• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT42| Embrace the Not-Knowing

guybrushfreeman

Unconfirmed Member
I don't want to keep going on about how disappointing Archon's Forge is but it's just crazy. Finally I get there and someone else is there, okay, great. They use one and I make it in, fantastic. I use one they stay, awesome. They use one, I stay. Another drops for me and I use it, great. Then, nothing. Yep nothing dropped for either of us so we just stopped and left. What's the point? It's just crazy, you can't get more than one at a time and they don't even reliably drop after completion so you can't keep going. So weird.

On top of that no loot dropped at all, even 3oC doesn't proc, so once I make it through the associated quests I guess I'll just never go there again.

Farside

Unconfirmed Member
eUxe3XDl.jpg

Two Relentless medals in this game. I love Supremacy, Rumble Supremacy not so much.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8ndzER4u4s

I LOVE Rumble Supremacy. LOVE IT!

PNiLCr5.gif

For some reason my sniper rifle went to 342 from a 341 infusion.

This is exactly the fun, friendly kind of thing that should be in here. They also allowed Blues to upgrade to Exotics. I got a Jade Rabbit from a Blue Special.

These are cool.( Especially if they're going to be so cruel with LL decryptions.)

Wallach

Well, I'm up to 345 now. It's definitely going to be a slow burn this time, and a lot harder on the Legendary Marks overall. I'm pretty okay with that just due to how I play, but I think there will be a grip of salty dudes who aren't going to be raid ready on Friday cruising Reddit and such.

The last Vanguard package I opened had a sweet Shadow Price in it with Spray & Play, Perfect Balance and Counterbalance. Good sights too. Been using it off and on with the Parthian Shot for general workhorse duty. It's a damn sight better than that Khvostov, that thing is at risk of being infusion food. Also had a really neat Y3 fusion come out of an engram (I think the Vanguard one) which rolled great, and has Counterbalance which I have never seen before on a fusion, and crunches the bolt spread really vertically instead of round-ish. It came up void so I've been using it to fuck up Splicer captains since they're tall enough that even from kind of stupid ranges they'll eat all the bolts.

Really like the changes to Strike loot. I haven't gotten into heroics yet but the amount of drops per boss bodes well for farming the playlist. Plus the Skeleton Key deal is way better for target farming drops, I may actually get a Grasp of Malok now. Have gotten two of those keys so far, used one on the new strike (which gave me a really high impact Fallen sniper), and I'm sitting on the other one for the next time Omnigul comes around.

One thing I haven't enjoyed so much is the Archon Forge. Why can you only hold one of the SIVA offerings? At 340 I got a 360 offering drop; if I didn't have the companion app to stuff it in my vault, it would have been a pretty lame decision as to what to do with it. Seems like it really hurts the random pick-up capability of it compared to the deal on the Dreadnaught. The actual encounters there in the forge aren't so hot either, though I've only been able to try the 320 and 340 offerings. If the Light climb hadn't gotten steeper with RoI I'm not sure the Forge would be getting much play at all right now.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Also had a really neat Y3 fusion come out of an engram (I think the Vanguard one) which rolled great, and has Counterbalance which I have never seen before on a fusion, and crunches the bolt spread really vertically instead of round-ish. It came up void so I've been using it to fuck up Splicer captains since they're tall enough that even from kind of stupid ranges they'll eat all the bolts.
That sounds grand. Happen to remember the name of the fusion so I can keep an eye out?

Wallach

That sounds grand. Happen to remember the name of the fusion so I can keep an eye out?

I just pulled it up on the iPad. It's called Ex Astris, definitely the Vanguard one though I don't know what the vendor one rolled like. This one is a high charge rate fusion, 4 shot mag. Looking at mine I'm using Spray & Play, Smallbore and Counterbalance. It rolled with Accelerated Coils too but because of the base 4 mag, Smallbore doesn't actually reduce it any, and the base reload on this is already high even without Spray & Play so that doesn't matter much.

Zakalwe

Banned
Did they update the Forge? I thought you couldn't enter with random pubs, but I just ran into a group and completed a few runs without joining a fire team.

Ok, I actually retract my previous statement on the Khvostov. Ramped up the stability to maximum and put it on full auto at 900 rpm. It's a buzzsaw; kills enemies quickly, feels satisfying to use and is overall a great auto rifle. Being an auto rifle junkie, I'll be switching between this and Zhalo as my main.

However, it's a below-average pulse rifle and an VERY subpar scout rifle. As long as you treat this thing as what it's supposed to be.....an actual automatic weapon.....and you enjoy auto rifles, you'll probably love it.

Plus it looks cool.

spyder_ur

Seems like it is Silly to use Strike keys before you hit 365. Since Strike loot goes up to 385. Use the keys to go above 365.

But if you're chasing 365 and looking to raid, that will likely be your main source of light level progression. Plus you will get more, so I don't really think it's a bad move to use them now instead of later when those incremental LL boosts are more valuable.

I completed almost all the new missions except for the Iron Horn. All I need are 4 more of the SIVA fragments. Are they fairly easy to find or should I just look them up?

