• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT42| Embrace the Not-Knowing

Zakalwe

Banned
Not had chance yet as just finished work.
But what DLC would you compare it too? As in quality wise.

It sitting somewhere between TTK and the earlier DLCs.

It's definitely worth the money, imo. The story missions might be short, but there are tonnes of extra quests to complete afterwards.

The new patrol area is really good, lots of interesting vertical spaces, plus it looks gorgeous.

Then we have The Raid incoming, the new pvp content, the new arena, etc...

IMO, it's a very good DLC. We were just spoiled a little with TTK (which was also more expensive, to be fair).

How long does it take to get up there?

A single run without falling will take you 5-10 minutes. There are a few jumps that are stupid (ie: they've been designed on purpose to be awkward as fuck, and force you to trial and error them), and the game randomly decides to respawn you at different areas (sometimes close to where you fell, sometimes right at the start).

It's not that bad though, just take your time.

It sitting somewhere between TTK and the earlier DLCs.

It's definitely worth the money, imo. The story missions might be short, but there are tonnes of extra quests to complete afterwards.

The new patrol area is really good, lots of interesting vertical spaces, plus it looks gorgeous.

Then we have The Raid incoming, the new pvp content, the new arena, etc...

IMO, it's a very good DLC. We were just spoiled a little with TTK (which was also more expensive, to be fair).

A single run without falling will take you 5-10 minutes. There are a few jumps that are stupid (ie: they've been designed on purpose to be awkward as fuck, and force you to trial and error them), and the game randomly decides to respawn you at different areas (sometimes close to where you fell, sometimes right at the start).

It's not that bad though, just take your time.
Ta. I was not expecting TKK quality but was hoping.

Pilgor

I took the day off today to play. I played for 30 minutes, realized that I was doing the same thing I've already spent 1000000 hours doing, and decided to go into work instead, haha. I need to spend more time with it tonight so I can do the raid this weekend. Is the goal 350 for the raid?

We should get the vanilla group back together.

Asking again for new page:

So, I still have all of my year 1 armor and weapon exotics. Should I break them all down to get the blueprints or whatever, or is there any reason to keep them as is? I'm still kind of unsure about how this works.

SheHateMe

So yeah, I'm piggybacking off of darthbob and giving away my discount code for the Bungie Year 2 T-Shirt. I'm not going to use it, and I figure someone who couldn't finish the Year 2 Triumphs but really wanted one can benefit.

Good luck to those that enter!

ModBot said:
Instructions for SheHateMe:

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Discount key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (SheHateMe, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current DGAF thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

gxXVQrt.png

Destiny Moments Of Triumph Shirt Discount Code -- MB-E623276B329AB7CA - Taken by electroflame. 7 entrants total.

t1474484575z1.png

Zakalwe

Banned
The Khostov is a ridiculously fun weapon. I love how it can be spec'd for a variety of purposes. It's pretty much an auto rifle/pulse rifle/scout rifle depending on how you set the perks up.

Not sure how it will handle in pvp, but it's a lot of fun in pve.

Ta. I was not expecting TKK quality but was hoping.

Tbh, it's only a matter of quantity. The quality of the actual content so far is easily as good as TTK, imo.

Great patrol area, fun missions, beautiful visuals, etc... and we've known there'd be less actual content for a while now.

As others have speculated, perhaps Bungie will be following this release up with consistent events and added smaller pieces of content as the year progresses, there may not be enough raw content here to keep us going for the entirety of Y3, but it's a very good foundation.

Hmm mixed reactions so far, looks like I'll be waiting on destiny 2 or if there is sale on this dlc.

Honestly, if you liked previous Destiny content then £30 is a very fair price for what you're getting here. The quality of the content is Destiny at its best, whatever that means to you.

The quantity is very fair if you'll be making the most of all the co-op modes (raid included) and the pvp.

Eilt

Neo Member
Welcome back gaurdians!

Can't wait to be raiding again. I am living vicariously through you guys until I am home tonight, so thanks for sharing.

Quantum

Just finished the ROI Story - I really liked it.

The final chapter was fantastic.

Ofc I wish it was longer, but as an early player (vanilla on ps4) then late adopter TTK on xbox one I'm ready for a new grind.

I really was terrible at the kings fall raid - although only completed it twice - I always felt a little lttp.

looking forward to learning a new raid at the same time as everyone else.

Zakalwe

Banned
yeah its a bit sad that its this short. not impressed.

I hope there is a lot of secret stuff to be found out. The raid needs to be very good !

The actual missions are just a small part of the content, there's quite a bit to do after they're completed before you even consider the raid.

Top Bottom