• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT42| Embrace the Not-Knowing

MaKTaiL

How is the story guys? How many side quests are there after you finish the main Mission? I'll only be able to play later today :(

Bummed I wasn't able to finish my MoT last night. Needed that last Oryx fragment and a HM Oryx kill. Oh well, I got more done than I thought I would seeing as I hadn't played since before CM stuff dropped. The only problem now is I didn't get much sleep last night so I will probably barely play RoI tonight.

Are exotic engrams collected prior to launch decrypting new exotics and LL's?

Marvel

could never
5stVz3Z.jpg

I feel at Home lol

Zakalwe

Banned
Bummed I wasn't able to finish my MoT last night. Needed that last Oryx fragment and a HM Oryx kill. Oh well, I got more done than I thought I would seeing as I hadn't played since before CM stuff dropped. The only problem now is I didn't get much sleep last night so I will probably barely play RoI tonight.

Are exotic engrams collected prior to launch decrypting new exotics and LL's?

They are. :3

Number45

I still have some quests from TTK such as The Taken War quest line. Are these still worth doing or can I just abandon them?
You get a worthwhile weapon at the end of that quest line, so yeah I'd do it. Plus it's nice to have 100% quest completion on at least one character - that's what I've done on my titan and I just abandon stuff on my others that have no tangible benefit.

Zakalwe

Banned
I thought it was all questlines, now I have to pre order digital games? God damnit, my kid will be crushed. Anyone confirm there is no way to get the iron varients?

Sorry you missed it, but it was incredibly clear it was only a pre-order bonus.

It might still be available, sometimes there's a little grace period.

Nursezero

PS4 and ROI sitting in the theatre room, ready to go. Me? Sitting in the family room with the wife watching mind numbing television. Domestic bliss.

Worked all night taking care of patients and this will probably be the same out come, lol, i understand your pain.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
A whole new area and they give us recycled levels in missions again smh. Mission 4
dust palace strike backwards? Why...

Nighte

Anyone else not getting any way to purchase Rise of Iron when you look at the game through playstation store on PS4?

It says immediate payment required but no buy button at all...

I have the taken king already, and downloaded the latest update in hopes of that helping but no...

Ryuuga

Banned
Just a quick impression of on the faction weapons that I feel have potential.

VANGUARD QUARTERMASTER

Pulse Rifle:

(Parthian Shot)

SteadyHand IS
Rodeo
Perfect Balance/RifleBarrel
Headseeker

"Overall better base stats than Smite of Merain "

Scout Rifle:

(Angel's Advocate)

Ranged Lens RL5
Outlaw
Small Bore/Expl. Rds
Reactive Reload

"Slightly worse base stats than Hungjury but small bore and it's perks make it as good."

Hand Cannon:
(How Dare You)

Steadyhand IS
Mulligan/ICarus
HammerForged/Expl Rds
Luck in the Chamber

"Overall good base stats. Not as much impact or dmg perks as Hawkmoon but definitely a good legendary substitute"

Sidearm:

(Teacup Tempest)

Steadyhand IS
Zen MOment
Fitted Stock
Reactive Reload

"Some of the best base stats I've seen for a side arm..and the perks make it even better"

Shotgun:

(Occam's Razor)

Accurized Ballistics
Close&Personal/Knee Pads
Hammer Forged/Quick Draw
Final Round

"This literally screams 'Use me in PVP' "

Machine Gun:
(BoneKruscher)

Linear Compensator
Feeding Frenzy/SpraynPlay
Hand-laid Stock
Crowd Control

"High-impact low Stability machine which can be mediated with the compensator/stock. A decent Y3 substitute for previous Jolder users"
------------------------------

FWC:

Fusion Rifle:

(The Waiting)

Reflex
Accel COils/Hipfire
Stability/Knee Pads
Range Finder

"Good base charge rate and impact. Another weapon that begs to be used in PVP"

Scout Rifle:

(The Wounded) (Status: Lit)

MD-Reflex/Reflex/Ranged Lens RL5
High Cal Rds./ Quick Draw
Perfect Bal/ Outlaw
Zen Moment

"I could see this easily becoming a darling much like Hungjury did."

SideArm:

(The Wormwood)

Truesight IS/ Fastdraw IS
High Cal Rds/ Quickdraw
Hand Loaded/Zen Moment
Hidden Hand

"Overall great base and an amazing collection of perks. Should be called wormfood against those who go up against it"

Rocket Launcher:

(The Warpath)

Confined Lauch/Countermass
Flared Magwell/Snapshot
Heavy Payload
Tracking

"Decent Velocity, Great blast radius. Easily the best rocket launcher I've seen among the factions"

Other notable weapons I didn't write-up due to time constraints:

Crucible has a good sniper rifle called "Event Horizon"
Dead Orbit has a good Shotgun called "Last Ditch 001"
New Monarchy has a decent High ROF Machine Gun with the "Citizen IX" along with another fairly good sidearm

S1kkZ

Anyone else not getting any way to purchase Rise of Iron when you look at the game through playstation store on PS4?

It says immediate payment required but no buy button at all...

I have the taken king already, and downloaded the latest update in hopes of that helping but no...

same for me. since yesterday, there was no option to buy the complete collection and/or the upgrade in the german psn store. its still not available.

The Hobo

I finished the Rise of Iron quest line. Only five missions, and pretty easy overall. There are a few side quests to do now, but not sure how long those will be.

I like Felwinter Peak. Cool place to hang out.

KingV

Does something trigger the iron gallahorn package at the postmaster? I preordered using a best buy card (had credit) and theres nothing at the postmaster. Postmaster wasn't full beforehand.

This seems pretty weak compared to TTK in scope.

I kept my expectations low, assumed this would be a weak "expansion"

Still excited to get home from work though and play! I'm just hoping the raid delivers, pretty much the only reason i got back into this game. I refuse to skip out on raids.

Top Bottom