• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT42| Embrace the Not-Knowing

SheHateMe

Great run of CoE Kalamari, SheHateMe.

Gear of note I landed:

Y2 Queensbreaker
Thunderlord
Consumed Shell
Sweet looking Kell's Bond - gonna make this my new bond
Sweet looking Longest Vigil - gonna make this my new whip
Yet another exotic shard, er - Dreg's promise :/

Very productive!

Same here!

I want to thank everyone that's helped me or someone else this weekend. This is why DGAF is the best GAF.

Hell, we're the best community period.

What are some recommended setups for trials/competitive pvp? I've been away from the game for 9 months and am going to be grinding to get to a decent spot before RoI. Is everything still the same with TLW and sniper with shortgaze, snapshot, HH rolls?

CREMSteve

Booted the game back up today for the first time in a year. Felt good.

I love that they've added the option to remove the HUD.

Count me in for Rise of Iron.

What are some recommended setups for trials/competitive pvp? I've been away from the game for 9 months and am going to be grinding to get to a decent spot before RoI. Is everything still the same with TLW and sniper with shortgaze, snapshot, HH rolls?

That totally works. Eyasluna & Finala's Peril are the hand cannons du jour.

MIDA, Hawksaw/PDX & Grasp of Malok are dominant primaries as well.

Universal Remote & Party Crasher +1 getting lots of use on the shotgun side too.

That totally works. Eyasluna & Finala's Peril are the hand cannons du jour.

MIDA, Hawksaw/PDX & Grasp of Malok are dominant primaries as well.

Universal Remote & Party Crasher +1 getting lots of use on the shotgun side too.

Alright thanks for the tips. Guess it's time to start grinding for good rolled snipers and other guns. Stopped playing week of HM Oryx so I'm way behind the curve right now.

Cat Emblem #12 hype for eggydoo!

C3he6oh.jpg

Starring xplicit as eggydoo! Final boss no mercy, 4-4 win hype. GGs

Im done for the day, am exhausted :weary:

Kalamari

Anyone know if Kaliks Reborn is the boss in 34 PoE this week? I need his grimoire. nvm, it's qodron.

Vendor Hawksaw is Fitted Stock, CB, Smallbore, I believe.

In a once in a lifetime play, I managed to pull this off. Not sure why the other guys show as 0/0s. (sorry for poor capture, was rushing after that game)

Most time I usually get above 1.0, unless I do absolutely garbage on some games (always happen on a new map or one I'm not familiar with) maybe 2.0 on a good game and very rarely 3.0ish.
Cq_aGB-WYAETigX.jpg:small

Also, I think there is a GAFer with the username as my PSN handle. Pls don't be mad, had this since early PS3 lol.

Think I have the current vendor one, Perfect Balance, Counterbalance, and Smallbore. Makes it a laser.

Oh nice. I'll have to pick that up soon. I was going to spend my marks on engrams to hopefully get a decently rolled 1000 yard stare but that doesnt sound too fun.

I used to use hand cannons mostly before I stopped but I'll have to start messing around with pulse rifles until I get a decent rolled eyasluna or something.

NeOak

Oh nice. I'll have to pick that up soon. I was going to spend my marks on engrams to hopefully get a decently rolled 1000 yard stare but that doesnt sound too fun.

I used to use hand cannons mostly before I stopped but I'll have to start messing around with pulse rifles until I get a decent rolled eyasluna or something.

Complete the Taken War quests to get a good roll 1KYS.

MrDaravon

I don't think I'm going to have time today to do the Warpriest CM unless it's late tonight (like 10:30ish or later EST) since I have to go to work in a bit, maybe folks will be around tomorrow for it? Rare day off for me, should be free all day after 4 or so.

