• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT42| Embrace the Not-Knowing

123rl

What is the most efficient way to farm these? What was your routine?

Lots and lots of strikes. It's taken me about 80 to get that many. Every time I get an exotic, I'll leave the next game without popping another coin (or switch characters). I know you can get them this way, but I've never had one drop from a public event. If I see one I run away because I see it as a waste of a coin

Is it 2015? Did Fear's Embrace for the first time in almost a year. I always liked that mission, but Celestial Nighthawk and Red Death make that final room a joke.

Also, damn you, "Contacting Destiny Servers"!

For me, I've just ran strikes or crucible marathons, popping a 3oC at the beginning of each strike or match. The Exotics add up over time. Legendaries drop fairly often also.

Sometimes you'll get lucky and get two Exotics to drop at once, too.

I see. Thanks.

I can jump on too, if needed. 335 Titan, PSN PorthMinster.

Just saw this. Thanks for the offer, but we vanquished!

Lots and lots of strikes. It's taken me about 80 to get that many. Every time I get an exotic, I'll leave the next game without popping another coin (or switch characters). I know you can get them this way, but I've never had one drop from a public event. If I see one I run away because I see it as a waste of a coin

So you quit every other strike? Then you enter another one and pop a coin?

rdytoroll

I opened a exotic engram from Xur and got a 160 Bad Juju. How do I get this weapon to a higher lvl? I don't see an option to infuse

I opened a exotic engram from Xur and got a 160 Bad Juju. How do I get this weapon to a higher lvl? I don't see an option to infuse
You, sir, must've bought a legacy engram.

Which means you have to go to the exotic kiosk by the vanguard, and buy the Y2 version for 150 (or was it a 175?) marks. Then you can infuse that.

edit: Marks, Marks.

Wallach

Did you buy a Legacy engram from Xur? Those can't be infused, they always decode into Year 1 weapons. They're really only there for collectors to finish their Year 1 collections.

soultron

Banned
Go to the Exotic kiosk on the wall in the Vanguard room (Zavala, Cayde-6, Ikora). You got the Y1 version, but you can buy the Y2 version from the Exotic kiosk. It's usually X exotic shards or Y legendary marks.

HaRyu

Unconfirmed Member
Getting a raid group going. Helping out a friend get Oryx challenge mode done, which we have a HM checkpoint for.

After that, he's gonna bow out, so if you want do a full regular/hard raid, we'll probably be up for it.

1. HaRyu (PSN: Harlan_Ryudo)
2. deafmedal1
3. uberllama <-- guy who needs Oryx challenge

We'll also need a reserve member when uberllama leaves (in case we're up for running a full raid)

deafmedal

Getting a raid group going. Helping out a friend get Oryx challenge mode done, which we have a HM checkpoint for.

After that, he's gonna bow out, so if you want do a full regular/hard raid, we'll probably be up for it.

2. deafmedal1

We'll also need a reserve member when uberllama leaves (in case we're up for running a full raid)

Who the fuck is deafmedal1?

:p

I'd like to do the full hard raid. I don't need to do the challenges as I already did them on normal, but we could still try to do them, as they guarantee a high-level drop, don't they?

2. deafmedal1

Need to complete oryx challenge to finish my year 2 triumph, but not really feeling motivated to do it. Tried earlier in the week only to have servers lag at the end and oryx not take the full damage, it's pretty easy to do, but now I just don't feel like doing it. I would rather spend the time grinding mats. I just can't seem to get worked up over ugly shaders and emblems.

Join up with them ghost, if you can.

If it's the last thing you have left, might as well knock it out.

I can help if you need a 6th..

I'd like to do the full hard raid. I don't need to do the challenges as I already did them on normal, but we could still try to do them, as they guarantee a high-level drop, don't they?

They will drop based on your Light level, up to 335.

But yes, you'll get more loot from hard CM and hard bosses.

Who the fuck is deafmedal1?

:p

A terrible singer..

CREMSteve

2. deafmedal1

I'd be down for it. StrykerIsland

Give me a few mins to get out of bed.
Edit - ready to roll

rdytoroll

You, sir, must've bought a legacy engram.

Which means you have to go to the exotic kiosk by the vanguard, and buy the Y2 version for 150 (or was it a 175?) marks. Then you can infuse that.

edit: Marks, Marks.

Did you buy a Legacy engram from Xur? Those can't be infused, they always decode into Year 1 weapons. They're really only there for collectors to finish their Year 1 collections.

Go to the Exotic kiosk on the wall in the Vanguard room (Zavala, Cayde-6, Ikora). You got the Y1 version, but you can buy the Y2 version from the Exotic kiosk. It's usually X exotic shards or Y legendary marks.

