• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT42| Embrace the Not-Knowing

zoodoo

I bought TTK not long ago, finished the story and still collecting stuff. Still havent completed a Raid.
LL 313.

Can i just keeping collecting exotics, playing crucible and not worry about ROI for now?
Or is it pointless as ROI render them obsolete.

I am loaded at work and can only afford ~1h of playtime a day.

N.B. I plan on getting ROI in a few weeks though.

GiantBombGamer and zoodoo (and anyone else who haven't raided TTK yet), would you guys be interested in doing a "virgin"/spoiler free TTK raid at some point soon? I only recently got TTK and really get enjoyment out of completing Raids with a group who hasn't beaten it before (since I also haven't beaten it yet). If you guys are interested (and on PSN), let me know here and/or my PSN is: Leonidas2123

zoodoo

GiantBombGamer and zoodoo (and anyone else who haven't raided TTK yet), would you guys be interested in doing a "virgin"/spoiler free TTK raid at some point soon? I only recently got TTK and really get enjoyment out of completing Raids with a group who hasn't beaten it before (since I also haven't beaten it yet). If you guys are interested (and on PSN), let me know here and/or my PSN is: Leonidas2123

Xbox :(
Sucks to be a minority

SgtCobra

Haven't tried it but tbh I'd expect it to be the best game mode now... That type of mode which encourages movement constantly should be really great for crucible.
Yeah it's awesome, it's perhaps the best objective based mode atm

Anyone gotten any of the new exotic weapons yet? Curious about the primaries. Dat Khovstov.
I got the exotic Khvostov, it's a fun PvE weapon that is very customizable but it seems like using the semi-auto mode puts you in a major disadvantage in PvP.
The 900 RPM perk is nice but there are better alternatives.
It's a jack of all trades but master of none.

darthbob

New Page, New Day, New Expansion. :D

I am giving away a single Destiny Union of Light PAX 2016 Emblem Code.

Cr64cGSUkAArt5m.jpg

1HY6moz.png

To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This is a giveaway for the thread url: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1270014.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (darthbob, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both fewer than five posts in this thread--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Destiny Union of Light Emblem -- MB-2A431BF453DBC3D2 - Taken by soultron. 129 entrants total.

t1474403974z1.png

Zakalwe

Banned
If anyone's interested in completing the Khostov Exotic quest, here's a quick write up. Spoilers obviously if you want to discover this yourself.

--

STEP ONE

Either dismantle one of the Khostov's you have saved in your vault to obtain the KHOSTOV 7G SCHEMATIC

or

• Head to the Plaguelands Patrol
  • Hunt for a Hive Wizard called a Broodmother. Kill it and it will drop you a Relay Key (you need this to gain access to the starting area).
  • Follow this video until you reach Rocket Yard.
  • Once at Rocket Yard, head to The Divide
  • Once you reach The Divide, head through the tunnels that lead back to the area at the very start of the game (facing from Rocket Yard, this is to the left).
  • Head through this area, all the way, until you reach the place your ghost revived you at the very start of Destiny.
  • IN the background you'll see a Ketch (Fallen ship), board this and kill everything on board. There's a chest in the back right that contains the SCHEMATIC

-

Go and talk to Shiro-4 at Felwinter Peak. He'll activate the quest and tell you to collect:
10 manual pages
3 weapon parts

-

STEP TWO

This part's simple, go to Plaguelands Patrol and kill things until you get 10 manual pages. They drop like regular beacon patrol quests.

-

STEP THREE

• Head to The Divide like you did in STEP ONE.
  • First, turn right and head through the tunnel that leads to the Devil's Layer strike.
  • The area has been updated visually, don't let it throw you. Keep going.
  • As you progress, about half way to the tank area, you'll see a Triangle Marker appear. This is the first Weapon Part.
  • Keep going until you reach the area where the tank spawns in the Devil's Layer strike.
  • the second Weapon Part is just to the left of the middle building. Hunt around, you'll see a Triangle Marker appear when you're close.
  • Head back to The Divide
  • This time take the tunnel that would lead you back to the Earth Patrol Spawn
  • In the chamber where you found your very first ship (about half way through the tunnel), you'll come across a bunch of Fallen. Kill them, and you'll notice a Triangle Marker appear at the back of the room.
  • Head toward it, the final Weapon Part is underneath the staircase.

