• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT42| Embrace the Not-Knowing

Finished the last step of my RoI prep tonight...$100 in silver. Let's go! The 2017 April update is on me DGAF.

lbFRj6.gif

MrDaravon

Best VoG ever, Found Verdict, Boots, Chest, Helmet, and gjhallarhorn.

That run was ridiculous in general, I got two Helmets, chest, cloak, Found Verdict, ship and a Plan C LOL.

Thanks so much for the run guys, that was pretty quick and painless. I was pretty rusty on some bits which got me killed once or twice but I really appreciate the help. Now the only quest I'll have left on my log with my Hunter is needing 7 more Crucible wins for the FWC item.

XAL

Can anyone on PS4 help me kill Oryx on Hard mode, i have a checkpoint and don't need to do the challenge. Just need the kill.

Titans preferred near max level, my 314 hunter ass needs to get carried for my last MoT

PSN: OHGODTHEBEES

need 2

I've been playing a lot of PvP over the past few days, and I've been noticing those metres fill up as I play. The further they advance, they more dialogue becomes unlocked.
rgbv1.jpg

They're numbered 1-8, I'm guessing there are 10 of each.

I think that's the whole community. I only have infection, but I see the same chat as you.

Hedgey

I think that's the whole community. I only have infection, but I see the same chat as you.

I think you're right. I think what threw me off was the outdated first post.

I only got 3/5 of the space herpes. Is there any way to get all the herpes.

As for the physical effect on the character, no. You're stuck with it until/if it runs out.
You can swap characters and bug someone to get all five all at once.

Unlocks on the website? Keep playing.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
The implication is that he was sent back in time to die by the Vex/Atheon.

(If this is a reference to the podcast I haven't gotten that far, though you guys were talking about characters' ages).
Ah interesting. I didn't catch that.

Curious if you have a guess/knowledge as to the question I posed about character ages!

ocean

Banned
after reaching 335 on all characters a few months ago, i went on complete destiny blackout until now. is there any one place i can read through all/most of the things i need to know for rise of iron? in particular, i want to know what kind of stuff i should avoid getting rid of.

are they really not launching ROF with vault space? that seems extremely problematic to me. i logged in for the first time in months and played a little. instead of being excited for tuesday, i just came away feeling stressed out. my vault and all 3 characters slots of completely maxed, and i already feel like i've sacrificed tons of stuff that i wanted to hang on to. i have like 70 days of playing time in the game, and instead of looking at my stuff and seeing accomplishments, i see baggage. i try to clean house, but it's not easy. it feels like i have to research every little thing to make sure i don't dump something that might be useful at some point, especially considering how often that balance things.

i'll still get into the expansion because Destiny s my favorite game ever, but it feels like it's going to be a huge chore getting into it and clearing enough baggage to actually enjoy it.
Overall most stuff is garbage. If we ignore old stuff you keep for sentimental value and Exotics (which are always available via Kiosk anyways),

Pulse Rifles: a vendor roll Hawksaw or equivalent roll PDX-45 from the Gunsmith. That's all you need. If you have a good Grasp of Malok, neat. Any others you have are probably worse and not worth keeping.

Hand Cannons: Finnala's Peril, Lord High Fixer, Eyasluna and The Devil You Know (maybe). These are close in base stats. Any you get with range boosts (Rangefinder, Rifled Barrel or Smallbore) are good. The rest of the hand cannons are probably not worth keeping. Revelator is technically capable of top-tier TRK but it's very unforgiving with that recoil and you need 2 crits 1 body because of the lower impact.

Scout Rifles: these things are very similar to each other. Hung Jury with the pre-April roll (or its black brother Tuonela) was basically perfect for PvE. For PvP, some Gunsmith Suros models are great, and if you're a good shot then maybe the original roll Coytus.

Auto Rifles: Doctrine with Counterbalance. Everything else sucks.

Snipers: You have the coveted 1KYS/LDR/Longbow family any good rolls with these (basically you want Shortgaze as a scope - bonus range or scope speed perks is great but not needed). Some lower impact stuff is nice for toying around like the KF sniper or a Trials/IB sniper. But yeah most everything else can go.

Fusion Rifles: FWC vendor roll is perfect. And it's still bad. No reason to keep all the split shifters and stuff you may have around.

Shotguns: quest Conspiracy Theory-D is great. If you find a party Crasher with Aggressive Ballistics and R. Barrel Then that's better. Anything else is unlikely to be worth keeping. Unless you want a quicker firing one for PvE - a Patch-A from Dead Orbit maybe? Most shotguns are garbage.

