• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT42| Embrace the Not-Knowing

Zakalwe

Banned
Forgot to share this yesterday. A dumb animation I did Monday night to celebrate the ROI launch.

I took this:

cxpwpyP.gif

...and made this:

qa8t78p.gif

This is wonderful. Absolutely.

He must have had a decent amount of input into Cayde's script, there's no way Bungie pulled off the quality of writing thete on their own.

I mean, android Mal is relative easy mode when you have the OG actor involved, but Cayde's prominence in TTK has overshadowed everything Bungie has ever written.

I really hope he's back for D2.

Ambitious

Anyone down for playing Argon Forge? I need a bunch of victories for a quest and some bounties. Just gonna finish a story mission real quick.

Zakalwe

Banned
I remember something in the vidoc where you could add cool patterns and colors to your weapons and armor What's that and when does it come into play?

Exotic weapons. Ornaments. Found in the new Radiant reward boxes. You also need silver dust to install them (which is also found in the boxes, or you get 5 for breaking down unwanted exotic ornaments).

You can find ornaments for the MoT Armour sets too.

This is the microtransaction content. Aesthetic only, for guardians lucky with their weekly boxes or willing to spend on a little silver.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Hawkian plays Guild wars 2... of course that man can do the jumping puzzle with ease lol
Hahaha I mentioned that to the group I was partied with last night as I was doing it... I play GW2 with a gamepad and even have a profile I switch to that basically puts me on Bumper Jumper just like Destiny, for stuff like the Mad King's Clocktower and Not So Secret.
I hope they put more in the game for you, Hawk
They won't.

I completed almost all the new missions except for the Iron Horn. All I need are 4 more of the SIVA fragments. Are they fairly easy to find or should I just look them up?

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
Hahaha yeah it's pretty unforgiving, every rock is "real." After realizing that though, it is predictable at least.

I'm still salty about all the invisible walls once you get too high. :[

Art.

This is wonderful. Absolutely.

He must have had a decent amount of input into Cayde's script, there's no way Bungie pulled off the quality of writing thete on their own.

I mean, android Mal is relative easy mode when you have the OG actor involved, but Cayde's prominence in TTK has overshadowed everything Bungie has ever written.

I really hope he's back for D2.

Thanks!

DjRalford

Now I've hit 350 light increases have all but ground to a halt, my last 4 legendary engrams and legendary drops have all been at my light level and no higher.

Exotic weapons. Ornaments. Found in the new Radiant reward boxes. You also need silver dust to install them (which is also found in the boxes, or you get 5 for breaking down unwanted exotic ornaments).

You can find ornaments for the MoT Armour sets too.

This is the microtransaction content. Aesthetic only, for guardians lucky with their weekly boxes or willing to spend on a little silver.
Thanks.

I'm not opposed to spending a couple bucks to look like a badass. I assume there is some way to see what you would look like before spending the resources?

JHall

Arguably, pretty much anything is Shotguns: The Game Type now. The pair of Rumble games I played last night were 95% Juggernaut Strikers sprinting around with shotguns and almost never pulling out their primaries.

I haven't found Supremacy too bad as far as shotguns go. And, as eggydoo said, I'll happily take this over what most of TTK was (where "variety" was whether your opponents tended to hardscope or quickscope).

Edit: Top of the page whoops late for work no pic lol

That's the problem. Bungie has nerfed every other weapon into existence so shotguns are more powerful than ever. At least in HoWs days (golden age of PvP). There were weapons that could counter shotguns.

Still love the DLC though, Supremacy just gets on my nerves because of shotguns.

FyreWulff

I love this, because, well, I'll never be able to carry people to Mercury, I'll never do a raid blindfolded, I'll never get a Seventh Column medal, I'll never have a min-maxed character, and I'll never top out my Grimoire. But fuck if I didn't get to the top of that mountain in under 20 minutes and have a blast the entire time. I'd take 20 more puzzles like it and spend some cash on my very first bit of Silver if Bungie put in the dev time to do that just for goofball players like me. :p

Destiny actually has super tight, responsive controls and great collision detection. There were some quirks to learn for this puzzle such as what a god-awful idea it is to push against the mountain and jump simultaneously, and how often you want to just let go of the stick during descents.

Yeah, I was used to the physics since it's pretty close to what they did for Halo 2 onwards, but I can understand the frustration with what feels like rubber rocks sometimes. Bungie likes to make their player physics model a little 'bouncy' like that.

Farside

Unconfirmed Member
I played the first five missions last night, but I haven't been to the jumping puzzle/top of Felwinter. Did I miss something, or is it in another quest?

