• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT42| Embrace the Not-Knowing

Me and a friend looking to kill HM Oryx with CM.

We dont have much time so ideally some experienced folk :)

1 MandrakeUK
2 Friend

Starting as soon as we have 6.

I'm not used to thread moving so fast... stahp... O_O

This is really tame compared to what I remember it being. We are on OT 42 after all.

Well....

CfcvI6k.jpg

Been playing since 2 weeks after destiny launched. Have taken a few month/2 month breaks here and there but mainly just keep coming back to this game lol. My "to buy" backlog is massive.

lol you have more time on deleted characters than most have total play time. I think I took like a 4 month and an 8 month break.

I'm approaching 2700 hours in Destiny (I probably only played for 2-3 hours from March-August this year due to The Division and not caring for the April Update, growing tired of King's Fall, etc).

Someone on my friends list was approaching 5000 hours when I checked back in March/April.

Edit: Xbox or that site is lying to me as one says nearly 2700 and the latter says nearly 1600.

Strider

ue261QD.png

If that top 64% is actually accurate that's kinda mind blowing when you think about it (even though its a small number compared to a good number of destiny players)... Spend over 400 hours on a game and not even top 50% of the people that play? Shiiiiiiid.

I mean I'd assume that figure would count all the people that dropped the game a long time ago too and didn't even bother with any of the DLC

ue261QD.png

If that top 64% is actually accurate that's kinda mind blowing when you think about it (even though its a small number compared to a good number of destiny players)... Spend over 400 hours on a game and not even top 50% of the people that play? Shiiiiiiid.

I mean I'd assume that figure would count all the people that dropped the game a long time ago too and didn't even bother with any of the DLC
I know destiny is big but percentage numbers like that still blow my mind. There are so many people playing, and regularly. Truly the game of the generation.

I know destiny is big but percentage numbers like that still blow my mind. There are so many people playing, and regularly. Truly the game of the generation.

Must be fake.. the game is a flop the entire situation is horrible. Bungie and Activision are total freaking assholes...

Am I doing it right?

Destiny is Bungie gunplay with people. I have played this game for countless hours with co-workers, bosses, NeoGAF, Rando's and even people I have only ever met once in life at a damn game store.

The social aspect of it is phenomenal.

ue261QD.png

Only top 64% of the players who have entered their name on that site I believe is how it works. It's out of a total of 528,079 players currently. You can watch that number keep going up (it must update every so often). You can see it just below the top 10 leaderboard.

JJShadow

We still have a free spot for a quick VoG run starting at 19:00 BST (53 min from now), so if you need that Atheon kill for NTTE or just for fun, join us!

Vault of Glass - Normal or Hard - 19:00 BST (UK time) - PS4
1. JJShadow (JJShadow77)
2. TehGoomba (CollateralCat-)
3. glaurung (glaurung)
4. WeTeHa (WeTeHa)
5. WeTeHa's friend

I'm approaching 2700 hours in Destiny (I probably only played for 2-3 hours from March-August this year due to The Division and not caring for the April Update, growing tired of King's Fall, etc).

Someone on my friends list was approaching 5000 hours when I checked back in March/April.

Edit: Xbox or that site is lying to me as one says nearly 2700 and the latter says nearly 1600.

That site doesnt take into account orbit or tower time. Check destinytracker or something for the actual total.

Ambitious

Anyone down for a quick CM KF run? I need all three challenges for the MoT. Normal mode is fine, but I can do HM too if needs be.

Well, in the meantime, I'm soloing CoE, in case anyone wants to join in. Beating it is sufficient for the Variks quest, right? I don't have to hit the highscore again?

Do you guys think there's any chance whatsoever for me to manage a full King's Fall raid without anyone who has ever done it yet? Obviously it's a full year since it's been around, but I have never done it and one of the things that I find fun about these Raids is going into it "spoiler free", which includes not being with someone who knows every little trick to getting through the challenges.

Do you guys think there's any chance whatsoever for me to manage a full King's Fall raid without anyone who has ever done it yet? Obviously it's a full year since it's been around, but I have never done it and one of the things that I find fun about these Raids is going into it "spoiler free", which includes not being with someone who knows every little trick to getting through the challenges.

You have 3-5 hours to spare?

I mean if you can instruct the group quickly you could clear it faster

Yeah I would definitely like to beat it "legit" the first time, I just am not sure it's worth the trouble finding 5 other individuals who have never done it. Is there anyone here who would be interested in that?

MrDaravon

Good morning Guardians! Oh god it's after noon here I slept way too late fuck. Again would really like to thank Reign, Hawkian, Ruthless and everyone else here for helping me upon my return a few weeks ago wrapping up my MoT and getting caught up and whatnot, DGAF continues to be the best.

