• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT42| Embrace the Not-Knowing

I keep reading about tiers for weapon perks, is there a list somewhere I can reference? I never know how good my perks are, when I should get rid of my duplicates, or when (if ever) I should use glass needles.

Would also like to know.

A lot of it is just the informal meta that the community has internalized. You can search Crucible Playbook for some posts that go into detail about rolls, like this hand cannon one from last year.

Everyone has different ratings, but there's general alignment. Ask here if you have specific questions.

Trakan

How the fuck is Gothalian 365. Has he slept?

The progression really isn't as bad as everyone is saying if you do heroic strikes. The blues you get at the end will progress all the way up into the 360s and can drop ghosts. You can also get legendaries from the skeleton keys that drop to your level.

Xion385

The progression really isn't as bad as everyone is saying if you do heroic strikes. The blues you get at the end will progress all the way up into the 360s and can drop ghosts. You can also get legendaries from the skeleton keys that drop to your level.
I thought blues were capped at 340 light?

Still could use some help, are any of these rolls worth keeping?

Depends on your intended use. I think the third roll is unspectacular in general. For PvE the second roll could be pretty solid with extended mag and triple tap. The first roll is okay. Crowd control is decent, but I don't know how helpful full auto is on such a slow RoF scout to begin with. You may want to tog around with it to see if you like it.

Depends on your intended use. I think the third roll is unspectacular in general. For PvE the second roll could be pretty solid with extended mag and triple tap. The first roll is okay. Crowd control is decent, but I don't know how helpful full auto is on such a slow RoF scout to begin with. You may want to tog around with it to see if you like it.

I have one with full auto and the fatebringer outlaw/firefly combo. It's still not as good as my hung jury in pve.It's also a turd in pvp compared to mida.

Full auto is nice on the fingers for bosses though.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Hello, so I haven't played destiny in probably well over a year or so, and haven't bought any DLC. I've been having the urge to play again recently, so just wanted some advice on how to go about things. The taken king is 20 dollars and includes the previous expansions according to the xbox store.

So, should I start off with that and get ROI later? I imagine either way I'm going to be a bit overwhelmed as I haven't played in so long and will have to learn about all the new stuff and how they work. Anyway, just looking on some advice on how to get back into it, go for all the stuff at once, or take it easy? Thanks meow.
I think there's something called like the complete collection or something in that vein that would get you everything for cheaper, anyway?
I keep reading about tiers for weapon perks, is there a list somewhere I can reference? I never know how good my perks are, when I should get rid of my duplicates, or when (if ever) I should use glass needles.
Would also like to know.
Well, Glass Needles don't work/do anything for weapons at all.

When it comes to weapon perks, are you the type that wants to min-max/be sure you're running the absolute most effective meta weapons? If so, we don't have a real list including all the new perks that spells out what you're asking for yet- a bunch of new stuff was just added to the pool so it will take a little bit.

If not, just read the descriptions and keep the ones that suit your playstyle, and delete. or infuse duplicates.

Lima

I mean if people are 385 already then they kind of have to, no?

No they go up to 365. After that you only rank up by getting stuff from skeleton key chests, faction packages and exotic engrams. Legendary engrams are useless as well other than the slight chance that you get an artifact out of one.

Honestly though once you are 365 just stop and play the other characters tbh. At 365 you hit the recommended light for the raid. The people at 385 will most likely not even get anything from the raid that increases their light. Like what's the point.

I think there's something called like the complete collection or something in that vein that would get you everything for cheaper, anyway?

Well, Glass Needles don't work/do anything for weapons at all.

When it comes to weapon perks, are you the type that wants to min-max/be sure you're running the absolute most effective meta weapons? If so, we don't have a real list including all the new perks that spells out what you're asking for yet- a bunch of new stuff was just added to the pool so it will take a little bit.

If not, just read the descriptions and keep the ones that suit your playstyle, and delete. or infuse duplicates.

Do we know if there's a 1KS archetype in the new pool?

OK the fact that when you fight Sepiks Perfected they play a metal remix of that battle theme is the single coolest fucking thing I've seen out of Destiny in a long while.

It makes that fight straight up epic

Owensboro

No they go up to 365. After that you only rank up by getting stuff from skeleton key chests, faction packages and exotic engrams. Legendary engrams are useless as well other than the slight chance that you get an artifact out of one.

