• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT42| Embrace the Not-Knowing

DjRalford

The gally mission is ridiculous,
I'm light 350 and getting destroyed thanks to the sheer volume of enemies, cant get past 60% on the first of the bombs.

Have you rebuilt your database?

Yep. Tried that before wiping the whole system. It's totally fucked. Deleted the game, rebuilt data base, reformatted system, tried wired vs wireless connection... nothing. Just have an unplayable game. Everything else is downloading and updating just fine. Doesn't seem like a massively widespread issue, but there are plenty of people on the Bungie forums having it and not being able to solve the issue as well.

dawgparty

Which pulse rifle do you guys recommend for RoI? I have been using a Spare Change and Love it but the perks on it kinda suck. Tried the Keystone scout rifle but I feel like I can't kill anyone with it in PVP(whereas with spare change I was doing pretty well). Are there any comparable new pulse rifles?

SaganIsGOAT

The last boss fight, whooo baby that was rad. I totally had a thought in the back of my mind that it was going to be a situation just like that and I'm stoked that it was.

From DO rank-up packages. I opened 8 packages so far, mostly weapons.

Not sure if any of the 3 scouts are worth keeping, though I don't really know what is the ideal roll.

DO scout can roll Full Auto and Firefly for PvE and if you are lucky you could get a dual PvE and PvP god roll since you get two options on two of the trees

lt519

Played for 10 hours yesterday and progress has grinded to a halt. It's going to be tough to get ready for the raid by Friday.

Just some thoughts on the overall package:
-Plaguelands is a lot bigger than I was expecting, but the story missions were short and overall disappointing despite a few neat mechanics.
-The strike boss fight is fun but also a short strike.
-Supremacy maps being close quarters is not my idea of fun, everyone just seems to charge around with shotguns.
-Gjallahorn quest line was great fan service and probably the most fun quests (with the execption of the final story quest, that was great)
-Archon Forge is more fun than Court of Oryx

Not complaining that I've done all the content minus the raid and 3 exotic quests in a single day, I did play for 10 hours. But this feels considerably less beefy than TTK.

Being able to hold onto one forge offering is completely baffling. There's no perceivable benefit and it cause a bunch of problems.
Yeah it's a terrible decision that helps no one. A way to get around it is to move the offering to your vault. Find another offering. Move it to an alt. Then your other alt. Then keep the 4th one on your main then you can do 4 in a row, and you'll likely also get an extra one or two from the Forge itself.

It's dumb you have to circumvent it like that but it works.

Its clear Bungie went through some effort to gate people that wanted to rush through the admittedly limited content

Hopefully there are more secrets to uncover but its clear we are reaching the end of Vanilla Destiny

Im gonna take my time and chase weapons and cool looking aesthetic armor

Oh shit, I got a Devil's Spawn from that mission waiting at the post master.

screen-shot-2016-09-21-at-9.png

Kyne

Its clear Bungie went through some effort to gate people that wanted to rush through the admittedly limited content

Hopefully there are more secrets to uncover but its clear we are reaching the end of Vanilla Destiny

That's kind of the vibe I'm getting from this expansion. Literally all of the old gear is available, including the very first class item you ever get in legendary form.

This is definitely Bungie's send off for Destiny 1. I'm happy about it.

Xeyark

Unconfirmed Member
I'll help you if you want. I did it solo but need help on the last mission so can do it together.

Oh man if I wasn't at work I'd help you out. I managed to run through it solo last night and it was quite a run.
At first I tried to stay in the little closet area and hold my ground but I realized that the counter wasn't running while I was in there. Took Saladin's words about leading them to me to heart and ran back and forth in the area to funnel the fallen into the "killbox" every now and then so I could clear them out with a special.

FyreWulff

It's pretty standard MMO design. WoW has it as Rest XP, where you get an EXP bonus for being logged out/rested.

http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Rest

That being said, 1:1 infusion should make it better, and I assume they'll ease it up just like they have for every release (as pointed out above, a tick / tock cadence), and the raid will probably bring you up pretty quick, seeing as how HM RoI Raid goes to 400.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
So we all should be expecting a Destiny 2 reveal this E3 or sooner?

Also does anyone know if the key "glitch" is still working: https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyThe...lerhow_to_farm_splicer_keys_drops_seem_to_be/

Sooner. By September 2017 it wouldve been three years since Destiny launched. thats more than enough time for 500 people to put out a sequel. They will reveal it early in the year and then have a demo on Sony's E3 press conference.

unless of course they are in development hell.

Zakalwe

Banned
Played for 10 hours yesterday and progress has grinded to a halt. It's going to be tough to get ready for the raid by Friday.

Just some thoughts on the overall package:
-Plaguelands is a lot bigger than I was expecting, but the story missions were short and overall disappointing despite a few neat mechanics.
-The strike boss fight is fun but also a short strike.
-Supremacy maps being close quarters is not my idea of fun, everyone just seems to charge around with shotguns.
-Gjallahorn quest line was great fan service and probably the most fun quests (with the execption of the final story quest, that was great)
-Archon Forge is more fun than Court of Oryx

Not complaining that I've done all the content minus the raid and 3 exotic quests in a single day, I did play for 10 hours. But this feels considerably less beefy than TTK.

We've known it would have a lot less content than TTK for a while now, this was never going to rival that in terms of quantity.

IMO, aside from the writing and acting (which is awful here, I'd imagine Nathon FIllion being who he is had some influence on the script before which made TTK actually quite good in places), the quality of the actual content here is very good.

