• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT42| Embrace the Not-Knowing

Got it, so the main way to level weapons/armor is now to use motes of light and telemetries along with a subclass item that increases xp gain....

Jeez... seems like a lot of work to do that.

Honestly, why not just increase the amount of xp received when killing enemies with said weapon/armor

I'd rather use motes to level up factions than on gear. I just leave my gear to level up naturally whilst I hand in bounties etc. Takes a while but gets it done.

void666

Banned
Yesterday oryx had his revenge for all the times we used the disconnect trick to kill crota.
So KF HM, last round. We detonate all 16 blights. One of the guys gets disconnected due to a power outage. Oryx glitches and takes no damage.

Luckily i was able to complete HM earlier and was just doing it again to help a friend. It's not so frustrating anymore when we fail.

On another subject i'm at the legendary marks cap and have no idea what to do with it.
What's worth purchasing right now? I'm not particularly in need of any kind of weapon.
I have a collection of hawksaws with different perks but all with perfect stability. Good pve and pvp sniper rifles. Maybe the new monarchy machine gun?

I think the minimum recommended LL for KF is 290 to do enough damage to the final bosses, but you still have some time to rank up fast, at least till 280 (then you can rank up even further with the initial drops you get in the raid). In any case, a more experienced guardian could tell you better

If you are able to do it, just let us know and I'll add you in

Yep, 7h 40min starting now, if you wanna join just add your name to the list :) (I think I already have you on PSN)

Cool, thank you glaurung. I put you on the list

King's Fall NM (PS4) 29/8 18:30 GMT
1. JJShadow77
2. Gulfwarvet
3. glaurung

Can I join the raid? I've never done it, but im 330 LL and Titan. I may have a mic, but I don't know if it work, I will hear what your saying anyway so :)

My psn is Markus851218.

spyder_ur

On another subject i'm at the legendary marks cap and have no idea what to do with it.
What's worth purchasing right now? I'm not particularly in need of any kind of weapon.
I have a collection of hawksaws with different perks but all with perfect stability. Good pve and pvp sniper rifles. Maybe the new monarchy machine gun?

I'm just staying maxed - maybe buying some mats here and there. Personally, I don't love any of the vendor weapons too much - I don't think any are must owns besides the original vendor Hung Jury.

I'm keeping a few 25 mark bounties around too. Goal is to be able to buy 3-4 pieces of gear on day 1 of ROI.

I'd rather use motes to level up factions than on gear. I just leave my gear to level up naturally whilst I hand in bounties etc. Takes a while but gets it done.

I will use bounties to start it, but at this point if I get a good roll of a gun to drop, I usually want to try it out right away. I don't bother dumping motes on armour alone. Levelling the factions doesn't really appeal to me for its own sake though.

We detonate all 16 blights. One of the guys gets disconnected due to a power outage. Oryx glitches and takes no damage.

Brand-holder shooting him while the bombs detonated?

JJShadow

tbh, i have no idea how those runes/court of oryx work. i've got 8 reciprocal runes and one agonarch rune.

and I got enough marks to buy another armor-item. will do if nothing drops and I got a raid spot. (otherwise i'll save for a weapon)

I got 1000 yard stare (296)

EDIT: 281 LL now. save me that spot please.

Nice! I think you should be find at 280 LL, but if you can make it to 285-290 before starting it would be awesome

I'll put you in

I'd join but I'm busy at that moment :(

Mmm what time are you free? I don't mind starting a little bit later (around 7pm or so), but I only have till 21:30 or so to play, so not much later

1. JJShadow77 (newbie)
2. Gulfwarvet
3. glaurung
4. raindoc (newbie)
5. Markus851218 (newbie)

A reddit user is interested in joining us, but I'd like to give priority to GAFers. Two spots still available!!

EDIT: derivative85 is in

void666

Banned
I'm just staying maxed - maybe buying some mats here and there. Personally, I don't love any of the vendor weapons too much - I don't think any are must owns besides the original vendor Hung Jury.

I'm keeping a few 25 mark bounties around too. Goal is to be able to buy 3-4 pieces of gear on day 1 of ROI.
Guess i'll just buy some mats then. I have plenty of each but spinmetal.

