• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT42| Embrace the Not-Knowing

Just climbed to the very top of Felwinter Peak for the first time. Man that was a fun jumping puzzle. Very cool little Easter Egg.

It's crazy how many people make it to the first "flat area" on the way up and think they've reached as high as they can go. Saw tons of players making it there and then just jumping back down.

It's like fellas you still got a loooooong way up

The Khvostov quest is driving me nuts. I have the splicer Intel relay, but I don't have the old version of the Khvostov to break down for the schematic. And I can't find the schematic the other way.
Guides say it's either the breach or the divide and that its inside a ketch with a servitor. I'm not seeing it.
You need to go back to where the game all started. You'll see a ketch. Giant ass ship you can't miss it. Also make sure you load form the plague lands. Not the regular old Cosmodrome.

TyrantII

Every team I've gotten in Heroic strikes today has sucked. They don't skip fights, they don't know that they can revive themselves after 30 seconds, they don't have arc weapons, and they go AFK every 30 seconds.

But we need Raid matchmaking!

On that Perfected Sceptic strike, right before you walk into that room with the Lazer fence you unlock by fighting two waves, there is another room with a bunch of those red turrets. Is there a secret hidden there?
It just leads down to the grotto. Been there since the start. You can go there in patrol.

I don't get how people are 350 already. You only get one 350 item from a quest (artifact). I can see purchasing 3, maybe 4 with Legendary marks, but it seems like way too many items to get for one day.

I don't get how people are 350 already. You only get one 350 item from a quest (artifact). I can see purchasing 3, maybe 4 with Legendary marks, but it seems like way too many items to get for one day.
I'm 349 so almost there.

Get a ghost from the factions 350. Some weapons from quests are 350. You can buy cloaks etc at 350. It's not too hard.
And then we'll you get the artifact of course. By this time you must be getting a faction/vanguard lvl up so that's even higher gear.
Also keep in mind blues decode to 340.

Did you get a class item? Just need a purple engram and some glimmer from Shiro. I started from 310-ish since it's been a while and I think I'm 339 now. For people who were in the 330s the blues should have pushed them a decent way already plus store items

todd360

I'm 349 so all so there.

Get a ghost from the factions 350. Some weapons from quests are 350. You can buy cloaks etc at 350. It's not too hard.
And then we'll you get the artifact of course. By this time you must be getting a faction/vanguard lvl up so that's even higher gear.
Also keep in mind blues decode to 340.

I'm glad your leveling is going well. I'm pretty sure I'll be able to hit 360 tomorrow. For the raid is dark and full of terrors.

I can understand why Bungie decided to not support the PS3 and 360 any longer. The Plaguelands is one huge area with a bunch of extra added effects, especially in one of the missions where it is snowing.

If the last two expansions are any indication Destiny 2 is going to be an absolute blast.

Jblanks

Why did they tuck away Archons Forge so far away from the spawn in the Plaguelands ? Also supposedly you can only carry one key at a time to play it, and you can actually get stuck in the room where you give up the key if you don't drop down right away. Sounds like it needs some work.

guybrushfreeman

Unconfirmed Member
Why did they tuck away Archons Forge so far away from the spawn in the Plaguelands ? Also supposedly you can only carry one key at a time to play it, and you can actually get stuck in the room where you give up the key if you don't drop down right away. Sounds like it needs some work.

Yeah I'm quite disappointed, seems like a non-starter so far. The design is almost the opposite of the things that made CoC work in my opinion.

So I still have all of my year 1 exotic weapons and armor. If I dismantle them, does it let me get the blueprint so I can purchase the year 2/3 versions of them?

Vic_Viper

How do i get the Devil's Lair strike Hard Mode? Im trying to do the Sepkis Perfected fight but I only have easy and normal?

Edit: nvm it was the normal one

And... goodnight all!

fi1HFju.jpg

You need to go back to where the game all started. You'll see a ketch. Giant ass ship you can't miss it. Also make sure you load form the plague lands. Not the regular old Cosmodrome.

Piggybacking on this, no Servitor spawns when I use the Splicer Intel Relay to go past the lasers and into the ship just past the game's starting point. The ship is there, but no enemies, no Servitor and no chest.

