• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT42| Embrace the Not-Knowing

Zocano

Saladin is voiced by the same guy who voices Reaper, interesting. Also the Gunsmith is voiced by John DiMaggio, the same guy who voices Bender. Crazy how star studded the Destiny voice cast is considering how little dialogue there is.

There's probably a hundred+ hours of dialogue that we'll never hear that's sitting in a harddrive somewhere.

EL CUCO

Saladin is voiced by the same guy who voices Reaper, interesting. Also the Gunsmith is voiced by John DiMaggio, the same guy who voices Bender. Crazy how star studded the Destiny voice cast is considering how little dialogue there is.
DiMaggio is also the iconic Marcus Fenix.

There's probably a hundred+ hours of dialogue that we'll never hear that's sitting in a harddrive somewhere.

Considering the last minute rewrites I would not be surprised if that were the case. It's a shame too because it likely would have been more entertaining than listening to our ghost tell us about living in a backpack.

GutZ31

The feel when you see EverydayMath give some streamer the bag on Twitch. lol

dhMeAzK.gif

EYxuBkA.gif

Link pls

MrDaravon

Oh my fucking god EVERY TIME I go into the daily PvP playlist solo it puts me and randoms against a group of 6. This time the enemy team is mostly using the white auto-rifle you start the game with and completely dominating us. Normally I don't really care since I just want my marks and get out, but I need these goddamn crucible wins for the FWC thing ;_;

Edit: holy shit this is maybe the most brutal beatdown I have ever received in Crucible. It's no bullshit and they're not teabagging or anything, but they're all using Year 1 weapons and absolutely fucking shitting on us. I went like 6-18. I'm not even mad.

Get the vendor Hawksaw if you still don't have it. Very good rolls very stable, and it can kill faster than a Nirwen's Mercy (I still like using NM a bunch though).

Are there multiple vendors selling it right now, or just one?

btkadams

Booted the game for the first time since Oryx hard mode first went live (stopped playing a few weeks later). I'm feeling a bit lost! There's armour with colour stone things I can equip?

Is there any content/items/weapons that came out since Oryx hard mode that I should be experiencing right now, or is everyone's best strategy to just grind out marks, engrams, and materials to hand in once the expansion goes live?

NeOak

Considering the last minute rewrites I would not be surprised if that were the case. It's a shame too because it likely would have been more entertaining than listening to our ghost tell us about living in a backpack.

Bill Nighy is the speaker.

You don't get Bill Nighy for a low key NPC.

And RIP Dinklebot. I liked the old Ghost that has seen a lot of shit and is sarcastic rather than the clueless Nolanbot.

Nolan could have played a better Ghost, but FFS, went with a retard.

I dont think so that sucks though if not youll be 1 day short. I got held up a bit but if you're good to play around 11 est we can do the raid. Hopefully some friends will be on and not getting their reps engrams etc ready for Tuesday and we can run through it in about an hour. If not we can try to look for a good group on lfg so it wont be a painful run lol.

Hey man, just wanted you to know I'm still up for this if you are.

Dez_

Oh my fucking god EVERY TIME I go into the daily PvP playlist solo it puts me and randoms against a group of 6. This time the enemy team is mostly using the white auto-rifle you start the game with and completely dominating us. Normally I don't really care since I just want my marks and get out, but I need these goddamn crucible wins for the FWC thing ;_;

Isn't there a freelance 6v6 playlist going on right now? That's the best one to jump into if you want to avoid the teams, but it is a rotating playlist.

There's just the one that you can buy from that Shaxx robot buddy. Fitted stock, counter balance, smallbore and spo-28 for some added aim assist. Get it while you still can.

Zocano

Bill Nighy is the speaker.

You don't get Bill Nighy for a low key NPC.

And RIP Dinklebot. I liked the old Ghost that has seen a lot of shit and is sarcastic rather than the clueless Nolanbot.

Nolan could have played a better Ghost, but FFS, went with a retard.

Yah I was thinking something similar after getting back into the game the past few days. I think the happy quippy ghost isn't as amusing as the dry annoyance of Dinklage. Oh well.

And yah The Speaker was gonna be an asshole. R I P.

Wait for Destiny 2 for the real shit.

MrDaravon

Isn't there a freelance 6v6 playlist going on right now? That's the best one to jump into if you want to avoid the teams, but it is a rotating playlist.

There's just the one that you can buy from that Shaxx robot buddy. Fitted stock, counter balance, smallbore and spo-28 for some added aim assist. Get it while you still can.