I will use bounties to start it, but at this point if I get a good roll of a gun to drop, I usually want to try it out right away. I don't bother dumping motes on armour alone. Levelling the factions doesn't really appeal to me for its own sake though.

Brand-holder shooting him while the bombs detonated?

Now that you mention... Damn. I think no one was shooting at his chest. We were so worried about the blights.

raindoc

Could someone join me for the last "taken war: mars" mission on phobos? i'd like to get it done quickly, need to go to the vet in ~1h.

LTWood12

Yesterday oryx had his revenge for all the times we used the disconnect trick to kill crota.
So KF HM, last round. We detonate all 16 blights. One of the guys gets disconnected due to a power outage. Oryx glitches and takes no damage.

Luckily i was able to complete HM earlier and was just doing it again to help a friend. It's not so frustrating anymore when we fail.

Oh man that is awful.

So as far as marks try and fill out your gear w/ things you're missing. Maybe look for some gauntlets that have a reloader perk for your primary/special of choice if you're missing that specifically on a character. Chest armor w/ a burn perk you might be missing (that makes a huge difference in nightfalls w/ burns), and boots w/ ammo perks you might need.

If you have a hunter, and haven't already purchased the strength of the pack cloak from the speaker, make sure and do that today. it'll be gone once reset hits, and it has a max stat roll (plus it looks totally boss). Actually, even if you DON'T have a hunter, buy it anyway just in case you decide to make one someday.

I am going to play as much as I can tonight to try and get an antiquated to kill Balwur.

I was doing CoO with randoms yesterday. Got a few Eris quests, have two stolen runes. Is it RNG to get antiquated? Do they drop from the raid/challenge mode?

Also gonna be looking to do CM Warpriest on ps4 tonight. If there are any guardians willing to help (I haven't done challenge mode yet) that would be awesome.

I know I'm super lttp to try and finish year 2 MoT but I gotsa try!

void666

Banned
Oh man that is awful.

So as far as marks try and fill out your gear w/ things you're missing. Maybe look for some gauntlets that have a reloader perk for your primary/special of choice if you're missing that specifically on a character. Chest armor w/ a burn perk you might be missing (that makes a huge difference in nightfalls w/ burns), and boots w/ ammo perks you might need.

If you have a hunter, and haven't already purchased the strength of the pack cloak from the speaker, make sure and do that today. it'll be gone once reset hits, and it has a max stat roll (plus it looks totally boss). Actually, even if you DON'T have a hunter, buy it anyway just in case you decide to make one someday.

Already did. I love that cloak. I still have the old one in my vault.
I'll take a look at the armors. But i think i'll just keep buying mats to stay below the cap.

stay gold

Rebought an XB1 to catch up on some games i've missed...which of course just ends up with me playing Destiny on my old account.

Forgot I had this little beauty trapped on there :(

Screenshot-Original.png

Probably gonna play RoI on both consoles though, so +1 to xbox dgaf.

todd360

Are we still working on the list today?

I'm so salty about yesterday. That would have been a really fun match if hours of effort wasn't on the line. Those hunters were great. I really should have saved that entire match. Maybe I can find it on my twitch or something.

TyrantII

I'm so salty about yesterday. That would have been a really fun match if hours of effort wasn't on the line. Those hunters were great. I really should have saved that entire match. Maybe I can find it on my twitch or something.

I'm around if there's a third that can play. I won't be around next week.

darknil

So DGAF, I really need help figuring out pulse rifles. I have good rolls on good weapons but can't shake the feeling that when I have a new one it feels better than the others for a day or 2, placebo effect in full.. effect.

