• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT42| Embrace the Not-Knowing

KuroNeeko

Wow, that cat emblem looks pretty sweet!

I've been stumbling around "end game" content, going from clearing quests, doing patrols, doing the daily quest, hitting the Court of Oryx and end game Exotics (ToM and the sword).

Should I even worry about ToM and the sword right now? Won't most of the exotics be "outdated" come Rise of Iron?

I've got one or two more perks left on Sunsinger, then I'll start working on Voidwalker so I can use my Nothing Manacles.

Drizzay edit: I didn't know Drizzay, but from what I've seen in the thread this past week or two, he'd probably be really happy seeing you all helping each other and just enjoying the game.

Moments of Triumph left:
-Challenge Mode Calcified Fragments (Golgoroth, Oryx)

-King's Fall Raid Heroic

-Crucible Quest (9pts Elimination, then the last step The Mountaintop)

Meanwhile I still have exotic quest for The First Curse (Need 7 Precision Kills in Crucible match), No Time To Explain (Need the Eye of Atheon from VoG), and The Chaperone (on the Jolly Holiday portion of the quest) to complete, and need to do Fears Embrace again to get the Touch of Malice.

Anyone up tonight that feels like helping with anything?
Of course i can't sleep, so i'm game to help you.

Edit: if you're still around.

glaurung

Got teamed up with a Spanish super-player during the weekend, an acquaintance of a streamer friend of mine. Her godlike PvP stats dragged us into Crucible matches with almost inhuman players. Spawn in, get sniped. Step into any semi-open area, get sniped instantly. Plus wave after wave of supers and crouching Matador shotgunners.

Put me off playing Crucible for a seriously long time.

Of course i can't sleep, so i'm game to help you.

Edit: if you're still around.

Sorry, just rechecked thread. Finished up the Fear's Embrace stuff. Do you have the Imprecation Quest? And I have Checkpoint in VoG (section before the Templar), but think we'd need more than 2 ppl to get through it.

JJShadow

We still need 4 more people for a KF NM run this afternoon at 18:30 GMT (UK time, PS4). First time here, so any help would be really appreciated!

1. JJShadow77
2. Gulfwarvet

robo

We still need 4 more people for a KF NM run this afternoon at 18:30 GMT (UK time, PS4). First time here, so any help would be really appreciated!

1. JJShadow77
2. Gulfwarvet

Doing this on my titan, but also need the sisters and oryx on my hunter for the two quests, so will swap out titan to hunter at the end to get the cp, and then swap back again if that's OK.

raindoc

I'm short of reaching LL 270 and just realised that the Raid is now accessible... so... any chance a team is forming with room for an underpowerd King's Fall-virgin before reset?

*cough*

glaurung

1. JJShadow77
2. Gulfwarvet
I can help you guys out with any class of your choice. Just ping me at PSN glaurung

robo

I'm short of reaching LL 270 and just realised that the Raid is now accessible... so... any chance a team is forming with room for an underpowerd King's Fall-virgin before reset?

*cough*

Go rank up fast!! Not to sure if 270 is to low for the final bosses, those with more experience than me may be able to advise

JJShadow

*cough*

I think the minimum recommended LL for KF is 290 to do enough damage to the final bosses, but you still have some time to rank up fast, at least till 280 (then you can rank up even further with the initial drops you get in the raid). In any case, a more experienced guardian could tell you better

If you are able to do it, just let us know and I'll add you in

That's in...eight hours or so?

Yep, 7h 40min starting now, if you wanna join just add your name to the list :) (I think I already have you on PSN)

I can help you guys out with any class of your choice. Just ping me at PSN glaurung

Cool, thank you glaurung. I put you on the list

King's Fall NM (PS4) 29/8 18:30 GMT
1. JJShadow77
2. Gulfwarvet
3. glaurung

raindoc

I think the minimum recommended LL for KF is 290 to do enough damage to the final bosses, but you still have some time to rank up fast, at least till 280 (then you can rank up even further with the initial drops you get in the raid). In any case, a more experienced guardian could tell you better

If you are able to do it, just let us know and I'll add you .

274 now with the "best" gear i have. running heroic strikes now - 280 should be no prob, maybe even /90 if i'm lucky with drops.

Melchiah

Is there a point to collect engrams for the RoI? I haven't been saving any of them, and I wondered if it would be better to put them into the inventory to wait for the DLC, if they grant higher level gear then?

