• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT42| Embrace the Not-Knowing

ryseing

So I wake up early, get a few story missions done (I'm onto the
Mars
one) and get ready to go to class. I find out when I arrive that class is cancelled.

>.>

The professor has a kid and I'm pretty sure he was wearing a Destiny shirt when he brought him in, so I can only guess where they are. I have class in 1.5 hours so there's no point in going home. Going to have to duck out of this thread before I get even more angry.

A little on the nose to have this come out during election season and have Saladin as the Obama-like protector of a dying ideal, a corrupted female he needs to rescue (?) all under the watch of a giant golden T?

Real subtle, Bungie. I like politics to stay out of my game experiences, THANKS.

/s? It's your basic technocratic plague story. Generic as can be.

Glad to hear.

Heh *cough*... sorry about that, I was up preparing for college and Weteha just seemed so excited!

I might hop on tonight to do some quests, Nico, if you're around at 6pm EST feel free to join me. I want to go for that Iron Lord gear set for the Warlock and Hunter.

I might join too. I might have some choice words though.

void666

Banned
So what is the deal with the iron Gjallahorn? Says it requires a year 3 Gjallahorn and won't let me equip it. Do you get a normal gjallahorn through the quest line or something?

The gjallarhorn you get from the post Master is cosmetic. Similar to spektar gear. You need a year 3 gjallarhorn for infusion.
You need to go through the quest to forge a year 3 gjallarhorn.

Strider

It gives basic level-appropriate gear, but it doesn't complete any storylines. Not even the main quest. Every mission is till marked as incomplete.

Thanks.

And fair enough considering some people will be brand new to the game... I was hoping the vanilla storyline would be completed tho. Oh well

what do we do if
we don't have that thing no more

While on patrol in the Plaguelands I killed something called a Hive Brood Mother, and she dropped a Splicer Intel Relay. It had instructions to head to the Breach and board the Ketch to kill a Servitor splicing the ship. Upon boarding it, I found the Pilot Servitor waiting for me, and I shot him dead. When I killed him, a chest in the back corner unlocked and gave me the schematic. I have a second one now while I'm still doing the quest. Not making this up.

TyrantII

Anyone else disappointed that Cosmodrome patrol doesn't bring winter to the map?

This is the last expansion. The changes in the story missions should be reflected in the PVE space!

Anyone else disappointed that Cosmodrome patrol doesn't bring winter to the map?

This is the last expansion. The changes in the story missions should be reflected in the PVE space!
I'm confused what do you mean winter to the map. The cosmodrome is full of snow. There two different cons odorless to choose from. You have to click the harder one.

Anyone do a second anomaly scan near the Archon Forge?

A friend and I did a second one after the one required for the quest and we got send back down. This time around we something else to start up called The First Mystery which required us to jump down into the SIVA containment thing. We had to recover a dead ghost and SIVA fragment int the room where the Iron Lords died and it gave us another step. It says Enemies Defeated but there are no enemies in this area and there's no way back out.

Any help? Is it nothing?

So the faction "chroma" packages...is it brand new chroma armor or the existing stuff like "spektar kallipolis helmet" etc?
For New Monarchy it was Spektar Kallipolis stuff.
That's great, thanks!

So I guess this part of the patch notes is inaccurate:
TTK Armor and Weapons have been removed from the Faction Packages and are replaced with new ROI Weapons and Armor

and while we're at it, so is this:
No longer rewards Vanguard Marks

So whats the general consensus on the expansion? Worth the 30$?

We won't really know until a week today. The raid unlocks this Friday and there are tons of quests and hidden secrets to find that are important to the experience.

One thing is definitely for sure, it is not the same scope and size as The Taken King.

After hours of engrams and infusion in the Tower, all my three toons are 353+ and I'm ready to start the first mission. :p

Edit: Scratch that, gonna get some food first.

Top Bottom