Normally I'm all about teamplay and my win rate in Rumble is...not great (overall my K/D in this game floats at 1-1.1, I'm pretty average), this has only become a problem since I started actually NEEDING wins for once for this stupid quest lol. I keep meaning to get on a GAF train but I'm usually not around when they start up because of work. If there's one tomorrow night I'll try to get on it, actually off tomorrow.

Played about a dozen heroic strikes to try to get some engrams and edge vanguard.

1) I got 2 total legendary engrams in about 2 hours. Bungie seriously needs to make it rain legendary engrams for highest end game level activities including nightfall and raid. I've always thought this and will continue to believe so.

2) I also only got 1 exotic that entire time. 3oC plz. I hope Destiny 2 kills the 3oC concept because it's so much more satisfying getting exotics randomly and already decrypted. Also, remembering to pop 3oC is also stupid.

3) off topic but I'm taking pictures tomorrow and I don't have an Iron, so I have to buy an iron for the first time ever tomorrow haha. Ironic.

shermas

Played about a dozen heroic strikes to try to get some engrams and edge vanguard.

1) I got 2 total legendary engrams in about 2 hours. Bungie seriously needs to make it rain legendary engrams for highest end game level activities including nightfall and raid. I've always thought this and will continue to believe so.

2) I also only got 1 exotic that entire time. 3oC plz. I hope Destiny 2 kills the 3oC concept because it's so much more satisfying getting exotics randomly and already decrypted. Also, remembering to pop 3oC is also stupid.

3) off topic but I'm taking pictures tomorrow and I don't have an Iron, so I have to buy an iron for the first time ever tomorrow haha. Ironic.

Those drop rates seem WEAK. I ran some heroic strikes (before last patch) and I was swimming in purples... RNG, I'm sure.

And I agree with the exotic drop... The rush of seeing a yellow flash, then quickly realizing what you got beats flying to Rahool and getting pissed a minute or two later. :)

I always forget to use my 3oC and end up just farming Draksis for a bit with them. Or I use them during the raid bc a teammate reminds me.

U2NUMB

I am guessing this has been asked but I have not found any good info on this... why the hell can I not pre order just Rise of Iron on my X1?

Shiv47

I ran a couple hours of heroics last night and got maybe two legendaries and one exotic from a 3oC. The drop rate should certainly be much greater than that, at least for legendaries.

Foxxsoxx

Edit: holy shit this is maybe the most brutal beatdown I have ever received in Crucible. It's no bullshit and they're not teabagging or anything, but they're all using Year 1 weapons and absolutely fucking shitting on us. I went like 6-18. I'm not even mad.

Yep. They say that solo crucible puts priority on finding other solo players but I don't buy it for a second just given how over half the time it's a party of 4 or more.

It saddens me how bad auto rifles are. I've been trying to make them work but they're simply outclassed by just about anything. The difference between me using an auto and a scout is night and day by comparison. The Hung Jury absolutely dominates at any range and I want to use any other gun but it's just so good that I can't.

Hopefully auto rifles themselves get some better stability and range with the new vendor guns because I've noticed most just have terribad stats.

shermas

I am guessing this has been asked but I have not found any good info on this... why the hell can I not pre order just Rise of Iron on my X1?

It's super glitchy from what I've read... I finally had to log into the Xbox store (on my laptop), sign in, then sign out, then I was finally able to pre-order.

I couldn't do it via the XB1.

SnakeEyes

Banned
Yah I was thinking something similar after getting back into the game the past few days. I think the happy quippy ghost isn't as amusing as the dry annoyance of Dinklage. Oh well.

And yah The Speaker was gonna be an asshole. R I P.

Wait for Destiny 2 for the real shit.
Yup, calling it that The Speaker will be the real villain of the Destiny franchise.

Makikou

Rise of Iron hype increasing since only 1 day to launch..

Didn't manage to take the day off and no one replied to my /r/Fireteams post though :c

MechDX

Listed under "Rise of Iron Bundle"

Another question though: I have it bought and pre downloaded to my Xbox One. What time Tuesday will it actually go live to play??

MechDX

There's no pre-load for Rise of Iron right?

My Xbox One says it is downloaded and when I start the game I get icons on the map for it but when you hit the button it just freezes for a second and then says "not available" or something like that

Despite my shotgun rage last night I am still excited for new crucible maps and supremacy(even though it seems it would favour shotguns).

PvE going to dominate the first week or so though.

Top Bottom