For Y2 Completion I still need to do the following:

-Complete an exotic sword quest; I actually have all 3 swords on the final step (kill the two knights in that strike) on my Hunter since I did the cheese way back when but never finished it.
-Beat King's Fall on Hard; I did normal several times back at launch but never hard.
-Complete the Crucible Mountaintop questline. I need to look into this one because I don't think I've touched it (most of my questlog are all the Crucible & Crucible subclass quests)
-Get all the Fragments, I'm only missing the three from the CM's.
-Complete the two April quests; I can't imagine this is hard even solo?
-Complete an Elder's Sigil scorecard (I haven't even touched CoE yet)

Making dinner right now (in as much as pre-heating the oven for a Totino's pizza at 10:30 on a Sunday night is making dinner), but in maybe ~30 minutes anyone around on PS4 that wants to help out with any of the above? I also haven't done the NF so that's maybe a more quick reasonable time committment? My Hunter is my only character above 300 (~305 depending on my gear) so I'd probably have to get carried a bit, and it's not happening at all with my other two characters in the 290s which I'm totally fine with. Would just like to get at least one NF done, first one since I came back so maybe I'll get some good stuff.

Edit: Got some help, thanks!

18 total emblems this weekend helped by DGAF

We will try our very best to get to as many people as possible. Update: The list is getting pretty huge. If you do not care about actually running your account to Mercury yourself, please feel free to send me your credentials and me, Igor, Ape, Fali, Todd or Inapp can run your account for you, to save some time and make it a little easier for us. I also need to shout out JustGotWicked and Biggy for the tremendous help. This wouldn't be possible without every single person helping

1) Cat Emblem
COMPLETED:
1 - Neo
2 - DonutTurtle
3 - Ich
4 - T-44
5 - Eggydoo
6 - Dorssom
7 - Chuck
8 - ZW33
9 - Deku
10 - Axoman
11 - Sky Walker
12 - MrDaravon
13 - Milkham
14 - Noomi
Virgins:
15 - Pilgor/Rogo
16 - Scarletham
17 - Jabronium / Thrillho
18 - Shiv

TODO:
- Ruffles
- SheHateMe
- PWH
- DMH
- Spiders
- Pandora
- Sentinal
- Haybro
- GibbShift
- SteveO
- hedera
- tyrantll
- androo
- desgrafx
- SonComet
- Phenom Jr (ps4)
- Spyder_UR
- Darryl
- Rob
- Highwind
- V1ctim
- Rahvar

2) Virgins
- Ninja Knight
- robo
- Irrotational (xbox)
- Aarcane (xbox)
- Fathead826 (xbox)

V1ctIm

Neo Member
We will try our very best to get to as many people as possible. Update: The list is getting pretty huge. If you do not care about actually running your account to Mercury yourself, please feel free to send me your credentials and me, Igor, Ape or Fali can run your account for you, to save some time and make it a little easier for us.

1) Cat Emblem
COMPLETED:
- Neo
- DonutTurtle
- Ich
- T-44
- Eggydoo
- Dorssom
- Noomi
- SoullessSHOES
- Chuck
- ZW33
- Deku
- Thrillho

TODO:
- Ruffles
- SheHateMe
- PWH
- DMH
- Spiders
- Pandora
- Sentinal
- Haybro
- GibbShift
- SteveO
- hedera
- Sky Walker
- tyrantll
- androo
- desgrafx
- SonComet
- Phenom Jr (ps4)
- Spyder_UR
- MrDaravon
- Darryl
- Rob
- Highwind
- V1ctIm

2) Virgins
- Pilgor/Rogo
- Scarletham
- Ninja Knight
- robo
- Irrotational (xbox)
- Jabronium
- Shiv
- Aarcane (xbox)
- Fathead826 (xbox)
I know the list is long, but hopefully with everyone working at it I can fit in there as well.

In a once in a lifetime play, I managed to pull this off. Not sure why the other guys show as 0/0s. (sorry for poor capture, was rushing after that game)

Most time I usually get above 1.0, unless I do absolutely garbage on some games (always happen on a new map or one I'm not familiar with) maybe 2.0 on a good game and very rarely 3.0ish.
Cq_aGB-WYAETigX.jpg:small

Also, I think there is a GAFer with the username as my PSN handle. Pls don't be mad, had this since early PS3 lol.

Nice! Sometimes I like being an average player - games like the one you had really stand out and feel awesome. Your emblem really makes me want to find a way to do the refer-a-friend quest chain, too.