My Splicer Intel Relay says "Use the data to access the old Highway and disrupt Splicer activity" with no mention of a Servitor. Even with the same exact item icon. Is this still the proper key?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
343 guilty spark for the night. Got to the last story mission, did a SIVA strike, climbed a mountain, played a whole lot of supremacy, fell all the way in love with a new HC. Finally got my bolt-caster as well. Meanwhile those in my party are already claiming their Gjallygorns and Kzozytovstovs, and I haven't even set down in Plaguelands patrol or tried Archon's Forge yet. Plenty to look forward to even before it comes time to hunker down for my favorite phase of all: mastering a new raid.

Feels good to be back in the wild a bit. All is well under the Traveler, for at least a brief moment.

Glad I took the day off. Tomorrow after work I'll be checking out the new GW2 content and then getting back on that grind. For those like-minded who are interested in a hyper-casual stab at blind raiding with me on Friday, I think I'm only going to require a 355 base light. Who knows what if any progress we will make, but it'll be a chill atmosphere and a chance to at least bash our heads against the unknown while we can.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Wow. That was some challenge. Two low lights and everything would kill us in in one hit and we did it. Good Shit Pink and Seafood.

The Khvostov quest is driving me nuts. I have the splicer Intel relay, but I don't have the old version of the Khvostov to break down for the schematic. And I can't find the schematic the other way.
Guides say it's either the breach or the divide and that its inside a ketch with a servitor. I'm not seeing it.
With the relay, go back to where you first started Destiny, outside the wall. You will head there from the Divide, and you'll run into a laser wall that needs to be deactivated with the relay. When you get outside, you'll see the ketch.

hank_tree

Piggybacking on this, no Servitor spawns when I use the Splicer Intel Relay to go past the lasers and into the ship just past the game's starting point. The ship is there, but no enemies, no Servitor and no chest.

My Splicer Intel Relay says "Use the data to access the old Highway and disrupt Splicer activity" with no mention of a Servitor. Even with the same exact item icon. Is this still the proper key?

The relay is just used to open the fence to let you get to the ship. Sounds like you are in the right area.

With the relay, go back to where you first started Destiny, outside the wall. You will head there from the Divide, and you'll run into a laser wall that needs to be deactivated with the relay. When you get outside, you'll see the ketch.

The relay is just used to open the fence to let you get to the ship. Sounds like you are in the right area.

I've used 2 relays to deactivate the lasers and hop onboard the ketch. I know I'm in the right area as I've looked at videos, but my issue is there are no enemies, Servitor or chest inside. It's super weird and a bummer that it's wasting my relays.

Make sure you load in from the plaguelands patrol, not the normal earth patrol.

Yup, Plaguelands Patrol and everything.

Fathead

I've used 2 relays to deactivate the lasers and hop onboard the ketch. I know I'm in the right area as I've looked at videos, but my issue is there are no enemies, Servitor or chest inside. It's super weird and a bummer that it's wasting my relays.

Make sure you load in from the plaguelands patrol, not the normal earth patrol.

guybrushfreeman

Unconfirmed Member
So is there a generally accepted 'best time' to decrypt purples and exotics? Or should I just do it one by one right now hoping to get as high as possible to start?

Anyone want to help get the Sing the Iron Song achievement? I'm on Xbox One and will be up for a few more hours.

341 right now but spending a lot of time in the crucible after doing PVE for 6 hours straight. I'm always liked the multiplayer portion a lot more. Too bad I haven't played on the new maps once.

New vendor gear is pretty disappointing. My Byronic Hero (Rifled Barrel, Luck in the Chamber, Rangefinder) that I've had for like a year now is better than any of the hand cannon rolls. Also Hung Jury is still pretty solid. It's like nothing changed

The vendor crucible HC is better as it nearly hits the range cap (12 more than Byronic)

deadduck

Splicer keys (common and can hold 10) can open that door.

So much fun! These missions encounters are some of Destinys best. (The dialogue was pretty bad) but it's B team so I will let it slide. The content here I feel is totally worth $30 bucks.

The new areas are beautiful! Wow Destiny 2 is going to be Incredible.

Ended the night at 346

Charles

Sorry for the possibly stupid question: is there a ps4 GAF clan that I can join? I'm a 307 light hunter, soloed through most of the game post ttk.

Can someone please explain to me how dismantling year 1 exotics work/if I should do that? I still have like, all of my year 1 exotic armor/weapons but if I'm not mistaken, if I dismantle them I gain their blueprint and for some of them I can rebuy them from the kiosk as a year 2 version? Or would I only have the year 1 version unlocked until I find the weapon/armor "in the wild"?

Top Bottom