Nothus

I love this, because, well, I'll never be able to carry people to Mercury, I'll never do a raid blindfolded, I'll never get a Seventh Column medal, I'll never have a min-maxed character, and I'll never top out my Grimoire. But fuck if I didn't get to the top of that mountain in under 20 minutes and have a blast the entire time. I'd take 20 more puzzles like it and spend some cash on my very first bit of Silver if Bungie put in the dev time to do that just for goofball players like me. :p

Destiny actually has super tight, responsive controls and great collision detection. There were some quirks to learn for this puzzle such as what a god-awful idea it is to push against the mountain and jump simultaneously, and how often you want to just let go of the stick during descents.

Inb4 the raid has a jumping puzzle section :)

The peak was just the warm up guys!!

MechDX

I completed almost all the new missions except for the Iron Horn. All I need are 4 more of the SIVA fragments. Are they fairly easy to find or should I just look them up?

I found 2 of 5 last night for that quest. Still upset a pre-order bonus is behind a damn quest. Are there any guides out there yet with locations?

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
I had a perfected SIVA offering once.

Thought I'd try it out so I put it in and waited for the event to start. Doors closed. Aaaaand it's gone. -_-

Silly me for thinking things would operate like CoO.

Deku Tree

Jumping to the top of the mountain is trash. The physics and the collision modeling and the point of view are garbage for jumping puzzles.

Jumping to the top of the mountain is trash. The physics and the collision modeling and the point of view are garbage for jumping puzzles.

Also not getting to use all of our movement abilities sucked.

Still, a jumping puzzle that didn't involve other people waiting on you was nice.

Zakalwe

Banned
Thanks.

I'm not opposed to spending a couple bucks to look like a badass. I assume there is some way to see what you would look like before spending the resources?

You can preview all of the ornaments. All you need to do is view the specific item, be it your own or another guardians, then hove over the Ornament perk holder and preview the skin. Same with the Iron Born armour pieces in the MoT.

Quantum

What are you talking about, I did it on my warlock easily!

I'm sooo lying - I spent the first 30 minutes dying and cursing until I realized I forgot to up my agility - after that I spent an additional 45 minutes dying and re-spawning near the beginning - I finally made it to the campfire and am very happy that I never have to do this again with my warlock

honestly though - one of the best pieces of information that I got from this thread is not to continue to press in the direction of my jump after launching. there seemed to be much less bouncing if I centered the initial directional input before landing.

Kyne

supremacy adds a new element to pvp.

nothing feels better than leaving a crystal out as bait and them coming from above with a shotgun.

void666

Banned
Last night before going to bed i decided to give the jump puzzle one last try. Bad idea.
Like 40 minutes later i did it, while silently swearing at bungie.

I can jump just fine. Never missed a platform in KF. But this is different. The rocks are like rubber. And the camera is not appropriate for this kind of thing.

Did the khvosthoviski quest. Some sweet nostalgia there. I don't think the gun is good though. Tried a few combinations as scout, auto, pulse. And it was meh in all of them. Even for patrol, killing tier 1 enemies it didn't feel good.

jet1911

Did the khvosthoviski quest. Some sweet nostalgia there. I don't think the gun is good though. Tried a few combinations as scout, auto, pulse. And it was meh in all of them. Even for patrol, killing tier 1 enemies it didn't feel good.

It needs a damage buff. With some combinations it has like 0 impact...

Last night before going to bed i decided to give the jump puzzle one last try. Bad idea.
Like 40 minutes later i did it, while silently swearing at bungie.

I can jump just fine. Never missed a platform in KF. But this is different. The rocks are like rubber. And the camera is not appropriate for this kind of thing.

image.php

-

Was doing the quest pretty fast and smooth for Khovos?

Ryck

What made the jump puzzle easier for me is a buddy said to try to jump sideways when possible. It made a lot of jumps easy. Got up there twice yesterday.

DjRalford

That's the problem. Bungie has nerfed every other weapon into existence so shotguns are more powerful than ever. At least in HoWs days (golden age of PvP). There were weapons that could counter shotguns.

Still love the DLC though, Supremacy just gets on my nerves because of shotguns.

Yeah they're pretty rife, had someone gunning me down in a supremacy game earlier with a sniper shotgun, or that's what it felt like.

Deku Tree

On the new devil's lair fight. If you melee a vandal at the end of the fight in the first big room while waiting for the door to decode, and the vandal starts helping you because you have that artifact, and it is the last enemy alive, then you have to wait until it becomes your enemy again and you kill it before you can advance to the next area. So dumb.

Top Bottom