• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT42| Embrace the Not-Knowing

Dez_

Well, I did it. I beat Destiny.

i9eutDR.jpg

I wouldn't have been able to get this done without this fantastic community. Honestly, I wasn't even planning on going for the platinum until I got the flawless raider trophy. Big shout out to Gutz for helping me and other players through that. You are incredibly awesome for running those flawless raids.

There have been tons of cool people that I've been able to play this game with. It's been a real pleasure since I started in year 2. Here's to more good times in year 3. Thanks everyone!

Melchiah

The expansion does not unlock at midnight. It unlocks at 2am pacific, 5am eastern.

Use them after.

Oh, I thought it unlocks at midnight as usual. Just checked, and it's actually at 12am on tuesday here. So, that solves the problem, as it's the same time as the weekly reset. Thanks for the heads up.

The god roll vendor one that used to be available? Yes...definitely in PvE. I use it all the time.

Tuonela SR4 is pretty good as well. It has a smaller clip, but it has better perks; Firefly and Replenish (This weapon’s magazine will be refilled whenever a Super is cast).

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
so occasionally released, you don't even know

was definitely fun chatting with you guys again.

I wouldn't have been able to get this done without this fantastic community. Honestly, I wasn't even planning on going for the platinum until I got the flawless raider trophy. Big shout out to Gutz for helping me and other players through that. You are incredibly awesome for running those flawless raids.

There have been tons of cool people that I've been able to play this game with. It's been a real pleasure since I started in year 2. Here's to more good times in year 3. Thanks everyone!
Grats! Way to go helping people to the finish line GutZ!

So my wife and I turned Destiny on for the first time in forever, and we can barely do anything. We're constantly getting "Attention: Contacting Destiny Servers" any time we dismantle something, change a piece of gear, or generally just interact with anyone in the tower.

It's making it super annoying to play.

Is this normal right now?

Kalamari

Yeah, that's mine. Extended Mag, Triple Tap and Firefly.

Man.. I have no idea what to do with my gear. I can barely remember which weapons I actually used, and I sure as hell have no idea which ones are still worth using after all the updates of this year.

Here are some guns you should definitely hold on to if you have them: Matador 64, Praedyth's Timepiece, Party Crasher +1 if it has rifled/reinforced barrel and field choke/aggressive ballistics/accurized ballistics or another barrel perk helps meet the range cap

That's all I have of the top of my head, anyone else have any recommendations for what to hold on to?

Melchiah

Here are some guns you should definitely hold on to if you have them: Matador 64, Praedyth's Timepiece, Party Crasher +1 if it has rifled/reinforced barrel and field choke/aggressive ballistics/accurized ballistics or another barrel perk helps meet the range cap

That's all I have of the top of my head, anyone else have any recommendations for what to hold on to?

Never had any of those. =/ I guess they're exclusive to Crucible, or hard mode raid?

On a side note, I've now started enjoying the Titan class, when I got The Taikonaut exotic Helmet. Its Air Traffic Control perk (All Rocket Launchers gain tracking, radar remains visible while zooming with Heavy Weapons and Heavy ammo drops more often.) works wonders with Choleric Dragon SRT-49's Cluster Bomb perk (Rockets create cluster bombs when they detonate.)

Trakan

I just hope RoI has broken as hell (PVE) weapons.

Black Hammer
Gjally
Some elemental primary of some sorts

hnnrg so much fun

I mean let's be honest, as hard as they make the content, nothing has been too hard outside of maybe Skolas which was pretty hardcore when it came to positioning sometimes.

I'm not sure if you've seen some of the leaked perks, but I'm guessing they're for the raid weapons and it seems like they'd potentially be up there or better than at least what we have currently.

So my wife and I turned Destiny on for the first time in forever, and we can barely do anything. We're constantly getting "Attention: Contacting Destiny Servers" any time we dismantle something, change a piece of gear, or generally just interact with anyone in the tower.

It flashed once for me briefly this morning but I've played fine ever since. Might be on your end.

Ambitious

It's not particularly worth stressing out over if you aren't actually attached to any of your gear, because Rise of Iron will undoubtedly introduce a ton of stuff that will become a new baseline in every category. In other words, anything's worth using until Tuesday, and after that all bets are off. You're not going to be screwed over by not having an ideal loadout from your existing gear because we're all going to be building new ones.

Yeah, I guess that's true. I'll have to read up on the current state of the exotics, though.

Lukemon

Any early reviews for ROI?

There won't be. People have played it at Bungie on closed servers but nobody is able to play it 'properly' until it goes live on Tuesday. And even then, there'll be plenty of content that rolls out over time and the Raid doesn't even go live until Friday. Early reviews aren't something you should be looking for.

Ambitious

Ok. 1 hour sounds good.

Downloading the patch over WiFi would have taken hours, so I switched to a wired connection. But now it's verifying the download a second time. It has been verifying for over ten minutes now, ugh. Sorry.

edit: The estimated download time is six hours using the cable? What the fuck? Sorry, looks like you're going to have to find someone else.

WeTeHa

Are you and your wife logged in at the same time over the same network? If so, I think that causes sone problems. Not sure how to fix it though.

Here's mine: buy it. ;-)

I secon that review.

GutZ31

l3vQYiGkQJ5TAdkZO.gif

Glad I could be of some help!

We have so many awesome people in this community, always helping behind the scenes, as well as at the forefront.
I hope everyone coming back gets a chance to play with Hawkian, igor, wicked, xplicit, ruthless, neoak, ape, Todd, Nami, Fig, Falifax, Jigga, Kadey, and many, many more.

Just a few names from the massive list of people that I find helping others when they have the time.

Thank you all for making this community the best place to play.

jeanRicK

Downloading the patch over WiFi would have taken hours, so I switched to a wired connection. But now it's verifying the download a second time. It has been verifying for over ten minutes now, ugh. Sorry.

edit: The estimated download time is six hours using the cable? What the fuck? Sorry, looks like you're going to have to find someone else.

Ok, no problem.
PSN speeds suck sometimes :|

Vic_Viper

Do we know when we're going to be able to download the rest of the Rise of Iron? They're not going to wait till the release date to push out the rest of the download right?

chur

Do we know when we're going to be able to download the rest of the Rise of Iron? They're not going to wait till the release date to push out the rest of the download right?
We already have all of it. Just waiting for Bungie to push the button so we can start playing it.

Push the button now Bungie. DO IT!

Rainmaker

Banned
I just hope RoI has broken as hell (PVE) weapons.

Black Hammer
Gjally
Some elemental primary of some sorts

hnnrg so much fun

I mean let's be honest, as hard as they make the content, nothing has been too hard outside of maybe Skolas which was pretty hardcore when it came to positioning sometimes.

Yep. Let me have fun.

P44

I'm not sure if you've seen some of the leaked perks, but I'm guessing they're for the raid weapons and it seems like they'd potentially be up there or better than at least what we have currently.

I didn't realise they were leaked

Yes

YES

YESSSS

they sound fun at least

Comms

Neo Member
Anyone up for some pain? I have a guy who needs Orxy challenge mode. Have 3, need 3 more @PS4 add Comms_12389. Need this done (ASAP 90 min) thanks.

1. Comms
2.If
3.King
4.James?
5. ?
6 ?

Farside

Unconfirmed Member
Just checked my Add-on list for Destiny and RoI is installed... so hyped. The Gjallerhorn and sparrow are installed, too.

Light level 261... getting there slowly...

Top Bottom