• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT42| Embrace the Not-Knowing

Gotta defend my friend, the big corporation.
This is such an absurd comment. Yes, I support everything Bungie does! Cause I totally haven't been shitting on them for the way they've handled PvP, and UR, and primaries........but yes, I gotta defend them at all costs!
I understand that shit happens but people are still allowed to be annoyed. This is the only time I can play, before work. After work is family time so it stinks that this happens.

Anyways it seems to be working now as others have said. The number is going down quite fast.
I'm not saying you shouldn't be upset. Of course you should be upset.

I'm just saying you have to just give them time. They'll fix it and we will all be playing and odds are, most of us will completely forget this even happened.

GreyWind

My shield of Legends emblem is gone

Also the new pop up message is cool.

XFMQfdZ.png

GorillaJu

In the grand scheme of things if a 2 hour wait at 2am is all that happens, its really not the end of the world. The queue is moving fast now, I jumped from 200k to 30k in a couple minutes. Seems like we're ready to go :)

I don't really mind waiting since it's only 9pm here but if I leave it and go watch something it'll probably idle and throw me out eventually. Find this whole thing kinda funny tbh. Doesn't match up to the dreaded error 37 from Diablo 3 launch

Zakalwe

Banned
Sure, people make mistakes, but I'm puzzled how many here defend the corporation in a situation like this. Especially, when other game developers/publishers are blamed for less, like bugs at launch which don't actually prevent anyone from playing the game.

Again, you can't have been at many online launches. People who understand how these things work will always use rational ahead of emotional responses. We're not "defending the big corporations" as much as we understand online releases are prone to many, many issues.

Some can be planned for, some can't. All it takes is a little error for shit to cascade into a huge issue. There's no 100% way to protect against it, and this is pretty much proven by your own admission than Bungie have had almost perfect launches thus far.

Shit. Happens. Online.

This isn't a fiasco, this isn't some unprecedented failure, this is the reality of working on a huge scale online product.

SgtCobra

Got in and got greeted with a chicken error inmediately after entering the character screen. I'm done lol

Edit: I guess I'm not, INNNN

Top Bottom