-

Jump back to Felwinter Peak to unlock the story mission: A Khostov Rising

From here it's easy.

I just got rank 25 of new monarchy and got the quest but the kills are not being tracked i'm preety sure my emblem, shader and class armor are from new monarchy, help?

Currently wearing;

Cleopatra ak
High Command mark
Badge of monarchy

jacobs34

We all appreciate your comments, we are adults around here. We want you to voice your opinions! it is a discussion after all.

I do think that you shouldnt look at this as THE content for the next 12 months. Bungie doesn't even do that. They want you to play for awhile, take a break and come back with events.

Oh for sure. I can't wait to see what they do with Iron Banners. Plus, to be clear, it's still the best PVP game of this gen (by far) and I'll probably dump another couple hundred hours into it.

Ramirez

Can someone explain to me how I can buy this on the Xbox One? It says only available in the collection bundle which is $60. I preordered from GameStop and the code only gave me a $30 money credit, on PS4 the code was the actual game, what the hell?

I didn't even know this shit wasn't getting a physical release until I went in there today, lol.

Appreciate the invite, but Destiny is on my Xbone:-(

SheHateMe

This will probably be overlooked, but I wanted to offer my opinion on the matter of the "short" story.

While the main story missions were over quickly, that's just the beginning. I think the story is going to spread out over hidden missions, strikes, and the raid. I looked at the story missions as the prologue of the virus; something to get you up to speed on what exactly you'll be facing this year.

I enjoyed it. It was a very well done and delicious Hors d'oeuvre and let's be honest: the real meal is the strikes, raid, and PVP.

It's got my mouth watering and I can't wait to dig in and do more.

P.S.
FUCK TRYING TO CLIMB FELWINTER'S PEAK. SPENT 45 MINUTES TRYING TO GET UP THAT MOUNTAIN, ONLY TO FALL ALLLLLLLL THE WAY BACK DOWN RIGHT BEFORE I HIT THE TOP. i'll be back tonight after work to climb it ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Can someone explain to me how I can buy this on the Xbox One? It says only available in the collection bundle which is $60. I preordered from GameStop and the code only gave me a $30 money credit, on PS4 the code was the actual game, what the hell?

I didn't even know this shit wasn't getting a physical release until I went in there today, lol.
Assuming you have TTK already, I just searched rise of iron on the store (from my phone). Two choices popped up, the second one let me purchase @ $30. This was last night though and technically was a pre-order, so things might be different now.

X-Frame

I just got rank 25 of new monarchy and got the quest but the kills are not being tracked i'm preety sure my emblem, shader and class armor are from new monarchy, help?

Currently wearing;

Cleopatra ak
High Command mark
Badge of monarchy

I think there was a bug last time where the newest class items didn't count for the quest. They quickly fixed it but it only worked with the older class items.

I'm guess your class item is a brand new one? Have any old ones by any chance?

Zocano

This will probably be overlooked, but I wanted to offer my opinion on the matter of the "short" story.

While the main story missions were over quickly, that's just the beginning. I think the story is going to spread out over hidden missions, strikes, and the raid. I looked at the story missions as the prologue of the virus; something to get you up to speed on what exactly you'll be facing this year.

The raids have always been the final "tie" to the storylines for each content drop. So, yah.

So, I still have all of my year 1 armor and weapon exotics. Should I break them all down to get the blueprints or whatever, or is there any reason to keep them as is? I'm still kind of unsure about how this works.

soultron

Banned

I enjoyed it. It was a very well done and delicious Hors d'oeuvre and let's be honest: the real meal is the strikes, raid, and PVP.