Ji66a-Man

274 now with the "best" gear i have. running heroic strikes now - 280 should be no prob, maybe even /90 if i'm lucky with drops.

If you're gonna try King's Fall NM, you better have a good high impact sniper rifle like Black Spindle or 1000 Yard Stare and a Machine Gun.

KuroNeeko

If you are able to do it, just let us know and I'll add you in

Yep, 7h 40min starting now, if you wanna join just add your name to the list :) (I think I already have you on PSN)

Cool, thank you glaurung. I put you on the list

King's Fall NM (PS4) 29/8 18:30 GMT
1. JJShadow77
2. Gulfwarvet
3. glaurung

Thanks for the invite! 2:30 am is probably a bad idea so I'm going to pass on this one! ; )

glaurung

Is there a point to collect engrams for the RoI? I haven't been saving any of them, and I wondered if it would be better to put them into the inventory to wait for the DLC, if they grant higher level gear then?
Based on Destiny history, it is rather unlikely that exotic engrams would yield higher LL stuff. Then again, we don't know.

I am keeping a bunch of exotic engrams ready just in case new rank-up stuff gets added to the Cryptarch. The exotic engrams get you the most rank-up points, even when they translate to boring old stuff/shards.

If you have some runes, try court of oryx - you get lot of engrams that can help with getting your LL up.

Vendor gear is all 280 so you should buy some if you have enough marks. Marks are super easy to come by..

noomi

Woke up this morning to do some bounties for weapon xp... and they seem so different now. I guess they must have updated bounties in the April update?

Do 5K xp bounties still exist, you know the ones that would ask you to kill 10 ultras and such?

robo

Woke up this morning to do some bounties for weapon xp... and they seem so different now. I guess they must have updated bounties in the April update?

Do 5K xp bounties still exist, you know the ones that would ask you to kill 10 ultras and such?

You get three 65xp rep and 3 50xp rep ones, and they give 2,500 or 3,500 i believe. Normally the 65xp ones are kill 50, kill 10 ultras and the planet explore one, the 50xp ones are normally kills with supers, generate odds etc

Trakan

They changed them in TTK. I don't even find them worth doing anymore. There are no 5000 xp/high rep bounties anymore, they're all bad. On top of that there's no NF bonus anymore so it feels even lower.

raindoc

If you have some runes, try court of oryx - you get lot of engrams that can help with getting your LL up.

Vendor gear is all 280 so you should buy some if you have enough marks. Marks are super easy to come by..

tbh, i have no idea how those runes/court of oryx work. i've got 8 reciprocal runes and one agonarch rune.

and I got enough marks to buy another armor-item. will do if nothing drops and I got a raid spot. (otherwise i'll save for a weapon)

If you're gonna try King's Fall NM, you better have a good high impact sniper rifle like Black Spindle or 1000 Yard Stare and a Machine Gun.

I got 1000 yard stare (296)

EDIT: 281 LL now. save me that spot please.

Wow, that cat emblem looks pretty sweet!

I've been stumbling around "end game" content, going from clearing quests, doing patrols, doing the daily quest, hitting the Court of Oryx and end game Exotics (ToM and the sword).

Should I even worry about ToM and the sword right now? Won't most of the exotics be "outdated" come Rise of Iron?

The ToM and The Sword are must haves...especially the sword. ideally, you'd want at least 2--Raze Lighter/BoltCaster is a good combo. They are useful in multiple scenarios.

noomi

You get three 65xp rep and 3 50xp rep ones, and they give 2,500 or 3,500 i believe. Normally the 65xp ones are kill 50, kill 10 ultras and the planet explore one, the 50xp ones are normally kills with supers, generate odds etc

They changed them in TTK. I don't even find them worth doing anymore. There are no 5000 xp/high rep bounties anymore, they're all bad. On top of that there's no NF bonus anymore so it feels even lower.

So much has changed....

This is going to take me a while now :/

Melchiah

Based on Destiny history, it is rather unlikely that exotic engrams would yield higher LL stuff. Then again, we don't know.

I am keeping a bunch of exotic engrams ready just in case new rank-up stuff gets added to the Cryptarch. The exotic engrams get you the most rank-up points, even when they translate to boring old stuff/shards.

Ok, I'll do the same from now on.

So much has changed....

Was discarding motes of light a thing when you last played? If not: discard motes of light to put XP into equipped gear (excluding subclass); easiest way to level weapons. Also, class items can give a bonus XP multiplier to one weapon type, and you can buy telemetries from the gunsmith.