They're not that hard to find, but yeah just look them up I think. You can find either 3 or 4 of the 5 you need in one ROI mission.

lionelhutz

I've been playing Destiny as a hunter since launch and always feel like I have to relearn the game when an expansion is released. I've been using the Hung Jury scout rifle since TTK and I'm anxious to level my exotics, but I also don't want to waste exotic shards. I'm mid 320's now and that seems a bit low to start leveling my hand cannon exotics. Any thoughts on what makes the most sense for exotics and any other good, primary, legendary weapons to look for?

Reposting for the new page. Just looking for thoughts on when to upgrade exotics weapons.

Requiem

So I found out I will have off on Friday and I'd like to organize a blind Xbox raid this Friday at 2PM EST. I'd like if everyone get as close to 360 light as possible (353-355 minimum). Sign up below with your GT's

1. RequieM1911

I'm putting aside about 4 hours to raid. Hopefully we can make some nice progress in that time.

SheHateMe

Just bumping this; a little over 2 hours left for the Raffle!

ModBot said:
Instructions for SheHateMe:

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Discount key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (SheHateMe, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current DGAF thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

gxXVQrt.png

Destiny Moments Of Triumph Shirt Discount Code -- MB-E623276B329AB7CA - Taken by electroflame. 7 entrants total.

t1474484575z1.png

Reposting for the new page. Just looking for thoughts on when to upgrade exotics weapons.

You're better off leveling one legendary to as high a level as you can and then using drops at that level to infuse others. Unless you have a lot of exotic shards, infusing exotics over and over is very wasteful.

MechDX

You're better off leveling one legendary to as high a level as you can and then using drops at that level to infuse others. Unless you have a lot of exotic shards, infusing exotics over and over is very wasteful.

Good thought. Started ROI yesterday and still lean on my Zhalo a bunch so I do infuse that. Minimum 5 LL to do it though

Yeah it's a terrible decision that helps no one. A way to get around it is to move the offering to your vault. Find another offering. Move it to an alt. Then your other alt. Then keep the 4th one on your main then you can do 4 in a row, and you'll likely also get an extra one or two from the Forge itself.

It's dumb you have to circumvent it like that but it works.

I had moved a couple of offerings to my alts, but then I had a purple offering drop. I'm too weak to use and that's clogging up my vault slot now. I'm going to have to delete the green offering I have on one alt, the. move the purple offering to them, so then the way is clear so I can move the blue offering from my other alt to my main. It's like the tower of Hanoi moving these things around.

lionelhutz

Thanks. That's what I've been doing. I keep leveling my Hung Jury since it's my #1 primary. I have 11 exotic shards and a bunch of exotics in the vault to dismantle, but it still feels like a waste to use them at such a low light level. Maybe I'll wait until I'm around the NF level to get the most out of the exotic gear and drops.

So, is CoE irrelevant now?

Well

Considering you can complete the bounties with the lvl 41 prison

Though depending on how you look at it CoE might still be beneficial to farm engrams and i think it gives bigger rep gains that 41 Prison

I dont think the CoE packages decrypt at higher light but im not sure

The drops still go up to 365, actually.

Rank Packages i know for sure they do but Im not sure about SIGIL packages

Zocano

They do but if you are at 350 light then the rank packages fall into that 50% chance system, both my packages were at 351, I was 350 LL at the time.

Who cares about that, though, all the blues still drop past 350 in Heroic Strikes. I imagine the same applies to CoE.

There still doesn't seem to be a PvE weapon that can even touch my Triple Tap, Extended Mag, Firefly, Hung Jury that I got the first week of TTK. I love the thing so I'm not really complaining. Wish I could ornament it though. My screen has had the exact same gun on it for so long now.

ACR0019

Considering the stability rating I might switch to FWC and shoot for getting The Wounded

Still wouldnt mind snagging a Keystone at some point to give it a spin

Is The Wounded a good archetype? I've had two roll for me thus far and I'm not sure if I should keep them.

Is The Wounded a good archetype? I've had two roll for me thus far and I'm not sure if I should keep them.

Well its VERY close in stats to my current workhorse

The Full Auto Suros DIS 43

Which I love

So I imagine The Wounded will feel right at home in my hands if I can get a good roll on it

ViciousDS

Banned
There's a few xbox players here and we try to help each other as we're in the minority.

You can add me GT Djredline

I'm UK timezone.

you already take the few.....and spread us out even further lol

You in the wrong time zone man!!!!

I'll probably see you weekends noonish my time if I get on that early lol.

Maybe us xbox players should just make a discord for ourselves here......would help a lot looking for groups as the majority here is PS4, hard to sort through everything.

Get all excited for a post and......they are grouping for the other system lol

void666

Banned
The drops still go up to 365, actually.

Well

Considering you can complete the bounties with the lvl 41 prison

Though depending on how you look at it CoE might still be beneficial to farm engrams and i think it gives bigger rep gains that 41 Prison

I dont think the CoE packages decrypt at higher light but im not sure

Rank Packages i know for sure they do but Im not sure about SIGIL packages

Good enough. I enjoy doing CoE. When trickle is not a modifier of course.

Top Bottom