• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT42| Embrace the Not-Knowing

gspec

Pretty sure +6 either got removed or is bugged because there are reports of people getting rewards that are lower than their LL or never more than 1 or 2 higher. ):

This morning I got an Exotic engram to decrypted to 342 LL when I was 338. Which +4 light levels above. I also got a blue 340 when I was 335.

NkJM6z.gif

Trakan

Did they turn the new Hopscotch Pilgrim into the Nirwen's Mercy archetype?

They did, back when TTK launched.

Is anyone above LL ~351? Since legendary engrams seem bugged at the moment, are your only options exotics, faction packages, and strike chest loot?

Anyone know the best place to find siva offerings for archon's forge or is it just completely random?

Xeyark

Unconfirmed Member
8 Minutes left of work before I can go home and get back in! Played the first couple of missions this morning before work and I've been anxiously waiting for the clock to move!

gspec

Is anyone above LL ~351? Since legendary engrams seem bugged at the moment, are your only options exotics, faction packages, and strike chest loot?

Anyone know the best place to find siva offerings for archon's forge or is it just completely random?

I got one in during a story mission running and killing a random fallen through a patrol area in the plaguelands. I don't think it was a story treasure.

Deku Tree

what is this about legendary engrams being bugged?

I got two exotics from legendary engrams today including this new one

EDIT: oh this: Exotic engrams sound like they are bugged too lol.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyThe...gendarys_engrams_seem_to_be_bugged_atm_at_ll/

RIP a 360 LL raid on Friday.

Farside

Unconfirmed Member
What was your method of raising your light level, if you don't mind me asking?

Played the first RoI quest as you can beat it with infinite respawns, then hit uncleared TTK quests, and did the Crucible weeklies for Legendary Marks.

I want this one again

32eizUm.png

I'm surprised that most of the people that wanted a Y2 Hopscotch didn't grab The Villainy from Future War Cult when it was available. It's a beautiful gun and it's virtually identical to the HP. In fact, my specific roll is pretty close to the one you posted.

NzeyVDe.png

Also, I'm not supposed to be here. I haven't see much in the way of spoilers, though. So, I guess that's OK.

NastyBook

4 hours and 13 min for me, gonna be crawling down I-5N on my drive home, but I have the next 4 days off so that's nice :)
I got vacay coming up after my b-day this Sunday, so I'm gonna have plenty of time to get intimate with this bad boy. Just probably looking to go ahead and get my LL up as much as possible tonight on my Titan to run at least one Raid before reset. Gotta work this weekend.

I am sure these questions roll through often, but I have nowhere else to ask...

I have been interested in Destiny for quite some time, but I have never once enjoyed any sort of MMO. Is there a chance that I will like Destiny? What sets it apart from so many other games? Do I need to sink an enormous amount of hours into it in order to enjoy it?

I guess I am looking for a reason to finally bite the bullet. I know there's a new expansion and it seems that with each update, the game gets better. Is now the time? What do I do, DestinyGAF?!

Not that impressed with RoI so far, while its fun enough and the shooting mechanics are still great, its far far far below Taken King in story, scope, and wow factor. Unless the raid is absolutely amazing I can already see myself stopping in 3-4 weeks, even faster than TTK.

I'd say its worth $30 if you sunk a ton of hours into Destiny and enjoyed it, but the framework around the grind is pretty thin this time around.

Its pretty easy to level up, you basically get almost a full set of blue 320 items for doing the story quests and then you just grind strikes and engrams to lower your favorite gear up to 350. Rinse and repeat with the raid, then the hard mode raid after that I assume.

Dante316

Damm u all and ur positive impressions lol, doesn't seem as mixed as before...I might end up buying lol

And yes I just bought it lol, I'm back to :)

So everyone who has been playing RoI: what is your current light level?

I'm 345 but haven't bought any gear yet.

Edit: 346 now, just used my first Skeleton Key on the Archon Priest and got a Taken Stolen Will Shotgun...infusion fodder. Heroics are no joke at this LL especially with Arc Burn.

I'd like to start a new character. Can I still get weapons like Black Spindle and other TTK exotics if I start fresh?

Yes, make a new character then vault everything/transfer to your new one, use the lvl40 spark of light and you're done

Be warned though the subclass grind is real

Dead

well not really...yet
Looks like you still get the Iron Gjallarhorn and Gjallarwing even if you dont preorder?

Got them all on PS4 even though I bought RoI today. However I didnt get the level 40 boost.

Top Bottom