• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT42| Embrace the Not-Knowing

Things that I think will happen in RoI:

Stormcaller nerf

Another pulse re-balance

Exotic that offers Sunsingers extra armour on res to survive res-sniping.

Sidearm buff

Auto rifle rebalance

So I think I know what happened in Mannys video. So Nightstalker has a perk called snare, I think, where you shoot a tether and it works like a trap where it doesn't activate until someone walks near it. So I'm thinking that guys teammate shot a tether, died, and the tether stayed.

Because if you look to the right, before he gets tethered, you can see a purple haze there already and there was no sign of the last guy alive shooting a tether. That is my theory.
Reposting for new page to see if I'm not the only one who sees this 👀

2real4tv

So I think I know what happened in Mannys video. So Nightstalker has a perk called snare, I think, where you shoot a tether and it works like a trap where it doesn't activate until someone walks near it. So I'm thinking that guys teammate shot a tether, died, and the tether stayed.

Because if you look to the right, before he gets tethered, you can see a purple haze there already and there was no sign of the last guy alive shooting a tether. That is my theory.
Yes your right he must of botched his tether b4 he died it was weird seeing in real time.

Things that I think will happen in RoI:

Stormcaller nerf

Another pulse re-balance

Exotic that offers Sunsingers extra armour on res to survive res-sniping.

Sidearm buff

Auto rifle rebalance
Stormcaller so are fine for he most part. That melee though....

The higher ROF pulses won't be touched, but the others probably will be.

Ram and max armor allow you to tank a res snipe already. Plus, res snipes aren't exactly easy.

Yes.

Yes.

deafmedal

Answering Chord with Hammer Forged, that was the easiest one for me besides Pulse Rifles. Scout Rifles weren't bad but most maps kept rolling tight quarters so a Scout Rifle was a bad choice.
I dug through my vault and found one with unflinching/PB/IM and was able to make some progress, thanks for the recommendation. Still not sure if I would use it in pvp seriously but this felt decent-ish :)
Doesn't help I'm doing it on 'lock, my least favorite pvp class.

thanks for the help everybody
Glad you got the kill, wasn't able to get it for hudson (not for lack of trying) but maybe tomorrow!

No matter, plenty of time to help folks with HM Oralyx but main focus each week should be CM stuffs. Wish I had more time to help folks especially since I need to get this crucible quest done myself, I reckon the week Oralyx pops for CM will be busy :)

Getting back into the groove again and getting hyped for ROI! Had a good time with everyone I ran with this weekend.

Stormcaller so are fine for he most part. That melee though....

The reason I think that is that looking at the Trials standings right now, like 6 of the top 10 are Storms. I dunno, they might leave them alone and let the players figure it out, counter with Voids, etc. But it seems like a likely candidate.

The higher ROF pulses won't be touched, but the others probably will be.

3 of the top 5 or so primaries are probably pulses right now. They might be okay with that, but I doubt it. The game is built around people needing new stuff to chase.

Ram and max armor allow you to tank a res snipe already. Plus, res snipes aren't exactly easy.

Sunsinger + ram makes me sad :(

And I'm not thinking about whether it's easy or even necessary, just that it seems like a gap that a new exotic could fill.

The reason I think that is that looking at the Trials standings right now, like 6 of the top 10 are Storms. I dunno, they might leave them alone and let the players figure it out, counter with Voids, etc. But it seems like a likely candidate.

3 of the top 5 or so primaries are probably pulses right now. They might be okay with that.

Sunsinger + ram makes me sad :(

And it's not about whether it's easy or even necessary, just that it seems like a gap that a new exotic could fill.
Just cause 6 of the top 10 are storm doesn't mean much. I would argue that Nightstalker is infinitely more powerful. A lot of the best streamers and players play NS. Hunters got nerfed cause good players liked them. Were they OP. Lol, no.

Please nerf UR before nerfing anything else. Top weapons being pulses is more of a, many other weapons suck, kind of situation than a, pulses are OP, kind of situation.

Chests already can get perks that give extra armor to certain elements of subclasses(all three to be exact), so it wouldn't be very exotic to make an armor piece give armor to one subclass.

+ obligatory Fusion Rifle nerf

giphy.gif

Day 3 of Moon Farming-

I don't know how long I've been here since I started farming for super moon helium filaments. I was given advice to kill with the hilt of my sword to power up my Solar Power(On the Moon), but that doesn't seem to be working. I don't know how much longer I'll be here, I need 9 more Super Moon Containers for my Sun Sword. Because it makes complete sense that you would power up your Sun Sword on the Moon. I've had a bit of the dirt for lunch. These are not moon pies. But this past week they've started to taste better than when I started farming a month ago.

+ obligatory Fusion Rifle nerf
No. No.

All specials atm are either balanced or underpowered, aka, a sidearm.

Snipers take skill(fight me, I don't care if a weapon has max AA, it still takes skill)

Shotguns take very good movement and positioning on the players end and it can be hard trying to close the gap on a player.

FRs get dominated at close range and dominated at long range thx to snipers and shotties. They are a very risk, reward type gun.

Sidearms need something. Although that burst sidearm they showed looked pretty nice.

Special weapons are fine for the most part. Snipers need their AA turned down. The real issue is that every primary has been nerfed between vanilla and now. Destiny shouldn't be a twitch shooter, but it's quite the stark contrast if you compare the game now to launch.

