• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT42| Embrace the Not-Knowing

Strider

Idk... I'm back on and doing the main story but between what I've played, seen in-game and read on sites like here and reddit I'm getting exactly what I expected content wise. No complaints so far.

Also I need to remember not to infuse all my stuff just yet, I don't have a bunch of marks saved up like some and I wanna buy the new vendor stuff so need to save for now... Tough to remember tho since I usually just upgrade with no worries :p

Also took a peek at the record book and there's a lot of small (as you go) quests to work toward... I know I'm not planning on doing everything but I def would like to snag the shader and ship.

The expansion is basically TTK-Lite.

It is way more content than The Dark Below and House of Wolves but shy of what The Taken King was.

Im happy

Lets not forget the extended questlines, secret hidden quests, and live updates which are predicted to revamp old content (raids, strikes) as well as possibly add new quests and strikes

I think we will mostly be set for the time being

Certainly enough for me till Destiny 2 and if it dries up then I can finally play other games in my backlog

vctor182

Had a Crucible package waiting and turned out to be this:

nuhHRaj.jpg

Not bad at all!

HigXx

Hey anyone want to run tnrough the story missions in about half an hour? Just got home from work and ready to get stuck in to this expansion

Those story missions are so disappointing :(

Why are they so short and basic. TTK ones were way better.

Hopefully the strikes are good. I'm quite liking Archon Forge or whatever it's called

Where do you get the level 40 character boost? I didn't get a Spark of Light in the post, though I did get an emblem and both Iron Gjallarhorn/Gjallarwing. Am I missing something?

Ugh, just realized none of the Memory artifacts available this week are for Void classes. Why Bungie :(
Edit: scratch that, there's a secondary node that is class agnostic, but only works on Fallen enemies. Better than nothing I suppose!

mileS

I started to get worried by some of the posts here and elsewhere related to content or mission length. I haven't even seen all of the original game yet (only got to level 17 back at launch) picked up the collection yesterday so I have a lot of content to go through. Don't think I'll be disappointed considering I loved playing the vanilla game anyway. Only complaint I can remember is the constant " i have to upload something, protect me for 5min" quests lol

jacobs34

no need to shit post. guy is just voicing his impressions. people have different opinions

I didn't mean to sound like a dick. I love Destiny. It's probably my favorite game of this generation, and one of the best PVP games I've ever played. Saying all that I'm genuinely disappointed with what they've released in this expansion. The story missions are short and not all that interesting from a gameplay perspective. The addition of private matches feels like something that should have been added in awhile ago. The new gameplay mode in PVPis fine, but I don't think its going to be something that people are going to be clamoring for in the next couple of months. Again, the raid could be amazing, and for all the people that love this game for the raid I really hope it is.

However, I'm not one of those people and this expansion is not exactly inspiring me to to keep on playing for another year before Destiny 2 comes out. And that's fine, the folks at Bungie have made an amazing game here, and I'm sure that the majority of the team is hard at work making the follow up. Hopefully the team that is still working on RoI finds interesting things to add to this expansion that will make it enjoyable for PvP guys like me to keep jumping back in a couple of times a month.

I apologize if my post earlier seemed like some kind of drive by smack talk. It was not my intention.

Do you need to have purchased The Collection to get the level 40 boost, or do you also get the boost by purchasing Rise of Iron on it's own as I did (I already own vanilla, season pass and Taken King digitally, so that was my only way of buying it, really)?

Matt Frost

This is going well, three hours in, finished the short and dissapointing new story, got a dissapointing new exotic sword and am light 341... did the two new strikes and they are... interesting... the Sepis Prime was easier, even easier than the last version... and the other one was more interesting with the things lying on the floor like traps. Now to do the new missions. Dont have an opinion on it yet and still need to see the raid this friday

rdytoroll

Do you need to have purchased The Collection to get the level 40 boost, or do you also get the boost by purchasing Rise of Iron on it's own as I did (I already own vanilla, season pass and Taken King digitally, so that was my only way of buying it, really)?

I got the boost and I only preordered RoI

Strider

I started to get worried by some of the posts here and elsewhere related to content or mission length. I haven't even seen all of the original game yet (only got to level 17 back at launch) picked up the collection yesterday so I have a lot of content to go through. Don't think I'll be disappointed considering I loved playing the vanilla game anyway. Only complaint I can remember is the constant " i have to upload something, protect me for 5min" quests lol

The bolded gets wwaaaaaay better as you keep playing. TTK story/missions especially is wway more entertaining and fun than the vanilla.

But regardless of how the new content is $60 for the collection is great value and you have a lot to go through.

TheFlow

Banned
I didn't mean to sound like a dick. I love Destiny. It's probably my favorite game of this generation, and one of the best PVP games I've ever played. Saying all that I'm genuinely disappointed with what they've released in this expansion. The story missions are short and not all that interesting from a gameplay perspective. The addition of private matches feels like something that should have been added in awhile ago. The new gameplay mode in PVPis fine, but I don't think its going to be something that people are going to be clamoring for in the next couple of months. Again, the raid could be amazing, and for all the people that love this game for the raid I really hope it is.

However, I'm not one of those people and this expansion is not exactly inspiring me to to keep on playing for another year before Destiny 2 comes out. And that's fine, the folks at Bungie have made an amazing game here, and I'm sure that the majority of the team is hard at work making the follow up. Hopefully the team that is still working on RoI finds interesting things to add to this expansion that will make it enjoyable for PvP guys like me to keep jumping back in a couple of times a month.

I apologize if my post earlier seemed like some kind of drive by smack talk. It was not my intention.

you were fine, but I gotcha. Destiny is only improving, but I definitely think it is time for a Destiny 2.

Okay so I played through TTK story when it came out but never raided. Just jumped back in for this and my light level is low for the new missions. I scraped by the first mission but it's pretty clear I need to get my light higher. Quickest way to get my light from 267 to 290~?

noomi

Okay so I played through TTK story when it came out but never raided. Just jumped back in for this and my light level is low for the new missions. I scraped by the first mission but it's pretty clear I need to get my light higher. Quickest way to get my light from 267 to 290~?

Do older strikes and decrypt those engrams.

guybrushfreeman

Unconfirmed Member

You should be able to do any activity you like these days, just need blue engrams. Running a strike playlist is probably fastest though. Taken War strikes will be fine and should drop plenty of blues to level up with. When you decypt blues it's best to do them one at a time while your levelling up so you're always wearing your highest light gear possible. The light level of the item should always be an improvement on what you've got

soultron

Banned
Sepiks Perfected Strike was fun. Liked the tweaks to the environment and
the SIVA cores denying some of the old cheese spots.

We all appreciate your comments, we are adults around here. We want you to voice your opinions! it is a discussion after all.

I do think that you shouldnt look at this as THE content for the next 12 months. Bungie doesn't even do that. They want you to play for awhile, take a break and come back with events.

Top Bottom