• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT42| Embrace the Not-Knowing

First mission done. So uninspired I can't take it. The writing is on a whole new level of embarassiing. I really enjoyed The Taken King, even with its cheese, at least its locations and enemies were visually interesting. So far this feels like It was made by Bungie's c-team. Should I keep going?
You're gonna have a hard time getting raid ready if you don't do all the main quests as there isn't much else you can do to start. You just have to endure like when we all had to play through the vanilla story.

Eh, probably better to take the below advice over mine.

First mission done. So uninspired I can't take it. The writing is on a whole new level of embarassiing. I really enjoyed The Taken King, even with its cheese, at least its locations and enemies were visually interesting. So far this feels like It was made by Bungie's c-team. Should I keep going?

Do everyone a favor and stop. It's more of the same. Personally, I love Destiny in its entirety, but if you aren't enjoying it, what's the point? It's not our job to convince you.

i just started the new DLC expansion
Hmm, not sure where you could farm at that level. If you haven't done the RoI story yet, that should net you a decent amount of engrams and raise your light a good amount. Then try and get high enough to do the heroic strikes and at that point, you can run those for engrams farming.

V1ctIm

Neo Member
Why is the RoI theme still borked on the PS Store?
Dunno. I got mine right after it switched from static to dynamic. Delete static, redownload as dynamic and works great. Something seems to have screwed it up with the update last week I think.

I have to admit this time around it's not grabbing me as much. I really thought the Gjallrhorn quest and the whole recycling of old year 1 guns as huge deals make it a lot less interesting and in the case of the Gjallrhorn incredibly self indulgent like it's bigger than the actually fucking story.

Zocano

in the case of the Gjallrhorn incredibly self indulgent like it's bigger than the actually fucking story.

Yah I thought it was kind of up its own ass and, as you said, self indulgent.

Gjallarhorn was just a broken weapon that defined the first year of Destiny's loot. There was nothing intrinsicly special about it. There was nothing memorable about getting it. It was just RNG fucking the userbase over as they piled over each other to try and get the one weapon that breaks apart all encounter designs.

Matt Frost

I have to admit this time around it's not grabbing me as much. I really thought the Gjallrhorn quest and the whole recycling of old year 1 guns as huge deals make it a lot less interesting and in the case of the Gjallrhorn incredibly self indulgent like it's bigger than the actually fucking story.

I felt the same way while doing that part of the mission. Is like they said: You want ghallrhorn? Then have an orgy with it in a very nerdy way.

As for me, 348 light, gHorn, the new exotic auto rifle... good start yes :)

Farside

Unconfirmed Member
Dunno. I got mine right after it switched from static to dynamic. Delete static, redownload as dynamic and works great. Something seems to have screwed it up with the update last week I think.

Interesting, so delete the Destiny vanilla theme? I'll give it a shot.

Yah I thought it was kind of up its own ass and, as you said, self indulgent.

Gjallarhorn was just a broken weapon that defined the first year of Destiny's loot. There was nothing intrinsicly special about it. There was nothing memorable about getting it. It was just RNG fucking the userbase over as they piled over each other to try and get the one weapon that breaks apart all encounter designs.
I wouldn't say there was nothing memorable about getting it. I'm pretty sure everyone here remembers how they got their Gally. That's pretty memorable.

Hedera

Maybe this has been touched upon, but is the "Complete strikes in the SIVA Crisis Strikes playlist" from the book filling up for you? I completed 2 and it says 0/20 on the book.

Anyone else experiencing this? Am I missing something?

Maybe this has been touched upon, but is the "Complete strikes in the SIVA Crisis Strikes playlist" from the book filling up for you? I completed 2 and it says 0/20 on the book.

Anyone else experiencing this? Am I missing something?

Is there a difference between SIVA Strikes and Heroic SIVA Strikes?

Vic_Viper

How do I get the "Back in the Sattle" quest line from the Gunsmith? Do I need to level him up first or something? That's the one thing I never did in Destiny lol. Hated using his terrible white guns for data.