Chests already can get perks that give extra armor to certain elements of subclasses(all three to be exact), so it wouldn't be very exotic to make an armor piece give armor to one subclass.

Purifier Robes already kind of do this, blind enemies on res. So it's not like there's no precedent for something that situational.

Actually, Purifier Robes would be another good candidate for a buff now that I think about it. Everyone thinks the effect isn't strong enough & they're useless.

Day 3 of Moon Farming-

I don't know how long I've been here since I started farming for super moon helium filaments. I was given advice to kill with the hilt of my sword to power up my Solar Power(On the Moon), but that doesn't seem to be working.

Er...you know we meant the sword hilt thing for the guardian kills in PvP, right? Please tell me you're not floating around the Moon hitting everything with a sword hilt.

Kalamari

I could see them buffing the slow RoF pulses again, hopefully RoI will have a better slow RoF pulse than the Spare Change, what a piece of junk.

Purifier Robes already kind of do this, blind enemies on res. So it's not like there's no precedent for something that situational.

Actually, Purifier Robes would be another good candidate for a buff now that I think about it. Everyone thinks they're useless.

Er...you know we meant the sword hilt thing for the guardian kills in PvP, right? Please tell me you're not floating around the Moon hitting everything with a sword hilt.
Purifier Robes are actually fairly good, just veeeeeerrrry situational. Also, even if it did get buffed, self res and the class itself has been nerfed pretty hard and imo you're better off using the other two classes. But again, that is just my opinion.

Also, Breezy pls :p

LTWood12

Xplicit, Falifax, Wicked, Igor, and anyone else who did carries these last few days, you are what makes this community so amazing. I know y'all have got to be worn out, but man it's so fun seeing people get to Mercury that don't hardly ever go (or have never gone).

Was going nuts last night watching y'all run T, and y'all have just kept on rolling.

tumblr_ndth33LH5O1rn1ltio1_500.gif

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Xplicit, Falifax, Wicked, Igor, and anyone else who did carries these last few days, you are what makes this community so amazing. I know y'all have got to be worn out, but man it's so fun seeing people get to Mercury that don't hardly ever go (or have never gone).

Was going nuts last night watching y'all run T, and y'all have just kept on rolling.

tumblr_ndth33LH5O1rn1ltio1_500.gif
yes here here.

Dez_

Managed to get my second Imago Loop ever today. Sure shot, Spray and Play, Hand Loaded, and Luck in the Chamber. Not the best roll, but it's sure better than my last one at least.

MrDaravon

Awesome, got some help tonight and managed to get all 3 Exotic Sword quest knight kills done on the same run, did CoE for the first time and got a Soulstealer's Claw with pretty great rolls (not sure if I'll really use it but I have zero non-exotic AR's) and a Consumed Shell upgrade and a chest piece upgrade. Also got my first Y2 Radiant Dance Machines from a NF drop. Done to 3 Triumphs left and from 307 to 311 possible max light in a couple of hours :D

This fucking Crucible questline is going to be the end of me though, good god. Such a timesink.

Eusis

Decided to play again! Got to level 17 I believe on my main Warlock, and made an Exo titan... Who I immediately gave the level 25 item just to see how that'd work out.

Thanks Milkham and everybody for the Hard Mode King's Fall. My mind was blown by the Oryx Challenge method.

Way too late to organize a Trials fireteam for the Elimination quest, I'll just wait for Trials to run out then do that step. On weapons, I'm at the Scout Rifle step which means I'll soon be on HANDCANNON!!!!!!!

I'm reading BreezyLimbo's posts, I don't remember killing 200/2000 things. ;;>_>

milkham

Thanks Milkham and everybody for the Hard Mode King's Fall. My mind was blown by the Oryx Challenge method.

Way too late to organize a Trials fireteam for the Elimination quest, I'll just wait for Trials to run out then do that step. On weapons, I'm at the Scout Rifle step which means I'll soon be on HANDCANNON!!!!!!!

I'm reading BreezyLimbo's posts, I don't remember killing 200/2000 things. ;;>_>

thanks for coming, sometimes it can be so hard just to get a body in there.
i just realized something, are you that guy who was first in line and then did the banderas?

robo

Quick reminder.

I have the war priest hard challange mode checkpoint still.

This is the last day to get it done before the reset and possibly last chance before roi to get the 50 calcified fragments part of the mot completed.

Let me know if you need it.

Will be online from 16:00 UK time

I have my nipper that still needs it. So that's two of six players

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
It wasn't so bad, I got the infinite punching thingy for Sunbreaker, and punched my way to 100%.

Fun Fact: Wormspore is found on the Dreadnought. 'Wormspore' is a reference to 'Wormwood', which is associated with the dead.
If only i didnt know that by now. But i need something to search while pve queues for eternity.

Moments of Triumph left:
-Challenge Mode Calcified Fragments (Golgoroth, Oryx)

-King's Fall Raid Heroic

-Crucible Quest (9pts Elimination, then the last step The Mountaintop)

Meanwhile I still have exotic quest for The First Curse (Need 7 Precision Kills in Crucible match), No Time To Explain (Need the Eye of Atheon from VoG), and The Chaperone (on the Jolly Holiday portion of the quest) to complete.

Anyone up tonight that feels like helping with anything?

robo

You only need to kill oryx on hm. Not the whole raid, so if you get a cp it's over in 20 minutes.

Just need golgaroth on cm tomorrow and my Y2 mot is done!!

I can then go back to pve bounty heaven, farming exoctics 😁

Top Bottom