• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT42| Embrace the Not-Knowing

darthbob

This is the way I'm looking at it too. The missions and Strike I've played thus far have all been great. I've not even gotten around to decryping any of my Legendaries or Exotics yet, and I'm sure that will freshen the experience once I do. I'm simply waiting to hit LL cap (+5-10) before decrypting those ones.

Congratulations Soultron! You've won a Union of Light emblem!

CrZkdQzUsAARzYW.jpg

Please check your PMs for the code. :D

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I want to know what everybody is infusing up first.

Hung Jury, Saint helm, Exotic swords, one of my longbow all get priority right now.

void666

Banned
Sure was lame :D "you get to craft your own Gjallarhorn" -by waiting for the ghost like always and defending against 3 waves of enemies.

What? Did you want to craft it yourself while the ghost defended you? You're a madman.

It's a simple mission. But it's intense and the combat is great. I enjoyed that mission.

I hope Bungie has fixed or replaced their tools.

If the reports are to be believed, they started working on this over a year ago, if only 5 missions are all they've been able to conjure, then it is really worrying.

Hopefully, Destiny 2 will expand the framework now that last gen has been dropped.
Umm you do realize most of Bungie was not even working on this DLC right? Almost everyone is working on Destiny 2.

If the reports are to be believed, they started working on this over a year ago, if only 5 missions are all they've been able to conjure, then it is really worrying.

Hopefully, Destiny 2 will expand the framework now that last gen has been dropped.

Destiny 2 was delayed in January. This is what they could make in 6-7 months.

Zocano

350 bruh, mostly by spending legendary marks. I think the grind past 350 is what's gonna be slow. Gotta use legendary engrams and 50% of the time they are not gonna help you lol.

Spent most of my marks on continuous infusions. Slowly grinding through heroic strikes.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Should I spend my Legendary marks right away at a vendor when I boot up the game, or wait until I level up my light level a bit first? I'm already sitting at 200 marks, so seems like I should spend before I start the story which will gain more.

Dont' do what I did and buy a weapon engram from the vendor by mistake. Oops, 125 marks wasted.

EL CUCO

Are many Ghosts dropping? Thinking about making that my first purchase. I remember how hard it was to get a Ghost with decent LL at the start of TTK.

FyreWulff

This isn't going to be it for the entire year.

Hopscotch roll possibilities are here.

Here are the 3 non-scope perk columns:

pPooqew.png

Outlaw, Hidden Hand, Reactive Reload are all unavailable.

Full-auto is an interesting addition to the perk possibilities.

Also, remember that Hopscotch was nerfed to the mid-ROF archetype, like Nirwin's. It's a solid gun, but not the monster it was in Year 1.

So, what's everyone thinking? Still waiting on my review code, if it doesn't come I might just cave and buy it. I thought it cost €40 for some reason.

Fucking best buy. Bought Rise of Iron from them, they emailed me two codes for the fucking gjallarhorn and no game code. On hold with support now. I have the feeling this is going to be a bitch.

Deku Tree

Exotics go up to 385 Light but like with anything only goes up to max +6 LL above your own LL

And the patch notes make it sound like they made the LL system for legendary engrams from 350-365 worse than the system they had from the april update. The patch notes said that you will only get something that helps raise your light level 50% of the time.

Spoiler for very end of the Khostov quest

What a nice little moment with the ghost, sure the dialogue is a little corny but it's a good character expansion and at least makes the game have some heart. I really hope Destiny 2 can expand this kind of stuff, RoI and TTK show that having coherent narrative unlike Vanilla is good but they are still reaaaally generic stories overall, which is a shame cause the world of Destiny (THE LORE) is pretty great

Exotics go up to 385 Light but like with anything only goes up to max +6 LL above your own LL
Pretty sure +6 either got removed or is bugged because there are reports of people getting rewards that are lower than their LL or never more than 1 or 2 higher. ):

gspec

And the patch notes make it sound like they made the LL system for legendary engrams from 350-365 worse than the system they had from the april update. The patch notes said that you will only get something that helps raise your light level 50% of the time.

Yeah, it looks like it they want a slow grind until Destiny 2.

BashNasty

Asked this last night, but it quickly got buried when the servers had issues, so I wanna give it another go:

With most PS4 games, you're able to buy 1 copy and are still able to have 2 players playing that copy simultaneously, this is how my brother and I do PS4 games, we trade off purchases.

Is this possible with Rise of Iron? So far it seems like it's not, but I want to be sure before I plop down the cash to play.

gspec

Asked this last night, but it quickly got buried when the servers had issues, so I wanna give it another go:

With most PS4 games, you're able to buy 1 copy and are still able to have 2 players playing that copy simultaneously, this is how my brother and I do PS4 games, we trade off purchases.

Is this possible with Rise of Iron? So far it seems like it's not, but I want to be sure before I plop down the cash to play.

Were you able to do this with destiny in the past? If not then probably no.

Top Bottom