• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT42| Embrace the Not-Knowing

You guys and gals getting twisted do realise that dozens and dozens of unexpected problems could be the cause of this, right?

All it takes is a little human error or oversight and even the best laid plans and preparations can go to hell.

We're an hour after launch, people, chill your grills.

what fun is that

neoism

destiny servers not available..... 😑

booted..

queue 271652

dear bungle
giphy.gif

It's 8pm where I am on launch day, it's a mess for sure.

it's not a "mess". it's a minor annoyance and a blip on the radar. people need to stop acting shocked when popular online games have issues immediately after launch. you should have known going in that there was a good chance of something like this happening.

Mengetsu

You guys and gals getting twisted do realise that dozens and dozens of unexpected problems could be the cause of this, right?

All it takes is a little human error or oversight and even the best laid plans and preparations can go to hell.

We're an hour after launch, people, chill your grills.
I'm taking this in good fun reading the reactions and jokes on here and reddit with my friend. Despite this issue I'm having a good time lol. I can feel for people who were ready for this as much or more than most. I can't let stuff like this make me mad. Shit happens.

Zakalwe

Banned
I'm taking this in good fun reading the reactions and jokes on here and reddit with my friend. Despite this issue I'm having a good time lol. I can feel for people who were ready for this as much or more than most. I can't let stuff like this make me mad. Shit happens.

Right!

I woke up at 9pm gmt, showered, made a pot of coffee, set up my snacks and beanbag and got comfy and now I'm sat here waiting with the rest of you.

It's fine, it happens, we'll all be playing soon enough and none of this will matter.

Zakalwe

Banned
The queue is a lie. As others have said, it's almost certainly there to keep the authentication servers from being hammered while they resolve the issue(s).

Ignore the numbers, we're very likely all sitting in the exact same positions.

Read what you wrote again.

Seriously, is there any point bickering about this?

Bradach

I hope you guys get in soon.

I had planned on lurking in this thread all afternoon so that I could live vicariously through you all until work is over.

Zakalwe

Banned
I couldn't agree more. It's beyond me why people are taking their side, and trying to belittle the issue.

Maybe some of us have been a part of game launches for a while now, or maybe some of us work in tech/online and understand that "shit happens" is a very legitimate phrase.

It's not a big deal at all, and there are dozens of reason why it could happen.

We all need to relax and wait it out patiently.

Top Bottom