Machine Guns: KF one, Zombie Apocalype, Baron's Ambition, Bretomart's Stand, The Swarm. Take your pick. Anything that isn't lowest impact will work roughly the same.

Rocket Launchers: Ash Factory with Tripod and Grenades & Horseshoes or a Gunsmith Suros one with the same perks. Really no reason to own any others.

Sidearms: these are all the same thing.

Basically there's one or maybe 2 good archetypes per weapon type and 1-2 good guns in that archetype and then there's usually a single or maybe 2 sets of perks you want. Everything else is garbage.

:)

I'm sitting at the daughters section of the kings fall raid on xbox one with 5 open spots if anyone wants to do a quick run-through. gamertag same as my gaf name

Basically there's one or maybe 2 good archetypes per weapon type and 1-2 good guns in that archetype and then there's usually a single or maybe 2 sets of perks you want. Everything else is garbage.

This is exactly why I'm going on a purge come Tuesday. So many god rolled down and doubts, red specters, and split shifters. But it's imago, doctrine and thesan at all times. The rest are just not up to par.

MrDaravon

Overall most stuff is garbage. If we ignore old stuff you keep for sentimental value and Exotics (which are always available via Kiosk anyways),

Pulse Rifles: a vendor roll Hawksaw or equivalent roll PDX-45 from the Gunsmith. That's all you need. If you have a good Grasp of Malok, neat. Any others you have are probably worse and not worth keeping.

Hand Cannons: Finnala's Peril, Lord High Fixer, Eyasluna and The Devil You Know (maybe). These are close in base stats. Any you get with range boosts (Rangefinder, Rifled Barrel or Smallbore) are good. The rest of the hand cannons are probably not worth keeping. Revelator is technically capable of top-tier TRK but it's very unforgiving with that recoil and you need 2 crits 1 body because of the lower impact.

Scout Rifles: these things are very similar to each other. Hung Jury with the pre-April roll (or its black brother Tuonela) was basically perfect for PvE. For PvP, some Gunsmith Suros models are great, and if you're a good shot then maybe the original roll Coytus.

Auto Rifles: Doctrine with Counterbalance. Everything else sucks.

Snipers: You have the coveted 1KYS/LDR/Longbow family any good rolls with these (basically you want Shortgaze as a scope - bonus range or scope speed perks is great but not needed). Some lower impact stuff is nice for toying around like the KF sniper or a Trials/IB sniper. But yeah most everything else can go.

Fusion Rifles: FWC vendor roll is perfect. And it's still bad. No reason to keep all the split shifters and stuff you may have around.

Shotguns: quest Conspiracy Theory-D is great. If you find a party Crasher with Aggressive Ballistics and R. Barrel Then that's better. Anything else is unlikely to be worth keeping. Unless you want a quicker firing one for PvE - a Patch-A from Dead Orbit maybe? Most shotguns are garbage.

Machine Guns: KF one, Zombie Apocalype, Baron's Ambition, Bretomart's Stand, The Swarm. Take your pick. Anything that isn't lowest impact will work roughly the same.

Rocket Launchers: Ash Factory with Tripod and Grenades & Horseshoes or a Gunsmith Suros one with the same perks. Really no reason to own any others.

Sidearms: these are all the same thing.

Out of curiosity would you say it's worth it to still get a Hawksaw if I have the IB Nirwen's Mercy from last year, especially if I don't play a lot of Crucible and/or use PR's often? I usually use MIDA when I do play Crucible.

Also everyone recommends the Vacancy FR as a great PvP roll, but who is using FR's in Crucible right now anyway.

Dez_

Out of curiosity would you say it's worth it to still get a Hawksaw if I have the IB Nirwen's Mercy from last year, especially if I don't play a lot of Crucible and/or use PR's often? I usually use MIDA when I do play Crucible.

Also everyone recommends the Vacancy FR as a great PvP roll, but who is using FR's in Crucible right now anyway.
Get the vendor Hawksaw if you still don't have it. Very good rolls very stable, and it can kill faster than a Nirwen's Mercy (I still like using NM a bunch though).

Saladin is voiced by the same guy who voices Reaper, interesting. Also the Gunsmith is voiced by John DiMaggio, the same guy who voices Bender. Crazy how star studded the Destiny voice cast is considering how little dialogue there is.

shermas

Raid groups and XBL friends come and go.

Maybe I'll meet some more in RoI.

Of course you will, Guardian! I have no 'raid group' nor a consistent group of XBL friends, yet I've completed KF HM something like 50 times and have a lot of fond memories from (some of) the runs. :p

My play times vary wildly, but add me: Shermas. See you in ROI.

Top Bottom