NaviLink

Didn't buy the new DLC yet, probably won't for a while, as I've played TTK a lot these past few weeks.

Fount out earlier that Crucible is not available anymore if you don't buy the DLC. I shouldn't be surprised but I think this is a dick move. To take away content I've been able to play just like that is quite annoying.

When you hit Rank 2 in the Record Book you get rewarded with Days of Iron Gauntlets for all three classes. They have the same exact perks culminating with "Hand Cannon Loader."

Please tell me the best looking gear in the game is not going to be relegated as such without a way to acquire it by some other means with different perks.

Edit: I would think it will also be available in the Iron Banner as well, at least it should be.

E92 M3

First day of work - it's been a long one:

Cs1xb4RWYAAa3E0.jpg

So, anyone know anything about a download error? I've been trying all day to download the update and it just keeps giving me an error. Tried deleting the game and everything. No go. I literally can't play Destiny now.

How do I get the "Back in the Sattle" quest line from the Gunsmith? Do I need to level him up first or something? That's the one thing I never did in Destiny lol. Hated using his terrible white guns for data.
When he hits Rank 2 you get the quest for the legendary weapons. Rank 3 is for the Exotics. You gotta put in the work.

Farside

Unconfirmed Member
Wait!!! The static RoI theme, not the other Destiny theme(s).

All I have is the vanilla one.

Themes have been messed up on PSN for about 2 weeks. Sony is working on it.

Yeah, it just lists a start button which takes me to the Destiny sign on page. Oh, well. Soony, then.

When he hits Rank 2 you get the quest for the legendary weapons. Rank 3 is for the Exotics. You gotta put in the work.

Shit. I hate the Suros weapons for Rank One.

Zocano

I wouldn't say there was nothing memorable about getting it. I'm pretty sure everyone here remembers how they got their Gally. That's pretty memorable.

I got it at one of the multitude of Skolas kills that all blend together because it was just farming bullshit because of that gun.

Barakov

Just played through the campaign and did some some patrol missions and got to 330. And I'm eager to dive back in.

Honestly, I want a flaming battle axe for my own personal use now. Saladin can keep the sword.

I got it at one of the multitude of Skolas kills that all blend together because it was just farming bullshit because of that gun.
You must've just been different, because a lot of people here(including me) freaked out when we got our Gallys and were insanely happy.

The entire game had bad RNG crap back then, Gally is no different.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
So I didn't have a huge pile of engram's like some have
I'm hearing people be 375+ already, it's fucking crazy, but they saved up for it

For me

My Warlock is 348, with left side weapons + ghost jumps to 351

Titan is 340, with left side swap jumps to 348

Hunter is 339, with left side swap jumps to 346

So a 351, 348, 346 ain't that bad for a player who hasn't played in roughly 2+ months

Time to marathon my Warlock on Heroic strikes for like 10+ hours and get them to 365 at least, then shovel all loot Thursday to Titan and Hunter and get them to 360 for Raid at least
Great undertaking I know, but let's see how it is

Arc Burn + Juggler sucks, yeah Supercell shines, but so many Arc based enemies >_< in the strikes
Time to cowboy up

Farside

Unconfirmed Member
Fount out earlier that Crucible is not available anymore if you don't buy the DLC. I shouldn't be surprised but I think this is a dick move. To take away content I've been able to play just like that is quite annoying.

Looks like my nephew was telling me the truth-- I thought he couldn't find the page or something. But not even the bottom three? Is it a timed lock out? That does suck...

Strider

Didn't buy the new DLC yet, probably won't for a while, as I've played TTK a lot these past few weeks.

The classic playlists don't work?

NaviLink

Looks like my nephew was telling me the truth-- I thought he couldn't find the page or something. But not even the bottom three? Is it a timed lock out? That does suck...

Bottom 3 are available, not sure about private matches. The rest is locked. Don't know what this means for matchmaking in general.

Top Bottom