• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT42| Embrace the Not-Knowing

tumblr_nokrumOBEI1s08qivo1_500.gif

It took me more than $20 to get the Taken emote when the April update dropped. It's all RNG. I am also happy to toss Bungie some extra money at this point. Destiny has become my WoW, my Madden, my CoD, my one game that I play everyday. In the grand scheme of things, I've actually saved money by playing Destiny. Here's to Year 3!

Top of Page Edit: Lets go! Hype! Hype! Hype!

I think that's awesome :)

Geist-

It took me more than $20 to get the Taken emote when the April update dropped. It's all RNG. I am also happy to toss Bungie some extra money at this point. Destiny has become my WoW, my Madden, my CoD, my one game that I play everyday. In the grand scheme of things, I've actually saved money by playing Destiny. Here's to Year 3!

I would love to buy more emotes, but with only 1 emote slot I just don't see the point. Sometimes you find the perfect moment to use a emote, but it's not equipped, and the time it would take to equip means the moment has already passed me by.

Do you hear that Bungie? I'll spend a way more money if you implement an emote wheel!

Rehsa

I-am-rich-floyd-mayweather-throwing-money.gif

YdMhU.gif

Someone PS that gif and put the Destiny logo instead of her lol. Tempted to buy some myself

So I only got 3 infections on my Hunter, and two on my Titan. Not sure if I should leave Warlock with none or ask someone here tonight to give me all 5.

I've been saving my Legendary Marks for the Hung Jury but I'm wondering if I should wait with the expansion coming out tomorrow? Will it be rendered useless or something?
Just save your marks for tomorrow. I've heard that DO is going to have a ton of good weapons come RoI and the current Hung Jury vendor roll is trash. Just save your marks for the upcoming weapons.

Kyne

I've been saving my Legendary Marks for the Hung Jury but I'm wondering if I should wait with the expansion coming out tomorrow? Will it be rendered useless or something?

Hung Jury is a solid ass gun. With infusing you shouldn't have to worry about it cycling out anytime soon. I'd jump on it. Anything that comes out tomorrow will still be there a week/month from now. You can't say the same thing about Hung Jury.

edit: ^ Uhh I don't know the current roll. Might want to listen to optimus if it's not a good one.

Absolutely, I've saved a shitload of money by playing so much Destiny.

Rehsa

Hung Jury is a solid ass gun. With infusing you shouldn't have to worry about it cycling out anytime soon. I'd jump on it. Anything that comes out tomorrow will still be there a week/month from now. You can't say the same thing about Hung Jury.

edit: ^ Uhh I don't know the current roll. Might want to listen to optimus if it's not a good one.

Yeah the current roll is not as good as the previous, should save for tomorrow.

Bold One

I too am curious as to the timeline of the Iron Lords, apparently, they pre-date the Guardians, which must make Saladin quite old.

Does he have a ghost?

Was he forged in the light of the traveller?

Kwakye94

Neo Member
Sorry if this has been answered, but does anybody know if there will be another download on the day for rise of iron? Or just unlock and play!

I too am curious as to the timeline of the Iron Lords, apparently, they pre-date the Guardians, which must make Saladin quite old.

Does he have a ghost?

I don't think the iron lords were guardians, at least that what it looks like, so he wouldn't have a ghost.

Sorry if this has been answered, but does anybody know if there will be another download on the day for rise of iron? Or just unlock and play!

There are supposed to be 2 hotfixes deployed today but outside of that I wouldn't expect anything else but maybe a very small "unlocking content" like update at launch time.

chur

Does he have a ghost?

Yeah he has a ghost. It was stated in an interview at Gamescom.

I think guardian is just a title these zombie dudes gave themselves after some time.

Yep. I've saved so much money from not buying many other games because let's face it... Destiny is too damn fun to stay away from very long. 👍👍

BLCKATK

Does he have a ghost?

Yeah. Lord Saladin and the other Iron Lords were the first guardians. What they did layed down the example for what the Guardians of today are.

Storywise, Saladin and his buddies sealed SIVA away centuries ago. He's been alone for a long time.

guess i'm back in. last i recalled the max light level was 320. is there a smart way to get to the new higher light level or do i have to creep up with blues like when taken king came out?

Zakalwe

Banned
310 Guardian here looking for two more for CoE. Anyone willing to help please?

1. Zakalwe (astropoff)

Rwadu to go whenever we get a fire team.

Yeah the owl sector stuff is clearly stating that Guardians are quarantined from the city, not the tower. But we can't go to the city anyway so it's just lore progression for the mite stuff.

Exactly!

FyreWulff

The implication is that he was sent back in time to die by the Vex/Atheon.

(If this is a reference to the podcast I haven't gotten that far, though you guys were talking about characters' ages).