Especially visually, you can really see how the legacy consoles were holding things back in that regard.

Varjis

Spent way to long getting to the top of Felwinter last night (Thanks glitchy checkpoints). Also didn't help that apparently went a different direction than the campfire, there were other people trying to scale another way and I just followed them. Could there be another spot on the mountain?

EL CUCO

Yup. For that reason, I'm cautiously optimistic that WOTM Raid will be the best one yet. Its going to be hard to top VoG, but if that last story mission is anything to go by, the talent is definitely there to make it happen.

Zakalwe

Banned
That's kind of the vibe I'm getting from this expansion. Literally all of the old gear is available, including the very first class item you ever get in legendary form.

Where do you get that? I can't stand the marks and I used that constantly until they added Armour ratings to them.

RickD

Yes, definately.

I'm hitting a wall around 340 light at the moment. Ghost, artifact and class item holding me back.

I saved loads of engrams and infused my way upto about 337 by the time the campaign ended - and some of my saved purples also decrypted into ROI gear as well. Surely if the adavancement worked like it was advertised, i should be getting stuff over 340 by now.

I'll probably end up buying a 350 ghost, unless anyone knows a good way to actually getting a high level ghost?

Thought the Campaign was OK, if short. the patrol area feels a lot harder than previous patrol areas - maybe it's because i'm only around 340 light, but stuff is taking a few too many bullets to go down.

Still rocking the Hung Jury though, that bad boy has been with me since launch of TTK

Not sure what happened with the Archon forge though. Really bizarre location, and locking you out of it when it starts or when you respawn, and you lose your offering if you don't complete it? seems a bit.... Odd and a back step from CoO and CoE.

Does anybody have a graph, or know what LL gear drops from which activity now? Is it just ROI gear for post 340 LL? or does the TTK stuff drop upgraded gear as well?

FyreWulff

We've known it would have a lot less content than TTK for a while now, this was never going to rival that in terms of quantity.

IMO, aside from the writing and acting (which is awful here, I'd imagine Nathon FIllion being who he is had some influence on the script before which made TTK actually quite good in places), the quality of the actual content here is very good.

Especially visually, you can really see how the legacy consoles were holding things back in that regard.

The first time i scaled the mountain I was pretty much thinking "yep they're showing how much geometry they can load now and push it out"

Cszvxu8UAAAirxG.jpg:large

on last gen the actual area down there would just be skybox and they'd have to hide a load at some point going up

go back and look at the Tower now, and realize how sliced up it is, and even within the slices they were very careful about how much geometry you could see at one time

So for efficient leveling:

1) Buy a 350 Ghost from Vanguard or Crucible for 75 Marks
2) Exchange a legendary class item engram for a 350 Iron Lord class item from Shiro
3) Play Story and finish quest to get 350 Iron Lord Artifact (no sprint lock, lololol)
4) Decrypt stored engrams to get as high as you can, probably topping out at 350ish.
(Decrypting in the lowest slot you have before trying a new slot.)
5) Run strikes for high light blues to get higher than the 350 soft cap. You can also try Crucible & Archon's Forge I suppose.

Is that accurate?

It seems that before 350 engrams are great for light level boosts. Afterward, engrams are mostly for getting a new roll on a piece of gear, i.e. you'll have to find your light level increases from activities.

I also got the But Not Forgoten sniper from the Archon's Forge. Meh perks but it has hidden hand.

Archon forge it's lots of fun, altough chaotic. And the respawn mechanic....mergh

Is this true? Why aren't people just endlessly talking about Fatebringer and Vision of Confluence etc.? Or am I misunderstanding?

2) Exchange a class item engram for a 350 Iron Lord class item from Shiro
3) Play Story and finish quest to get 350 Iron Lord Artifact (no sprint lock, lololol)
4) Decrypt stored engrams to get as high as you can, probably topping out at 350ish.
5) Run strikes for high light blues to get higher than the 350 soft cap. You can also try Crucible & Archon's Forge I suppose.

Is that accurate?

It seems that before 350 engrams are great for light level boosts. Afterward, engrams are mostly for getting a new roll on a piece of gear, i.e. you'll have to find your light level increases from activities.

Solid guide

350 is certainly attainable in quick fashion

Past that though you are probably going to have to chase the toughest content for a 350 guardian

Nightfall, Heroics, High Level Archons Forge etc...

2) Exchange a class item engram for a 350 Iron Lord class item from Shiro

Is that accurate?

The class item engram needs to be legendary though, right? I was going to buy one from the cryptarch but I wasn't sure if it would just be decoded immediately. Is that how you do it?

Everything but the old Raid gear

Because the old Raid gear would basically be the only weapons everyone would be using for the next year
Gotcha, thanks.

spyder_ur

It kind of baffles me that they placed the public event/arena area so far out of the way and made it so difficult to find.

I don't understand alot of their decisions with Archon's Forge. I guess I need to mess around with it a bit more.

2) Exchange a legendary class item engram for a 350 Iron Lord class item from Shiro

Is that accurate?

Worth noting that in your mid 340s you can probably try queuing for heroics. I was having terrible drop luck in normal strikes but leveled up really quickly once I started running heroics at 344 or so. As long as you play defensive, it's no big deal.

Tjamato88

Is that accurate?

Thanks for the guide. Definitely going to do some of this stuff tonight.

Top Bottom