It's got my mouth watering and I can wait to dig in and do more.

This is the way I'm looking at it too. The missions and Strike I've played thus far have all been great. I've not even gotten around to decryping any of my Legendaries or Exotics yet, and I'm sure that will freshen the experience once I do. I'm simply waiting to hit LL cap (+5-10) before decrypting those ones.

Deku Tree

I got to 348 by dismantling all the junk in my vault and buying 350 gear.

I still have a 340 artifact. :(.

Anyone know how to get that 350 artifact in the new social space?

vid

So I'm just catching up on the server issues this morning... were this really that bad? I was online and playing an hour before the Rise of Iron launch and rolled straight into the new content with no issues besides the occasional "Reconnecting to Server" message at the bottom.

Granted, I didn't play too long, only spent about forty-five minutes knocking out the first two story missions and talking with all of the new NPCs, so maybe I missed the big crush?

iiicon

I never got around to playing the raid while I was still invested in TTK last year, so I'd be down. My PSN is TIconOA. Feel free to add me.

I think there was a bug last time where the newest class items didn't count for the quest. They quickly fixed it but it only worked with the older class items.

I'm guess your class item is a brand new one? Have any old ones by any chance?

Nah, just checked my armory..._looks like i'll just have to wait :(

While i'm at this...How can i use my iron gally? Says it requires y3 gally...

Zakalwe

Banned
The FP climb, I swear, is Bungie trolling the community. Hard.

There's no way they designed this without the sole intention of infuriating the player base.

The jumping mechanics for jump puzzles in the raid areas are bad enough /with/ access to your jump abilities, without them along with the shoddy hit detection and crazy physics involved in Destiny's ledges you have the precise recipie for rage.

PS - I made it to the top, after half an hour of swearing to myself. First time I almost made it I was disconnected by a server error, but I persevered.

I spent another half an hour at the top simply because I felt like I had to make the fucking most of it. Lovely view though, Bungie really does know how to sky box.

Ambitious

Light level progression is going extremely slow for me. Pretty much all of the loot I get is just one point above my current level. I've played for about four to five hours now and just made it to 329.

noomi

So guardians have already finished up the gjally and khostov quests... that was really fast you guys.

people already working on the thorn quest too....

guybrushfreeman

Unconfirmed Member
Archon's Forge seems interesting but seems to fail at some of the things CoO was good at. It blocks entry after you start so it's not very good for the drop in drop out style and it's not super accessible while just out on patrol. Seems more like PoE light rather than CoO which is kind of a shame. I guess we'll see what happens over the next few days but at the moment it seems more for pre-made groups than the more causal style that I felt made CoO sucessful

Farside

Unconfirmed Member
Goddamn is Felwinter Peak amazing. Finally got my LL up to 281 in time for the 290 mission. I am getting my ass kicked by those waves of fallen infected. lol

I freaking love this game.

CLBridges

Seeing good impressions of the DLC so far. I'll probably be back some time next week and be lagging behind everyone again. Can't wait to see what are the opinions on the raid when it becomes available.

shermas

Jumping to the top of the peak was ridiculous. Killing Oryx, sure. Getting past the black garden, sure. Taking down Crota, whatever.

Jumping like a bouncy ball all over the mountaintops = many, many deaths.

Ramirez

Assuming you have TTK already, I just searched rise of iron on the store (from my phone). Two choices popped up, the second one let me purchase @ $30. This was last night though and technically was a pre-order, so things might be different now.

Well the base game is updating right now, maybe the store doesn't recognize I have the past games. Guess we'll find out once it's done. -_-

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I took the day off today to play. I played for 30 minutes, realized that I was doing the same thing I've already spent 1000000 hours doing, and decided to go into work instead, haha. I need to spend more time with it tonight so I can do the raid this weekend. Is the goal 350 for the raid?

Top Bottom