I need to pick the best 3 from this list:
- Grasp of Malok (Truesight IS, Partial Refund, Perfect Balance, Feeding Frenzy)
- PDX-45 (SPO-28, Perfect Balance, Full Auto, Rifled Barrel)
- Nirwen's Mercy (Truesight IS, Outlaw, Braced Frame, Feeding Frenzy)
- Aegis of the Reef (Red dot-ores, Send It, Full Auto, Glass Half Full)
- Hawksaw (SPO-28, Fitted Stock, Counterbalance, Smallbore)
- Final Duty (OEG, Rangefinder, Braced Frame, Feeding Frenzy)
- Reflection Sum (Quickdraw IS, Army of One, Injection Mold, Hidden Hand)

So DGAF, I really need help figuring out pulse rifles. I have good rolls on good weapons but can't shake the feeling that when I have a new one it feels better than the others for a day or 2, placebo effect in full.. effect.

- Grasp of Malok (Truesight IS, Partial Refund, Perfect Balance, Feeding Frenzy)

These two stand out to me (AotF isn't too bad but someone on reddit did an extensive test on GHF and it's not as rewarding as people thought).

What does the RB on the PDX change?

Xeroblade

I am going to play as much as I can tonight to try and get an antiquated to kill Balwur.

I was doing CoO with randoms yesterday. Got a few Eris quests, have two stolen runes. Is it RNG to get antiquated? Do they drop from the raid/challenge mode?

Also gonna be looking to do CM Warpriest on ps4 tonight. If there are any guardians willing to help (I haven't done challenge mode yet) that would be awesome.

I know I'm super lttp to try and finish year 2 MoT but I gotsa try!

Yes it is, but you can get one for hitting rank 5 with Eris. Not sure if they drop anywhere else.

raindoc

Down and doubt handcannon or Not like the others scout rifle?
I'm a sucker for handcannons and this one comes with firefly, but what does DGAF say?

V1ctIm

Neo Member
Honestly, why the f do people play Control at all if they're not the least bit interested in capturing the points?? Maddening randos. Need 5 more Crucible wins for my DO exotic cloak but at this rate it'll take a while. :-/

stay gold

Darknil the Hawksaw is the best gun there. As far as Pulses go, until the meta changes in some way, the vendor Hawksaw is only beaten by a Perfect Balance/Counterbalance/Rifled Barrel PDX-45/Hawksaw, or a perfectly rolled Grasp (but only if you can hit all headshots with it).

LTWood12

- Nirwen's Mercy (Truesight IS, Outlaw, Braced Frame, Feeding Frenzy)
- Aegis of the Reef (Red dot-ores, Send It, Full Auto, Glass Half Full)
- Hawksaw (SPO-28, Fitted Stock, Counterbalance, Smallbore)
- Final Duty (OEG, Rangefinder, Braced Frame, Feeding Frenzy)
- Reflection Sum (Quickdraw IS, Army of One, Injection Mold, Hidden Hand)

The PDX and the Hawksaw are your two best in the current meta (which could very well change in a month). Your Nirwen's and Final Duty are very similar, but both very good rolls. I'd probably give the edge to Final Duty over Nirwen's just because having both outlaw and feeding frenzy on the Nirwen's is a bit redundant, but whatever feels best to you is what you should go with. I'd probably keep those 4 and scrap the others.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Got the first curse quest done yesterday. tried getting those headshots in two games and nearly threw my controller at my tv. thankfully Dez sat down infront of me and let me shoot him seven times to get this fucking thing done.

Between this and the last word quest, i am just about done with Destiny. And this coming from a guy who spent two weeks last year doing the crucible quest BEFORE it was modified to be a whole lot easier. i like challenge (i spent three months doing ridiculous challenges with every single gun in black ops 3) but this is bullshit. you shouldnt lose progress for deaths, let alone 2% for each death.

darknil

These two stand out to me (AotF isn't too bad but someone on reddit did an extensive test on GHF and it's not as rewarding as people thought).

What does the RB on the PDX change?
The alternative is Speed Reload

The PDX and the Hawksaw are your two best in the current meta (which could very well change in a month). Your Nirwen's and Final Duty are very similar, but both very good rolls. I'd probably give the edge to Final Duty over Nirwen's just because having both outlaw and feeding frenzy on the Nirwen's is a bit redundant, but whatever feels best to you is what you should go with. I'd probably keep those 4 and scrap the others.

