• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT42| Embrace the Not-Knowing

jdstorm

Banned
So aparantly in order to make the Pre Order Iron Gjallarhorn viable you have to infuse it with a year 3 Gjallarhorn.

Really wish this would have been more obvious.

i may have stupidly deleted the Gjallarhorn needed to infuse it and I'm back to the Mercy of RNG

Other thoughts.

- Finished the mission with the
Axe that gives you the exotic sword
so some seem to think I've finished the main campaign. If that's all it is... Then it felt more like an introductioray act then a full campaign.

- The First and Last missions are really cool. Really good job with those Bungie. If Destiny 2 is more of that, from a level design perspective I'm going to be very excited.

Since guys at Bungie read GAF I'm going to feature beg a little
My favourite part of destiny is probably when it functions as a platformer, So if you could add some tough platforming sections that allow players to speedrun through some of more complicated levels as a viable solo player Stratergy that would be great

- I really hate the voice of the new Nathan Fillion knockoff. It sounds really generic Millitary, and not in a good way.

- Rise of Iron feels like an Ode to all Sunbreaker Titans. It would be cool to play a similar length storyline for each other class.

LifEndz

So this is weird. I pre-ordered Rise of Iron weeks ago and I received the iron gjallerhorn but not the gjallerwing or the emblem.

Finished main story with Hunter, time to do it on my other two.

I'll probably be on around midnight EST to do some, if anyone wants to tag along. Could use the help, given my Lock is only 290.

PS4: Mr_Antimatter.

Yeah, Shiro is a really boring character. I like Saladin though, he's pretty cool. Hope he shows up more in D2. And Shaxx. He needs to be in a lot of stuff.

Baliis

Finally got home from work excited to play, but apparently the patch is broke as fuck? Taking a million years to download, keeps just going back to "Preparing to download" at 10% and sitting there for a while.

Gjallarhorn quest spoilers:
Really loved that last mission even if it was a tad self-serving with the whole "here's some ammo, destroy everything with Gjallarhorn" and "literally every Fallen on Earth is trying to prevent you from building it". That mission probably meant more to me, because my original Gjallarhorn dropped from a particularly bad match on Skyshock that I stuck out until the end. Always considered that a reward for playing Skyshock, so I guess now everybody else has to suffer like I did.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Did you do the anomaly stuff on archon's forge? Thats what triggers it...

I did that. Went to walker but i fell into the hole behind him . Can't get back to up to scan so I had to go to orbit. Went to orbit and tried to do things again but it won't let me.

Strider

Ok I logged back on just to try 6v6 supremacy and this may have literally saved PvP for me lol My first few matches of it were so much fun. Holy shit. The red bars are crazy tho... Wish they'd prioritize connection only with MM :/

the one new map I played... The Last City I think its called? ...Not good lol

The first IB will surely be Supremacy yea?

Expansion is great loved all the story missions, you can really tell the new stuff now, the geometry and stuff going on is way better then the old stuff.

People wanting an entire campaign? Lol welcome to year 1 DLC.

I did that. Went to walker but i fell into the hole behind him . Can't get back to up to scan so I had to go to orbit. Went to orbit and tried to do things again but it won't let me.

I don't know, i did it with ruthless and he got it even though he fell on the hole and i analyzed it myself. Then we did it with unstable because he was busy at the tower during that and we manage to get the analyze stuff again for him and he got it by scanning.

You know. TDB story line led to fighting Crota in the raid. HoW story led to us fighting Skolas in the raid-like activity, and the TTK story led to Oryx. All those stories led to a raid where the boss was obvious.

But they didn't do that this time. Obviously it's something involving SIVA, but what exactly? Before, we knew exactly what we were fighting and everything about it. All we know right now is the theme of the boss.

Really interested to see who/what we fight in the new raid.

BizzyBum

I thought the expansions and DLC were after the main mission? I just got the first Crota mission and it's on the moon and it's only level 8? I'm currently level 12.

Deku Tree

Oh man RIP. Once you hit 350 LL all engrams have a 50% chance to get get +1 Light items and a 50% chance to be at your own LL. Not exactly the same system we had before.

Update @Cozmo23 has responded with the following and has confirmed it's not a bug, but rather a middle ground the designers intended.
"As stated in the Patch Notes once you hit 350 Light you are going to have a 50% chance to get +1 Light items. So you are right, it's not optimal to sit at the Cryptarch solely decrypting Engrams. I talked with the Designers and they wanted to find a balance between letting you progress using your stored up Engrams, while also encouraging you to go play Activities to earn better gear. Go run some Strikes, play Supremacy, and check out Archon’s Forge to increase your Light."

progress by playing the game

Oh man RIP. Once you hit 350 LL all engrams have a 50% chance to get get +1 Light items and a 50% chance to be at your own LL. Not exactly the same system we had before.

Gee Bungie, thx for telling us after RoI released and not giving us a heads up. They really love doing that with this expansion.

Nerfing a system that was perfectly fine and made the grind rewarding. Now we are basically back to where we started. GG Bungie

Wait, it says "as stated in the patch notes." I don't remember reading that or hearing anyone talk about this.

Deku Tree

"As stated in the Patch Notes once you hit 350 Light you are going to have a 50% chance to get +1 Light items."

I don't remember reading that exactly in the patch notes.

Seems like Bungie is making the grind longer just to punish the 1%er preparers on twitch.

SpecX

You know. TDB story line led to fighting Crota in the raid. HoW story led to us fighting Skolas in the raid-like activity, and the TTK story led to Oryx. All those stories led to a raid where the boss was obvious.

But they didn't do that this time. Obviously it's something involving SIVA, but what exactly? Before, we knew exactly what we were fighting and everything about it. All we know right now is the theme of the boss.

Really interested to see who/what we fight in the new raid.
Curious about this as well. Did we really stop Siva, is the boss potentially
Rasputin
since we learn that character is involved with the original iron Lords.

E92 M3

That's crap in a popsicle. Grinding light is the worst part of the game. My favorite time to play is when light isn't an issue.

_woLf

I am enjoying jumping from the top of the mountain top of the temple and landing on people trying to climb and scaring them.

chur

But that isn't unique to Supremacy, is it? Because Bungie specifically named Supremacy. Unless they just want you to play Supremacy.
No I don't think it is. Imo they specifically named Supremacy just because it's the new thing. They want you to try the new things. It's Bungie though so it could go either way.

So I noticed something today, if you prefer a certain type of Legendary armor models (minus VoG/CE) you can actually go after them now.

Vanilla Vanguard/Crucible: FWC Chroma
Vanilla/TDB Factions: Queen's Wrath/ Iron Banner Vanilla (?)
TDB Vanguard/Crucible: DO Chroma (Warlock/Hunter), NM Chroma (Titan)
HoW Vanguard/Crucible: NM Chroma (Warlock/Hunter), DO Chroma (Titan), Iron Banner HoW (?)
TTK Vanguard/Crucible: All Factions, Engrams.

You can even get the old class items to match now, the only problem is some of the armor will have faction branding over it. I see the old IB stuff in the database and I think I heard you can buy it now but I'm not sure, so I left those (?).
This combined with the current Vanguard/Crucible stuff being the starting gear really makes me think this is the big sendoff to old gear and we won't be bringing anything forward to 2.

Top Bottom