• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT42| Embrace the Not-Knowing

Can someone please explain to me how dismantling year 1 exotics work/if I should do that? I still have like, all of my year 1 exotic armor/weapons but if I'm not mistaken, if I dismantle them I gain their blueprint and for some of them I can rebuy them from the kiosk as a year 2 version? Or would I only have the year 1 version unlocked until I find the weapon/armor "in the wild"?

You can dismantle them all, you will be able to buy the 280 light level ones from the Kiosks near the Vanguard. Edit 150 marks, I'm an idiot. Costs are shard to rebuy the year 2 version.

guybrushfreeman

Unconfirmed Member
Can someone please explain to me how dismantling year 1 exotics work/if I should do that? I still have like, all of my year 1 exotic armor/weapons but if I'm not mistaken, if I dismantle them I gain their blueprint and for some of them I can rebuy them from the kiosk as a year 2 version? Or would I only have the year 1 version unlocked until I find the weapon/armor "in the wild"?

If you have the year 1 version unlocked it costs 150 marks for the year 2 version in the kiosk. When dismantaling you should level up the weapons first (you don't need to unlock the nodes just level it up) to get 2 shards instead of 1.

First game of crucible since RoI..

MATADOR

Rifled
Rangefinder
Aggressive Ballistics

Spray'n'Play

3AQmK.gif

Well finished the Main Quest line and I'm gonna call it a night. It was short but man were the missions a blast to play through.

Also you can for sure tell Bungie left last gen behind. The new areas looked beautiful

GlamFM

Banned
Sorry for the possibly stupid question: is there a ps4 GAF clan that I can join? I'm a 307 light hunter, soloed through most of the game post ttk.

There are a bunch, but there's no real benefit being in a clan.

Just ask around in this thread if you're looking for people to play with.

Worst thing about Archon's Forge. Since it seems you can only have one key at a time it sure does suck when you get one of the Legendary 'Perfected' ones. Basically goes to waste unless you have like 6 people in the arena.

You can dismantle them all, you will be able to buy the 280 light level ones from the Kiosks near the Vanguard. Edit 150 marks, I'm an idiot. Costs are shard to rebuy the year 2 version.

Welp I dismanted most of them thinking I could rebuy them all with the Glimmer/Shard, but not like I'd use most of them anyway in their obsolete state compared to the gear I currently have now. Year 2 versions are still under powered though...I guess I'd have to infuse them?

The Khvostov quest is driving me nuts. I have the splicer Intel relay, but I don't have the old version of the Khvostov to break down for the schematic. And I can't find the schematic the other way.
Guides say it's either the breach or the divide and that its inside a ketch with a servitor. I'm not seeing it.

head to the area where you 1st start the game. You will come to a barrier requiring a splicer key to access. Head towards where your awoken by your ghost and a ketch ship will be there.

guybrushfreeman

Unconfirmed Member
Worst thing about Archon's Forge. Since it seems you can only have one key at a time it sure does suck when you get one of the Legendary 'Perfected' ones. Basically goes to waste unless you have like 6 people in the arena.
The whole system makes no sense. What were they thinking when they designed it? I can't figure out what they were thinking with Archons Forge. You basically need a pre-made group, which kills off the whole point of it being in patrol but even then you can only hold a single one at a time (4 if you switch bewtween characters via an app) which means getting a group together isn't even really worthwhile. I just don't understand any of the design decisions at all. I hope they update it but I'm not counting on it.....

Dalek

The whole system makes no sense. What were they thinking when they designed it? I can't figure out what they were thinking with Archons Forge. You basically need a pre-made group, which kills off the whole point of it being in patrol but even then you can only hold a single one at a time (4 if you switch bewtween characters via an app) which means getting a group together isn't even really worthwhile. I just don't understand any of the design decisions at all. I hope they update it but I'm not counting on it.....

I came here to say the same thing. I was running there with someone I met on patrol and sure enough they vanish right as we get to that room. What the heck.

aember

Is there going to be a Light requirement for the raid?

I'm sort of switching back to Titan from Hunter, so few friends have been helping me catch up. Started the xpack yesterday, got up to 290 Light before the network errors pushed me away from the game for the day.

Hoping I can get somewhat ready for the raid on my Titan!

PepperedHam

Winter's Run on the current heroic playlist is actually fucking insane, you poke your head out for a split second on the final boss and you're... dead.

Why did they tuck away Archons Forge so far away from the spawn in the Plaguelands ? Also supposedly you can only carry one key at a time to play it, and you can actually get stuck in the room where you give up the key if you don't drop down right away. Sounds like it needs some work.

When I died it spawned me back in that room where you use the key. Wouldn't let me back down. Had to wait for my team mates to finish up before I could drop back down.

So, I can't snipe a dude out of his super, but someone can shotgun me from 12 feet away out of my super? Sure, OK. I do like Supremacy, though. It gives me a reasons to use my sidearms.

Got to Rank 5 in the book. Did a lot of the Crucible stuff, but still have a bunch more. Gonna work on getting those fragments tomorrow. I've only got 3 so far.

Acidote

I've only been able to play those 4-5 missions of the main RoI campaign, and I won't be able to play much for the next two weeks. But after that I intend to get knee deep into strikes and crucible.

And I can't wait for the first Iron Banner.

First game of crucible since RoI..

MATADOR

Rifled
Rangefinder
Aggressive Ballistics

Spray'n'Play

3AQmK.gif

You deserve it buddy. Have fun with it.

I transfered Splicer keys to vault then started to collect 10 new ones.

same with Siva offering, if you have one then transfer it to vault and get a new one.

Climbing that mountain sure is annoying with all them invisible walls/ledges, dumb jumping/bouncing physics and random checkpoints.

And the fact that our Guardians, heroes of all space and time, seem to have the arm strength of a 2 year old and therefore are unable to actually grab onto ledges.

I made it to the top but it really is silly how stupid you look doing it, arms flailing uselessly at your side as you kick off a wall and fling yourself backwards.

They could have at least activated movement powers in this social area. Lol

FyreWulff

Of two minds on the LL thing; on one hand I can see why they went this route as it prevents hardcore hoarders from totally leapfrogging progression and hitting the current max LL, which in turn prevents people from complaining that they've maxed out all content etc super quick. And in theory I support the idea that you should need to play the game for a while to get upgrades and whatnot, the problem is the way they're going about it is extremely artificial.

That said though most of the hardcore twitch streamers etc probably have enough stashed to still brute force their way from 350 to 365 before the raid hits regardless. I honestly think this was done more to extend the playtime of the expansion as opposed to penalizing the 1%, especially since they have to expect some small amount of people to hit 365 for the raid on Friday anyway.

In either case I've already made plans to play Battlefront with a friend this weekend, there's zero chance I'll be raid-ready by Friday lol.

It's literally the same system from Taken King's launch, where it slowed light level progress at 290 to 310, because (I believe) the intent is that the raid becomes the optimal path to higher light at that point. Raids will always be the best way to max out light at their launch.

Constant dropouts from the Forge and Tower :E fix this shit Guerrilla!

Beetle errors killing my enjoyment when it kicks me out mid-forge...

Contacting Destiny servers, day two.
I'm stuck at a strike. Getting error, reconnect, black screen with strike music and noises. Can access menu, but no gameplay. Finally the black screen disappears, I get to shoot 5 seconds, again an error, reconnect, black screen while in gameplay...

Edit: Wow, somehow got it done on the third reconnect.

Top Bottom