Thanks for the analysis, I'm picking 3 so I can give one for each character so I'll go with those 3 but will keep weapons until patch notes fro RoI (specially a Spare Change to see if it's viable when they re-balance)

Axoman

Got the first curse quest done yesterday. tried getting those headshots in two games and nearly threw my controller at my tv. thankfully Dez sat down infront of me and let me shoot him seven times to get this fucking thing done.

Between this and the last word quest, i am just about done with Destiny. And this coming from a guy who spent two weeks last year doing the crucible quest BEFORE it was modified to be a whole lot easier. i like challenge (i spent three months doing ridiculous challenges with every single gun in black ops 3) but this is bullshit. you shouldnt lose progress for deaths, let alone 2% for each death.

The Chaperone quest is balls. When I initially got the quest, I tried on and off for a while and every time I'd get to 40-50%, I'd have a bad match and drop back down to 10-15%. I put it off for a month and picked it back up and ended up having 2 or 3 really good games in a row and finished it off. I think I went from 30% to 70% in one game and finished if off in the next.

Antiquated runes also drop during the KF raid.

because having both outlaw and feeding frenzy on the Nirwen's is a bit redundant

They do stack; saw a video on Guardian.Theater of someone murder me (and several on my team) with a Grasp with these two perks. Grasp is going to run out of bullets faster than Nirwan's though.

I'm in the same boat and have been just using marks to buy mats from the Vanguard quartermaster to load up for the expansion. Or perhaps there is a Y2 version of an exotic you don't have yet? You could spend 150 marks on that from the exotic blueprint kiosk.

LTWood12

Antiquated runes also drop during the KF raid.

They do stack; saw a video on Guardian.Theater of someone murder me (and several on my team) with a Grasp with these two perks. Grasp is going to run out of bullets faster than Nirwan's though.

Oh for sure. I just think i'd take the extra range over double reload perks. Either one is good though. (Nirwen's looks cooler, which might be the most important factor)

raindoc

Nice! I think you should be find at 280 LL, but if you can make it to 285-290 before starting it would be awesome

I'll put you in

1. JJShadow77 (newbie)
2. Gulfwarvet
3. glaurung
4. raindoc (newbie)
5. Markus851218 (newbie)

Cheers! 288 now.

EDIT: any good guide for the raid?

Yeah I was pretty upset after 2 entire cards lost to final bosses and the way we lost both, right at our fingertips.

Anyways, I took a break and came back so that felt good. We will work on more today!

So first thing I did today was go "Oh AWESOME, Trials is still up for the day!"

And then I went "Ah crap, they do the Iron Banner thing where gear matters" and I look at my 316 Warlock and go Hrm.

This late in the game, should I put my name down for that Trials list as well, I mean, is it even feasible?

Rahvar

Cooking dinner atm. But if a chance to join in Trials shows up in the coming 5 or so hours I'd jump at the oppertunity.

NeOak

1. JJShadow77 (newbie)
2. Gulfwarvet
3. glaurung
4. raindoc (newbie)
5. Markus851218 (newbie)

A reddit user is interested in joining us, but I'd like to give priority to GAFers. Two spots still available!!

EDIT: derivative85 is in

Crap, I missed this. I need to do the raids again to get the ToM on a friend's character

Cheers! 288 now.

EDIT: any good guide for the raid?

https://www.twitch.tv/neoak/v/85864854

This is the past broadcast of the newbie raid we did on Friday. You have to skip a bit because I started streaming when I was getting the Black Spindle for my friend.

And then I went "Ah crap, they do the Iron Banner thing where gear matters" and I look at my 316 Warlock and go Hrm.

This late in the game, should I put my name down for that Trials list as well, I mean, is it even feasible?

316? Work on getting as close as you can to 335 and then try next weekend.

316 should be fine in trials.

Rebought an XB1 to catch up on some games i've missed...which of course just ends up with me playing Destiny on my old account.

Forgot I had this little beauty trapped on there :(

Probably gonna play RoI on both consoles though, so +1 to xbox dgaf.

I'm so hoping the new DO orbit shotgun is as good as the Matador

TnK0Nil.gif

And they fix the annoying bug (or intention) that they randomly whiff

Top Bottom