Does anyone know when exactly DestinyTracker started tracking ELOs for players? When I quit December 2015ish, they seemed to have a way to determine your playlist "level" but the more I look into how much the site has changed, the more cool it is. Unfortunately I don't think my ELO is super accurate for many playlists since I quit for so long. But it's still cool to take a look at - for example, here's the matchup for my Trials "final boss" this weekend - we were the underdogs! http://destinytracker.com/dg/5399594448

Dave_6

There are some good snipers out there in the world

Scarlet with the triple down

3o6ZsXZP6bZNG7vhQI.gif

Neo making drizz proud with the "Stay down"

26ufeK7jSFmy99tza.gif

Neo even pulled a 1v3 on a first round :eyes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCcgJ8OJUXs

Awesome! Maybe one day I'll be decent at sniping. I keep trying but feel like I'm not really improving. Feel like I get flinched too much/too easily.

We will try our very best to get to as many people as possible. Update: The list is getting pretty huge. If you do not care about actually running your account to Mercury yourself, please feel free to send me your credentials and me, Igor, Ape or Fali can run your account for you, to save some time and make it a little easier for us.

1) Cat Emblem
COMPLETED:
- Neo
- DonutTurtle
- Ich
- T-44
- Eggydoo
- Dorssom
- Noomi
- SoullessSHOES
- Chuck
- ZW33
- Deku
- Thrillho

TODO:
- Ruffles
- SheHateMe
- PWH
- DMH
- Spiders
- Pandora
- Sentinal
- Haybro
- GibbShift
- SteveO
- hedera
- Sky Walker
- tyrantll
- androo
- desgrafx
- SonComet
- Phenom Jr (ps4)
- Spyder_UR
- MrDaravon
- Darryl
- Rob
- Highwind

2) Virgins
- Pilgor/Rogo
- Scarletham
- Ninja Knight
- robo
- Irrotational (xbox)
- Jabronium
- Shiv
- Aarcane (xbox)
- Fathead826 (xbox)

Good stuff you guys are doing!!!

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
Introducing the blade dancing nightstalker:

https://youtu.be/HDv3pk3Rf8k

No matter how much I go over this I can't account for I'm watching. For sure it indicates that there is only one enemy up. YouShotInTheDark clearly shoots a tether. But YouShotInTheDark was also bladedancing. Either this is a creature of lag that we haven't seen before or this dude found a new glitch?

Rahvar

1) Cat Emblem
COMPLETED:
- Neo
- DonutTurtle
- Ich
- T-44
- Eggydoo
- Dorssom
- Noomi
- SoullessSHOES
- Chuck
- ZW33
- Deku
- Thrillho

TODO:
- Ruffles
- SheHateMe
- PWH
- DMH
- Spiders
- Pandora
- Sentinal
- Haybro
- GibbShift
- SteveO
- hedera
- Sky Walker
- tyrantll
- androo
- desgrafx
- SonComet
- Phenom Jr (ps4)
- Spyder_UR
- MrDaravon
- Darryl
- Rob
- Highwind

2) Virgins
- Pilgor/Rogo
- Scarletham
- Ninja Knight
- robo
- Irrotational (xbox)
- Jabronium
- Shiv
- Aarcane (xbox)
- Fathead826 (xbox)

If possible I'd love to be added to the list. Never played Trials whatsoever.

CornDogg

So I just bought Taken King and have jumped back in after not playing since HoW. Really liking the increased focus on narrative and the missions so far have been pretty cool.

I think there are still lots of changes to figure out, but I'm liking what I see. I haven't tried jumping back into the Crucible yet. That said, are any of the Y1 exotics (Thorn, Hawkmoon, SUROS, etc) still useful, particularly in PvP?

So I think I know what happened in Mannys video. So Nightstalker has a perk called snare, I think, where you shoot a tether and it works like a trap where it doesn't activate until someone walks near it. So I'm thinking that guys teammate shot a tether, died, and the tether stayed.

Because if you look to the right, before he gets tethered, you can see a purple haze there already and there was no sign of the last guy alive shooting a tether. That is my theory.

I think there are still lots of changes to figure out, but I'm liking what I see. I haven't tried jumping back into the Crucible yet. That said, are any of the Y1 exotics (Thorn, Hawkmoon, SUROS, etc) still useful, particularly in PvP?

Heck yeah. There's no huge difference on most of them, it only matters in modes that don't ignore levels.

Top Bottom