HaRyu

Unconfirmed Member

We don't know if they'd decrypt into higher LL. Past history shows probably not.

The only reason you'd keep them is to help increase your Cryptarch Rep AFTER ROI hits, because in all likelyhood, the package he gives you on level up will be higher LL. If you're keeping anything, Legendary and Exotic Engrams are the way to go. Those give a higher Rep than the blue engrams.

noomi

Was discarding motes of light a thing when you last played? If not: discard motes of light to put XP into equipped gear (excluding subclass); easiest way to level weapons. Also, class items can give a bonus XP multiplier to one weapon type, and you can buy telemetries from the gunsmith.

Nope, I always horded them. I think I have close to 1,000 left.

Also have old raid mats from VoG, TDB and a ton of etheric light I assume I could transform into even more motes...

Also have old raid mats from VoG, TDB and a ton of etheric light I assume I could transform into even more motes...

Ether if light is only given to Petra for rep to get you Y2 class items and Y1 guns, so can hang onto it. Otherwise turn into motes.

I think it is something like 24/16/8 motes for primary/special/heavy, but that just might be for exotics and legendaries take a bit more.

HaRyu

Unconfirmed Member
So much has changed....

You'd only want to do bounties now either for XP to increase your subclass, Rep for Vendors/Factions, or the bonus items that drop as rewards when completing a bounty (not really the engrams, but mainly the Strange Coins and Motes, and occaisionally planetary materials).

Yeah, this is pretty much the way to level up weapons. Without any boosts from Class Items, takes about 10-25 Motes to max out a weapon from scratch (depending on what type).
Armor on the other hand, takes forever, and you're going to burn through Motes like crazy.

Dont go too crazy with the Motes though, you probably want to hoard those suckers for ROI, to increase your Rep with your Faction quickly.

glaurung

Ether if light is only given to Petra for rep to get you Y2 class items and Y1 guns, so can hang onto it. Otherwise turn into motes.

I think it is something like 24/16/8 motes for primary/special/heavy, but that just might be for exotics and legendaries take a bit more.
Use appropriate telemetries to speed up the process and waste less motes.

Geist-

Omg, I almost didn't get the Warpriest Challenge in time. I hate my procrastinating personality. Well, that's 48 calcified fragments, just 2 more and I'll be done with that.

At least the Hard Mode still only needed light level 310, I was 312 in a group of 335s. I thought maybe the mode got harder and I was going to be kicked out for being too low.

LiK

So I'm thinking about returning for Iron and I'm wondering if it's easy to level all the way back up for it. Haven't kept up with any of the changes so I'm betting most of my guns are obsolete now.

Deku Tree

So I'm thinking about returning for Iron and I'm wondering if it's easy to level all the way back up for it. Haven't kept up with any of the changes so I'm betting most of my guns are obsolete now.

Any gun from TTK forward can be "infused" up to maximum light level. The new light system allows you to get drops "up to 335". Every drop is 0-6 light above your current light level of your equipped gear. You can rank up factions to get up to 330 LL gear. You can do Raids, CoE, Trials, and Iron banner to get up to 335 gear. Honestly you very likely don't need to be anywhere close to 335 to start the Rise of Iron stuff.

It is easier than it has ever been to rank up your light level, but it is still not super quick.

Marvel

could never
Amazing OP.

Very easy! :D

Melchiah

We don't know if they'd decrypt into higher LL. Past history shows probably not.

The only reason you'd keep them is to help increase your Cryptarch Rep AFTER ROI hits, because in all likelyhood, the package he gives you on level up will be higher LL. If you're keeping anything, Legendary and Exotic Engrams are the way to go. Those give a higher Rep than the blue engrams.

That's a good point. Thanks.

noomi

Got it, so the main way to level weapons/armor is now to use motes of light and telemetries along with a subclass item that increases xp gain....

Jeez... seems like a lot of work to do that.

Honestly, why not just increase the amount of xp received when killing enemies with said weapon/armor

glaurung

Got it, so the main way to level weapons/armor is now to use motes of light and telemetries along with a subclass item that increases xp gain....

Jeez... seems like a lot of work to do that.

Honestly, why not just increase the amount of xp received when killing enemies with said weapon/armor
It's rather simple actually. People generally mote-level stuff when they need to rush things. You can still head into patrol and level your items that way. It'll just take longer. Bungie does not need to increase the experience yield - you get more than enough from bounties and tracker missions.

Top Bottom