• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT42| Embrace the Not-Knowing

KxoZz

down to 115621 from ~332000 in just 20 minutes, lots of people saying their in.
I have faith that this will be my last queue.

Melchiah

Dude you're taking this way to seriously.

1. It's been 2 hours and you're acting like they just stole RoI from you.

2. Yes, no other launches did his. Someone could have made a mistake. Maybe some new thing with RoI messed up the servers. You can't just assume they scaled down server capacity because I can't see any reason to do that when this game still has a very large player base.

You are really over reacting over this. You're acting like it will never work, ever. "I won't buy anything from them before I know it actually works as it should." And what difference does this make? You'll buy it eventually.

Again, it's been 2 hours. Calm down.

1. That's 2 hours more than it should.

2. Or they saved up on servers, and didn't prepare for the amount of players coming back, and wanting to try Destiny now, eventhough they must have had the sales numbers. If that's so, they saved up on the players' expense.

Melchiah

Good. Although I would look up the word fiasco to ensure you use it correctly in future.

Apparently, you're still not done with arguing, and want to have the last word, eh?

P9THFHD.jpg

Fits this situation perfectly, as no-one is able to actually use the product they've paid for.

Zakalwe

Banned
The Queue is a lie.

An hour or two and we'll all be in and this will be but a distant memory.

Apparently, you're still not done with arguing, and want to have the last word, eh?

P9THFHD.jpg

Fits this situation perfectly, as no-one is able to actually use the product they've paid for.

And apparently you're not a man of your word as you're still at it. I'm not the one who said I was "done" arguing. ;)

And no, some people are playing so "no-one" is simply not true.

And this is online gaming, I'm fairly certain if you read the small print it will tell you online gaming is subject to unexpected down time.

Nothing that's happening here is a "fiasco".

There were no issues like this during the previous Destiny launches. So, it's pretty obvious now, that they've scaled down on server capacity, and the result is this.

It's pretty obvious you don't understand much about enterprise network infrastructure, because there are a billion things other than "not enough servers" that would have caused this.

DCX

DCX
i thought pre loading was suppose to help this same exact situation? :/

Oh well, i gotta get ready for work i suppose.

DCX

Actually, there are a few people here that are playing at this very moment!

Seriously guys. Bungie is not perfect, quit making it out like any small mistake is the end of the world. Shit happens. Developers make mistakes.

We still have the entire rest of the day to get in and there's still a whole year until D2. I think you'll be able to play this soon.

Zakalwe

Banned
It's pretty obvious you don't understand much about enterprise network infrastructure, because there are a billion things other than "not enough servers" that would have caused this.

He's gone full hissy. There's no coming back from it, regardless of reasoning.

Seriously guys. Bungie is not perfect, quit making it out like any small mistake is the end of the world. Shit happens. Developers make mistakes.

We still have the entire rest of the day to get in and there's still a whole year until D2. I think you'll be able to play this soon.

Word.

P9THFHD.jpg

it's such a massive failure that everyone will immediately forget it the second it's fixed.

Agent

Bungie Help ‏@BungieHelp 2 minutes ago
We’re making progress in identifying issues that are preventing players from signing in to Destiny. Investigations continue. Please stand by

Do you realize people take off work for this? Wake up at 2am? It's unacceptable.
I do understand and I still say shit happens. People make mistakes and Bungie makes mistakes just as much as us. They're not like Blizzard, where they can pull this stuff out of nowhere and it works.

I'm not saying you shouldn't be upset. But it's still only been 2 hours. You still have the entire rest of the day to play this.

Whoyouare

I understand that shit happens but people are still allowed to be annoyed. This is the only time I can play, before work. After work is family time so it stinks that this happens.

Anyways it seems to be working now as others have said. The number is going down quite fast.

Gotta defend my friend, the big corporation.

Or maybe some people have a bigger perspective. I used to work in server backup support for EMC. I saw this happening to literally every Fortune 500 company in the world - Microsoft, Dell, IBM, the White House, NASA, everybody - multiple times a day. Enterprise infrastructure involves a number of moving parts and there's no magic wand that makes it all better, especially at 3am. It's likely not even something Bungie handles support for internally that's causing the roadblock, it's probably another company whose support center in Europe or India is managing things at this hour.

Melchiah

Sure, people make mistakes, but I'm puzzled how many here defend the corporation in a situation like this. Especially, when other game developers/publishers are blamed for less, like bugs at launch which don't actually prevent anyone from playing the game.

Zakalwe

Banned
Or maybe some people have a bigger perspective. I used to work in server backup support for EMC. I saw this happening to literally every Fortune 500 company multiple times a day. Enterprise infrastructure involves a number of moving parts and there's no magic wand that makes it all better, especially at 3am. It's likely not even something Bungie handles support for internally that's causing the roadblock, it's probably another company whose support center in Europe or India is managing things at this hour.

How much is Bungie paying you, Live?

Sure, people make mistakes, but I'm puzzled how many here defend the corporation in a situation like this. Especially, when other game developers/publishers are blamed for less, like bugs at launch which don't actually prevent anyone from playing the game.
Not defending bungie. This is just a hiccup though. Relax.

Top Bottom