• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT42| Embrace the Not-Knowing

Zocano

That took longer than expected but good run Alvy, Posse, Chrno, Breeze, and Shady

Finally got Oryx HM CM kill since I put it off for so long.

Dynasty8

Any PS4 players wanna do Court of Oryx Tier 3? I need the last two calcified fragments.

I'm missing numbers 48 and 49.

T3, Court, Balwur & Court, Kagoor

Hesemonni

Banned
Quick one: Is there enough content in RoI for a, mostly solo (...raid matchmaking and all that jazz...), player like me to justify the 30€ price point? Only one strike seems a bit little...

Quick one: Is there enough content in RoI for a, mostly solo (...raid matchmaking and all that jazz...), player like me to justify the 30€ price point? Only one strike seems a bit little...

They are bringing some of the Y1 strikes forward to compensate. Adding new versions of them. And apparently, while there's less story content than TTK, there's more to do post-story than in TTK. I personally think it would be worth it to a solo player, but worth is all a matter of perspective.

raindoc

new patrol area, new campaign, new quests & gear, "archon's forge" (something similar to Court of Oryx).
also check for raiding parties on this thread, you're missing the best parts of this game (imho).

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul
dammit missed another kadey invite...lol...sorry team Im making quesadillas before I play.. :p

Hey all,

I preordered Rise of Iron but I haven't played Destiny in about 6 months, after largely finishing up with the Taken King.

Is there a reason for me to play Destiny pre ROI release (outside if enjoyment factors) or is it fine to just wait until the expansion drops?

Makikou

Hey all,

I preordered Rise of Iron but I haven't played Destiny in about 6 months, after largely finishing up with the Taken King.

Is there a reason for me to play Destiny pre ROI release (outside if enjoyment factors) or is it fine to just wait until the expansion drops?
From what i've figured, you can farm some engrams if you want or just go in when Roi drops.

I'm in the same position.

Wallach

Hey all,

I think the only reason really would be to either finish up that Year 2 book thing if you care at all about that stuff, or to farm up engrams, Strange Coins, Legendary Marks and reputation to have more loot opportunities right when Rise of Iron drops. If you're already capped on Legendary Marks, just start tossing all engrams and legendary weapons you acquire in the vault so you don't waste any Legendary Marks dismantling them now. Like for my part I'm not doing much (I won't even really have any Strange Coins to take into RoI) but I did push my Vanguard reputation right up to where the next turn-in will give me a new rank, and I'll probably do the same with New Monarchy if I remember to.

That said it's just farming now or farming later; this is probably the last expansion for Destiny before its sequel, so I'd only do as much as you're comfortable with. I'm interested in getting new loot but I don't feel super compelled to slam through the light levels and such when we're going to be playing with this content for many months.

The only other thing I might consider would be to grab any Year 2 weapons that will not be returning in Year 3. Stuff like any of the current PvP or reputation vendor rolls that are considered really good (Hawksaw, Ruin Wake, Hung Jury, etc). Those will still be good weapons since they're infusable up to higher Light levels, so if you want any of them still this is your last chance to acquire any of those rolls.

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul
Hey all,

well moments of triumphs year 2 is still the biggest reason to play destiny pre-ROI but I guess enjoying the last moments of taken king thematic playthru before everything goes ROI

deadduck

Anyone about to help out the final stage of the sword quest?

The material gather put me off doing it for a 3rd time, but I'm past it now!

In poe, I hate it when people don't wait for others to reach the chests. Like wtf?

Someone didn't get the rewards because some asshole didn't wait for him, when I waited for THAT guy. And he was terrible too!

Edit:
Cool

Edit: thanks for the help. Boltcaster get.
No problem. Congrats!

I swear I have so many 335 strike exclusive gear from that mission.

Dynasty8

Really need help getting the last two calcified fragments.

The ones left are:

Tier 3 Courtif Oryx, Kagoor and Balwur...how can I get these two?

nOoblet16

A question, so the engrams that we already have will give us higher LL if we decrypt it after ROI. But what if my current LL is 329? Would I still get stuff near my LL I.e. 4-6 LL above my current one or can this be higher if I decrypt it after ROI?

If it's going to be still within 4-6 then would it affect exotic engrams too?

grief

The ones left are:

You need to get antiquated runes, I believe Bungie changed it so that all 3 of them are in rotation this week. So summon the rune, if it's not the one you want, run out of the CoO area so it cancels and retry until you get the one you need.

glaurung

The ones left are:

You need to have charged Antiquated Runes. Tier 3 of Court is on a cycle this week, all bosses are present.

Edit: ahh, a solid reply already. I am slow.

Eldon

Does anybody know if Infusion is here to stay during Rise of Iron?
Or are Year 2 items gonna be just a legendary marks source?

123rl

Any Xbox One players who don't have me on their friends list? It seems like I don't see anyone online now. Add me, bro: rlench

Top Bottom