• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT42| Embrace the Not-Knowing

Are the buffs completely random, or are certain infections only acquired from specific activities?

I've played a ton of Crucible and only seem to get Brilliance.

An uninfected character only has one shot at infection— once your PvP game/strike/raid/etc is over you've caught all you're going to get.

Are the buffs completely random, or are certain infections only acquired from specific activities?

I've played a ton of Crucible and only seem to get Brilliance.

Across 3 characters I contracted 2 viruses on two characters from 1 strike and all 5 on the other from 1 strike.

Edit: To actually answer your question...

Hunter got infected with 2 on Dust Palace
Titan got infected with 2 on Will of Crota
Warlock got infected with all 5 on Dust Palace

...so it seems both random and dependent on other infected players.

123rl

I cant complain too much I already have alot of exotics that I do want (Jade Rabbit (3oC drop), Zhalo Supercell (3oC Drop), TLW (Xur), Bad JuJu (Xur), Peregrin Greaves (3oC drop) but I really really want Mida and Hawkmoon.

But I seem to get a lot of duplicate exotic drops for some reason. Before I got my last two Plan C's I got 6 Exotic Chest pieces in a row (all in crucible) and out of my last 10 exotic drops 8 have been chest pieces...doesn't seem very RNG to me.

I use it in PvE sometimes and it owns but Im scared to use fusion rifles in PvP, plus Id have to give up TLW.

Give it a go. On the last IB I was dominating with Telesto. I was getting 15+ kills easily, and regularly more than 20, with at least 10 kills from Telesto. Telesto + Haakens Hatchet + my IB rocket launcher with Proximity is my ideal setup for PVP now

Dez_

Any PS4 players wanna do Court of Oryx Tier 3? I need the last two calcified fragments.

I'm missing numbers 48 and 49.

T3, Court, Balwur & Court, Kagoor
In case you didn't get this done last night, I can help with this today. Just let me know when you're looking to get them done.

Ahh so I have another shot at getting the other buffs from a strike? I've only played PvP

No, it seems once you become infected in an activity such as a strike you cannot get the other viruses/buffs so you'll have to hope to get all 5 at once.

If you have multiple characters you still have a chance if they have yet to be infected.

I edited my previous post to make my experience more clear.

123rl

So what factions do I need to edge for tuesday?

Vanguard
FWC/DO/NM
Crucible

What else to maximize my loot right off the rip?
Try and edge Cryptarch. You'll probably only get blue engrams in return but they'll be a good LL and that's all that matters. I'm not sure if PoE will drop Year 3 engrams but maybe that as well

I know I'm super late to this but, since when did they remove the ability to transfer Treasure Keys using the Destiny app? Getting the 'Items of this type can only be transferred in game', even though that's definitely been possible before.

I know I'm super late to this but, since when did they remove the ability to transfer Treasure Keys using the Destiny app? Getting the 'Items of this type can only be transferred in game', even though that's definitely been possible before.

Ages ago, you don't need keys anymore anyway

Mikey Jr.

Trying to get the shaxx bounty of play Crucible with fireteam on ps4? Anyone feel like just playing some quick Crucible. No need to talk.

Dynasty8

In case you didn't get this done last night, I can help with this today. Just let me know when you're looking to get them done.

Thanks man...I ended up knocking out early yesterday.

Still need it done and have a couple hours free time right now. Btw, I have three charged Agnorach Runes ready to go.

Any other PS4 players want to help out?

I really hope there isn't something for having all 5 infections. That doesn't seem fair at all for us that only got 1 or 2 on my characters.

So as someone who finished hard mode last time, light level 313, coming back into the game now, what's worth me doing before Tuesday? I'm guessing don't infuse anything before then?

X-Frame

Will CoO be pointless come Tuesday?

I can't remember if I read that the Light level of rewards for CoO will be bumped up for Rise of Iron or if they're staying the same ..

Trying to get the shaxx bounty of play Crucible with fireteam on ps4? Anyone feel like just playing some quick Crucible. No need to talk.

You can get that bounty done in private matches.

Still need it done and have a couple hours free time right now. Btw, I have three charged Agnorach Runes ready to go.

I can help with CoO.

PSN: ruthlesbarbarian

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
I really hope there isn't something for having all 5 infections. That doesn't seem fair at all for us that only got 1 or 2 on my characters.

Outside of industry events like the PAX emblems, Bungie seems to go out of their way to give people a chance to acquire stuff. I wouldn't worry about it. If you have a character without any I'd be happy to "infect" you,

Zakalwe

Banned
Need one more for Daughters and Oryx NM. If anyone could give us a hand it would be appreciated, people keep leaving... ;_;

PSN: astropoff

Outside of industry events like the PAX emblems, Bungie seems to go out of their way to give people a chance to acquire stuff. I wouldn't worry about it. If you have a character without any I'd be happy to "infect" you,

I appreciate it but all three of my characters are already infected it looks like. Oh well.

Farside

Unconfirmed Member
Activity Awards are still random whether you get them or not? I just completed a TTK mission in the VoG with a hydra and that was such a bitch, I was sure I was going to get something nice besides marks and shit.

Dez_

Ok. Running some errands and will be back within the next hour. Go ahead and get started without me if Ruthless is going to help.

bgbball31

Need one more for Daughters and Oryx NM. If anyone could give us a hand it would be appreciated, people keep leaving... ;_;

PSN: astropoff

I'm sorry ;_;

At 1:00 at my house though, football is on, and nothing else. And I knew with the jumping puzzle and Oryx would take longer than a half an hour.

Thank you for the part of the run I was on though!

so this just happened....?

CspoUtAUsAA3Mqa.jpg:large

Zakalwe

Banned
I'm sorry ;_;

At 1:00 at my house though, football is on, and nothing else. And I knew with the jumping puzzle and Oryx would take longer than a half an hour.

Thank you for the part of the run I was on though!

No worries man. Glad to have you in the group. Keep me added for future stuff.

Enjoy the game!

Top Bottom