I think I'm going to just bite on getting the Hawksaw; that's obviously going to prevent me from being capped on marks heading into tomorrow, but I'm not at max LL and only have like 15 leg/exotic engrams saved and I don't have factions edged so kinda whatever at this point I guess. I work the next three days but I'm off Friday through Monday, so hopefully I can get raid-worthy by the end of the weekend I guess.

Off today so I'm planning on grinding some stuff out, if at any point I could get 2 other guardians to help me cheese a couple things for like 45 minutes or so that would be great; I need to do one more CoE 41 but I'd also like to get the ghost at the end and I'm having no luck getting it with randoms. I also need a fireteam to help me cheese the Titan and Warlock subclass quests for generating 7 orbs at once 3 times which IIRC is doable through the earth strike but I need a team to in with me. If anyone is willing to help me out with stuff hit me up, PSN is same as my name here, should be around all day barring meals.

If I can get all of that cheesing done the only quests I will have on any characters is 7 more wins in Crucible for my FWC quest (GAF train today maybe?) and some of the Crucible subclass multikills on my Titan which is annoying but not a critical need or anything.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane

He hasn't ever done it either.

Neo, unfortunately what you're talking about is a pretty tough sell a year after release (and the day before a new expansion). I have to imagine that 99% of the people interested in doing King's Fall have already learned about it if not at least tried it by now. :(

The good news is that there's quite a bit of opportunity to find a group for Wrath of the Machine under the circumstances you're discussing, if you are getting RoI.

Anything is possible with enough time, patience and communication.

GutZ31

Everyone will need to be committed.
Need at least 12 hours free, and everyone wants to do it.

Strider

Only top 64% of the players who have entered their name on that site I believe is how it works. It's out of a total of 528,079 players currently. You can watch that number keep going up (it must update every so often). You can see it just below the top 10 leaderboard.

ok yea that would seem right to me... because if that included everyone that'd be crazy.

That being said attach rate is still amazing for this game. It still has a huge player base after 2 years....

ViciousDS

Banned
Happy to help.

Most of the Kings Fall raid weapons are bad, especially the AR, HC, RL and Fusion. You can safely delete them, not even worth collecting.

For others you have to know the rolls and perks, can't say otherwise.

Also, no reason to keep Y1 versions of exotics if you have the Y2 ones.

So my Pulse or Scout......can't remember what it was is still decent? Cool.....good to know.

Update is up on PS4.

anything beyond what was introduced in 2.4? Like hidden patch notes, quest changes etc.

Or we won't really know till tomorrow

We still have a free spot for a quick VoG run starting at 19:00 BST (53 min from now), so if you need that Atheon kill for NTTE or just for fun, join us!

Vault of Glass - Normal or Hard - 19:00 BST (UK time) - PS4
1. JJShadow (JJShadow77)
2. TehGoomba (CollateralCat-)
3. glaurung (glaurung)
4. WeTeHa (WeTeHa)
5. WeTeHa's friend

I'll join.

Someone please confirm that the film grain is either gone or toggle-able.

Preparing to update takes like 2 hours, don't you know?

hydruxo

https://www.bungie.net/en/News/Article/45227/7_Destiny-Hot-Fix---91916

2.4.0.1 -The one before Rise of Iron.

General
Fixed an issue where gear was not showing up properly in Kiosks
Fixed an issue where audio could cut out during long sessions
Added localization updates for Rise of Iron content

Quests
Fixed an issue with quest tracking not functioning properly on Cosmodrome and Mars
Fixed an issue with quest tracking not functioning properly for City Tower or City Tower NPCs

Crucible
Fixed an issue with the volume of certain Shaxx lines

And as part of a dual deployment...

2.4.0.2 - The one about Film Grain.

General
Fixed an issue where Film Grain was inadvertently added
Fixed an issue that shortened the revive interaction time and extended revive distance to pre 2.2.0 values

Stay tuned for an additional info article that will detail all changes to the player experience in Rise of Iron.

ok yea that would seem right to me... because if that included everyone that'd be crazy.

That being said attach rate is still amazing for this game. It still has a huge player base after 2 years....

Yeah I've only ever played one other game anywhere near this much. And that was a PC game I played for like a decade.

Yeah I worded my post a little poorly, I was more asking if you think it's possible to find 5 other King's Fall "virgins" without it taking forever. Your answer still applies to that question, though. xD

I once ran Vault with a team where two of the members didn't even speak english and this was right after the run em of the bridge cheese was patched.

It took us almost 6 hours but man what a freaking rush it was when it all clicked.

1) volunteer a leader and let everyone allow said leader to incorporate strategy.
2) do a quick explanation of the fight/tactics/whatever and then run into it expecting a wipe
3) wipe a few more times then take a 5 minute break and go over what happened.
4) take a group picture of the end of the raid

Honestly it comes down to communication communication communication. People are going to get hot headed and frustrated but honestly as humans we like to win, and it honestly is amazing how stubborn one can become when they want something.

Best of luck.

Top Bottom