Oops, yea I bought a legacy engram.

Jesus. Are you going to decrypt them all at the same time? I'd love to see that happen
I'll be doing this with mine:

Decrypt one engram.
Check light level.
Either equip or infuse if higher.
Decrypt another engram for a different slot.
Check light level.
Either equip or infuse if higher.
Repeat.

Power level your light.

123rl

I see. Thanks.

Just saw this. Thanks for the offer, but we vanquished!

So you quit every other strike? Then you enter another one and pop a coin?
No, I play the Strike even if I don't use a coin. You get a rewards boost for playing a streak of Strikes without quitting. So even if I know I won't get an exotic twice in a row, I still play as there's a good chance I'll get a Legendary. The same applies if I have to play Omnigul of Flayers: they won't drop Exotics but there's a good chance they'll drop Legendaries

HaRyu

Unconfirmed Member

2. deafmedal1
4. CREMSteve
5. babyghost(?)
6. Authentic/Ruthless(?)

If ghost needs it, I'll save a spot.

Authentic, are you ok with doing Oryx first so that we can get that out of the way or did you prefer to just do the raid from the start?

AEREC

Engram farming progress:

Screenshot-Original.png

Screenshot-Original.png

I've got about 12 3OC left to last until next week. All characters are on the verge of levelling vanguard and factions

I've got no will power, I have to decrypt as soon as I get an exotic. Though I do have 2 exotic chest pieces still undecrypted only because I'm pretty sure I already have every chest piece in the game.

RNGesus is not good to me. Got 2 special weapon exotics yesterday and both decrypted into Plan C...already had it and it's also the the only special weapon exotic I own.

123rl

I've got no will power, I have to decrypt as soon as I get an exotic. Though I do have 2 exotic chest pieces still undecrypted only because I'm pretty sure I already have every chest piece in the game.

RNGesus is not good to me. Got 2 special weapon exotics yesterday and both decrypted into Plan C...already had it and it's also the the only special weapon exotic I own.

Wow, that's rough. I have similar luck sometimes

I'd love to decrypt them all but I know I'd get no benefit from it now. I have every exotic I want and I'm 333, so I'm only going to get a tiny benefit anyway, if any at all. It's so tempting though!

Number45

That's the game telling you to use the Plan C. Love that weapon.

Zakalwe

Banned
We just killed Warpriest, one of our group just left so we need one more.

Normal mode, KF, challenges.

Ready to carry on as soon as you join.

HaRyu

Unconfirmed Member

2. deafmedal1
4. AuthenticM
5. CREMSteve

Ok, we need one more. We'll be doing Oryx HM first, btw. Then we'll do the raid from scratch.

HaRyu

Unconfirmed Member

2. deafmedal1
4. AuthenticM
5. CREMSteve
6. throwawayname

Ok we have 6. We should be starting soon. After that's done, I'll put another post up asking for a replacement for uberllama.

shingi70

Banned
So I have Open Nat, and all this morning I kept getting contacting destiny servers and beetle/anteater codes.

Is it a problem with my inter et or with Bungie servers.

AEREC

Wow, that's rough. I have similar luck sometimes

I'd love to decrypt them all but I know I'd get no benefit from it now. I have every exotic I want and I'm 333, so I'm only going to get a tiny benefit anyway, if any at all. It's so tempting though!

I cant complain too much I already have alot of exotics that I do want (Jade Rabbit (3oC drop), Zhalo Supercell (3oC Drop), TLW (Xur), Bad JuJu (Xur), Peregrin Greaves (3oC drop) but I really really want Mida and Hawkmoon.

But I seem to get a lot of duplicate exotic drops for some reason. Before I got my last two Plan C's I got 6 Exotic Chest pieces in a row (all in crucible) and out of my last 10 exotic drops 8 have been chest pieces...doesn't seem very RNG to me.

That's the game telling you to use the Plan C. Love that weapon.

I use it in PvE sometimes and it owns but Im scared to use fusion rifles in PvP, plus Id have to give up TLW.

Number45

I use it in PvE sometimes and it owns but Im scared to use fusion rifles in PvP, plus Id have to give up TLW.
Its quick charge and hip fire bonus make it pretty deadly. I'm pairing it with Finnala's Peril/Eyasluna and doing OK, although obviously I'm not setup for ranged encounters.

EL CUCO

Are the buffs completely random, or are certain infections only acquired from specific activities?

I've played a ton of Crucible and only seem to get Brilliance.

Top Bottom