• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT42| Embrace the Not-Knowing

There still doesn't seem to be a PvP weapon that can even touch my Triple Tap, Extended Mag, Firefly, Hung Jury that I got the first week of TTK. I love the thing so I'm not really complaining. Wish I could ornament it though. My screen has had the exact same gun on it for so long now.

I'm in this boat too. Decided I'm going to put it away for a while anyways, I'm just bored of it despite how awesome it is. Need to use something else for a while.

Yay or nay?

MNDvJyw.png

giphy.gif

No stability perks is a no sale!

Apple of Discord at the very least need counterbalance

You can get by with the Base Stability since its slower rate of fire

But he rolled full auto on this so.....

90%-100% stability on a pulse rifle or bust. Go talk to the gunsmith, he'll hook you up.

You can go lower on Stability with Counterbalance since the recoil gets more manageable

Otherwise yeah push that stability

I mean slower rate of fire pulses youll be resetting your reticule more between bursts to guarantee that precision damage though

Gun perks aren't limited to the possible rolls shown in the armory are they? I rolled a waltz yesterday with Perfect Balance and Counterbalance, but the armory doesn't show CB as a possible perk.

owlbeak

There still doesn't seem to be a PvP weapon that can even touch my Triple Tap, Extended Mag, Firefly, Hung Jury that I got the first week of TTK. I love the thing so I'm not really complaining. Wish I could ornament it though. My screen has had the exact same gun on it for so long now.
That roll of that gun is so good. I picked it up as well and have had a hard time finding anything that is even close.

Gun perks aren't limited to the possible rolls shown in the armory are they? I rolled a waltz yesterday with Perfect Balance and Counterbalance, but the armory doesn't show CB as a possible perk.

Depends on the gun

Some entries are slow to get updated to the new set of rolls

Whats the Waltz?

fuck this nightfall

so infuriating with those shanks and that cheese doesn't even work
It's rough but doable if you're not too underleveled. We had two people focus on the priest and I kited the ogre around the lower end column. Just kept taking him back and forth while the other two worked down the boss with Zhalo. The shanks are the most annoying part because they don't freaking miss lol

Hello, so I haven't played destiny in probably well over a year or so, and haven't bought any DLC. I've been having the urge to play again recently, so just wanted some advice on how to go about things. The taken king is 20 dollars and includes the previous expansions according to the xbox store.

So, should I start off with that and get ROI later? I imagine either way I'm going to be a bit overwhelmed as I haven't played in so long and will have to learn about all the new stuff and how they work. Anyway, just looking on some advice on how to get back into it, go for all the stuff at once, or take it easy? Thanks meow.

At 347 now and my blues have stagnated at 340 for some reason. All my slots are pretty good except I can get any kind of heavy infusion fuel. If I'm not using the horn my level drops around 5 easy

Speaking of the horn the nerf (which I never really noticed), it hits the sweet spot of annoying-ness. Majors always just live after taking a direct hit. RIP

The last mission during its questline was pretty tricky

lt519

So my crew is going to run the raid blind NEXT Friday around 6-8pm EST (still deciding on a start time). We need one more person that is willing to avoid spoilers and go in blind with us. If we can't complete it Friday we'll attempt to finish it on Sunday.

We're doing it next Friday so we don't have to grind super hard this week to get to the right LL.

Anyone interested?

molnizzle

ok so I still have my armsday packages from like 10 months ago in my inventory, is there a resource where I can check if any of them are good rolls this week? I'm obviously out of the loop so I'm not even sure which perks are good now.

It's rough but doable if you're not too underleveled. We had two people focus on the priest and I kited the ogre around the lower end column. Just kept taking him back and forth while the other two worked down the boss with Zhalo. The shanks are the most annoying part because they don't freaking miss lol

Have you tried the Nightfall yet? I told myself that once I get to 358 I'd give it a go.

I'm using a Zhalo, Arc Sniper, and Arc Machine Gun in the Heroic Playlist and absolutely shredding at 354 LL.

Edit: Woah, when I quoted you it just had your LL, I see you edited.

Edit 2 : Or I'm just an idiot and quoted the wrong post.