Yep. And since he's actively talking, he's still alive somewhere in time, just not in our timeline.

That's the thing about the Vex, they're an in-universe method of keeping any character alive or dead. The Vex can:

- delete you from time and everyone's memory
- add you to another time
- send you backwards in time, presumably all the way to the beginning
- send you forwards in time, presumably all the way to the end of time
- go to the past or alternate timelines and bring a copy of anyone / anything to the current timeline (Vex dishwasher strike boss is trying to do this for the original Vex strike boss)

Some questions that I'm sure have already been answered but this thread moves so fast...

1) RoI is going to be activated at midnight or server reset time? (4 am CST)
2) If I have a vanguard/faction package ready to go, should I wait to open it from the vendors until after RoI launches or it won't matter? I was trying to edge over the weekend but I timed it poorly, so now I'm sitting on some packages and trying to edge again while the vendors hold them for me.
3) Is RoI completely removing any of The Taken King content? I only started playing again a few days ago and TTK is still new to me. I'm hoping to still take it slow and try to experience some of what TTK has to offer before moving on completely to the newer content.

guess i'm back in. last i recalled the max light level was 320. is there a smart way to get to the new higher light level or do i have to creep up with blues like when taken king came out?

I think we will all be creeping up with blues to begin with.

With 1:1 infusion and less of a jump it should be much quicker then TTK though.

mileS

This thread moves fast :eek:

I haven't played Destiny since the launch of the game so I have a few questions.

1) how is the leveling experience now with all the changes?
2) being an outsider for all the different expansions it seems like most of them centered around new raids, which relates a bit back to my first question. Can I avoid having to do any of that and level all the way through without having to grind the same mission over and over? Excuse my lack of knowledge here.
3) If I only made it to level 18 when the game first launched would it be best to start over completely? Part of me wants to just use the boost but I'm leaning towards leveling from scratch and using the boost on an alt
4) I assume I'll still get the pre-order bonus stuff if I buy the physical collection (even though I didnt pre-order)

Quick note before I finish. Don't take question 2 the wrong game. While Destiny has changed a lot I still have a good idea of the type of game it is. Grinding endgame stuff and missions is fine to me if its fun gameplay. Just mainly worried about the leveling experience related to that question. Thanks everyone in advance.

Some questions that I'm sure have already been answered but this thread moves so fast...

1) RoI is going to be activated at midnight or server reset time? (4 am CST)
2) If I have a vanguard/faction package ready to go, should I wait to open it from the vendors until after RoI launches or it won't matter? I was trying to edge over the weekend but I timed it poorly, so now I'm sitting on some packages and trying to edge again while the vendors hold them for me.
3) Is RoI completely removing any of The Taken King content? I only started playing again a few days ago and TTK is still new to me. I'm hoping to still take it slow and try to experience some of what TTK has to offer before moving on completely to the newer content.

1. Server reset time

2. Wait to open it and also edge out the faction. Then you can open the package on Tuesday and then do a bounty or two and get another package, etc.

3. TKK stuff will still be there.

3. TKK stuff will still be there.

What about public events like the Taken randomly appearing around different zones? I still have quests that involve killing Taken Champions or whatnot which I believe has to do with these random public events, and I noticed the House of Wolves random spawns throughout each zone no longer happens so I'm worried that the Taken won't spawn anymore either after RoI goes live.

JJShadow

I could possibly join.

I don't have a mic and haven't played the raid before so may be more of a hindrance than help though.

I think VoG doesn't require as much coordination as KF for instance, so you should be alright if you just follow orders. However, I strongly recommend you to watch a raid walkthrough beforehand to get familiar with the mechanics and know what to expect in each area, such as this one:

http://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/destiny-vault-of-glass-raid-guide/2/

If you're finally in let me know and I'll put you on the list :)

PuMa

It talks about the city, not the tower right?

Besides, locking out of content seems like a very counter productive idea. I guess I wouldn't put it past Bungie though...

Yeah, but it's vague too. Not saying that he was right, just that his speculation wasn't truly out of nowhere. ROI hype!

What about public events like the Taken randomly appearing around different zones? I still have quests that involve killing Taken Champions or whatnot which I believe has to do with these random public events, and I noticed the House of Wolves random spawns throughout each zone no longer happens so I'm worried that the Taken won't spawn anymore either after RoI goes live.

That should still happen, but maybe less often. I've still seen Wolf Packs spawn in patrol sometimes since TTK launched.

Well they are adding a new section of the cosmodrome for RoI, so I don't think they are changing the regular cosmodrome. I could be wrong though... It just has seemed like the original patrol area will stay the same, so people who don't buy RoI or are too low level aren't getting clobbered by high level enemies haha

Top Bottom