I've beat the Archon Forge a few times, but didn't get any prizes. Is there something I'm missing? And I've opened a few terminals connected to laser fences, but there wasn't much inside. One made had an ax inside, but there wasn't anything to use it on. The other just led me back to the artillery and I couldn't find anything too special (I think I found a SIVA cluster).

I feel like I'm doing stuff wrong.

ok so I still have my armsday packages from like 10 months ago in my inventory, is there a resource where I can check if any of them are good rolls this week? I'm obviously out of the loop so I'm not even sure which perks are good now.

I dunno

The new faction package weapons appear to have better roll potential and the gunsmith weapons only start at 320 now

Not even sure Im going to bother with the Gunsmith until they revamp him

Deku Tree

How the fuck is Gothalian 365. Has he slept?

He plays all day every day. A lot of people who never stopped doing the weekly routine collected a massive amount of of materials. Motes of light, weapons parts from glimmer, heavy synth from strange coins, etc. Those materials can be converted into faction rep. Faction rank ups give you VERY SLOW LL progress. If you have a massive amount of materials and you are willing to sit in the tower holding square for your whole life, then you can increase your LL a lot.

That and also playing strikes for hours and hours and hours.

Anyone know where I can buy a fusion rifle atm?

Talk to the Vanguard Outfitter in the Tower, in the same building as Dead Orbit and Future War Cult. He's got a bunch of nice new weapons for sale, including a decent new fusion rifle.

The rolls on the sniper & hand cannon seem pretty special though. The scout's not bad either.

MechDX

I've beat the Archon Forge a few times, but didn't get any prizes. Is there something I'm missing? And I've opened a few terminals connected to laser fences, but there wasn't much inside. One made had an ax inside, but there wasn't anything to use it on. The other just led me back to the artillery and I couldn't find anything too special (I think I found a SIVA cluster).

I feel like I'm doing stuff wrong.

I got an assassination bounty and it made me go into a room with a fallen walker that was protected by a laser fence that I had to use a key on. What happens if you dont have a key? Just abort the mission?

Dumb game mechanic if that is the case

He plays all day every day. A lot of people who never stopped doing the weekly routine collected a massive amount of of materials. Motes of light, weapons parts from glimmer, heavy synth from strange coins, etc. Those materials can be converted into faction rep. Faction rank ups give you VERY SLOW LL progress. If you have a massive amount of materials and you are willing to sit in the tower holding square for your whole life, then you can increase your LL a lot.

True. I saw Triplewreck had like 2000+ heavy synths and he was just sitting there ranking up DO.

I got an assassination bounty and it made me go into a room with a fallen walker that was protected by a laser fence that I had to use a key on. What happens if you dont have a key? Just abort the mission?

Dumb game mechanic if that is the case

Even worse, I had a scanning mission in the same spot. I beat the walker and followed the point, which was right on the pit that led to the final battle. Drop down, and and look around, can't see any objective markers. Eventually I found it at the top of the hole I just fell from. It was the fucking door to the pit I needed to scan.

And there's no way back up.

If you have a pdx 45 package hes selling a semi god roll with PB/CB/SB. Although it has the spo 26 sights that thing will still be a beast in crucible. God roll would have been SPO 28 with PB/CB/RB.

I keep reading about tiers for weapon perks, is there a list somewhere I can reference? I never know how good my perks are, when I should get rid of my duplicates, or when (if ever) I should use glass needles.

Zocano

Man I'm excited for a new raid.

I really hope they didn't neuter it too much mechanics wise. I expect something Crota's End scale which is fine. I liked Crota's End a good bit, bugs aside.

edit: It's a shame I don't like the Rise of Iron theme. The Taken King's main motif was amazing and striking when it dipped in to every story bit and the final Oryx fight.

Still could use some help, are any of these rolls worth keeping?

Also, have we reached a consensus on getting past 350 at this point?

First one looks interesting, but Full-Auto makes the gun unwieldy. YMMV.

Also, to get past 350, play Strikes, Crucible, Archon's Forge or Challenge of Elder's sigils.

How the fuck is Gothalian 365. Has he slept?

Yep. Another streamer who did a lot more engram hoarding hit 385 yesterday/this morning.

http://destinystatus.com/xbl/Gernader Jake

Top Bottom