Honestly though once you are 365 just stop and play the other characters tbh. At 365 you hit the recommended light for the raid. The people at 385 will most likely not even get anything from the raid that increases their light. Like what's the point.

I'd assume they're trying to get to the highest light level possible so that they can do full damage to whatever the final boss is, since it's going to be above the recommended light level.

Lima

I'd assume they're trying to get to the highest light level possible so that they can do full damage to whatever the final boss is, since it's going to be above the recommended light level.

Not like you can't do it below it though.

I mean they already said that is is going to be a lot less technical.

Deku Tree

It is supposedly confirmed that 385 is max LL before the HM raid comes out so that is basically confirmed that your not gonna get anything from NM higher than 385.

Although some people supposedly have already gotten 386 and 387 LL stuff somehow.

ViciousDS

Banned
At work atm

but Xbox One GAF users I setup a discord for us

quote to see the invite link, it doesn't expire so if need be you can pm folks this link

At work atm

but Xbox One GAF users I setup a discord for us

quote to see the invite link, it doesn't expire so if need be you can pm folks this link

We actually have a Destiny GAF discord already with ~250 members. You're welcome to join! PM me if you want an invite link.

I have one with full auto and the fatebringer outlaw/firefly combo. It's still not as good as my hung jury in pve.It's also a turd in pve compared to mida.

Full auto is nice on the fingers for bosses though.

Seems about what I'd expect. I think the higher impact low RoF scouts probably are overkill on too many enemies to be optimal outside of shooting majors and bosses.

Also of note, Event Horizon from the Crucible Vendor is Spindle tier, and apparently quite a nice roll, though I don't have it yet.

Not a huge fan of that tier, but if it's a different element than the spindle, I could see it being useful in some encounters. I'll add that to my list if I need to burn marks.

Or just continue on with your main character and take the rewards/drops and infuse your other characters up to 365+ LL much more quickly.

Bannerfall mission on the Gallerhorn quest line was pretty good. For some reason I actually love missions set on the PvP maps.

So true. I liked the skywatch part too. Although mine felt like it glitched or something. I got pushed back into the room and the counter stopped. I eventually must have killed the waves and stepped out where the counter started again and I just waited around for a couple of minutes with nothing to do.

Anyway, I would be happy with a $20 remix expansion in the spring using PvP maps and patrols. Maybe some of the larger raid rooms. The Kings Fall jumping puzzle with shooting!

MrDaravon

Is the Vanguard Devil You Know HC any good? Got one with Reinforced barrel. It rolled Underdog and Reactive Reload which are kinda eh, but having a hard time finding opinions on most vendor stuff right now other than people going apeshit over a couple select items (DO Scout and Shotgun etc).

Also going into RoI at ~325 with not capped marks has kind of sucked because I need Marks to infuse the blues I'm getting, and I'm going to run out of Marks sooner rather than later lol. This also prevents me from stashing Marks to buy vendor gear, although I suppose I could just not infuse anything and save 100% of all my Marks and scrap legendaries to just buy 350 stuff.

Edit: Ooh, got a The Wounded from a FWC rank up that seems pretty good? No Firefly, but rolled:

Red Dot-ORA2/Focus Lens FLA5/OEG
Armor Piercing Rounds/Full Auto
Perfect Balance/Outlaw
Hidden Hand

Does someone maybe have a link to something explaining the exact perks/stats you want for each type of weapon or something along those lines? I feel more lost than ever in terms of determining if stuff is good or not.

owlbeak

Is the Vanguard Devil You Know HC any good? Got one with Reinforced barrel. It rolled Underdog and Reactive Reload which are kinda eh, but having a hard time finding opinions on most vendor stuff right now other than people going apeshit over a couple select items (DO Scout and Shotgun etc).

Also going into RoI at ~325 with not capped marks has kind of sucked because I need Marks to infuse the blues I'm getting, and I'm going to run out of Marks sooner rather than later lol. This also prevents me from stashing Marks to buy vendor gear, although I suppose I could just not infuse anything and save 100% of all my Marks and scrap legendaries to just buy 350 stuff.

I wouldn't infuse anything yet. Just keep equipping your high level blues for now when decrypting or when you are about to get rewards until you hit at least 350 is what I read to do.

Edit: Ooh, got a The Wounded from a FWC rank up that seems pretty good? No Firefly, but rolled:

Red Dot-ORA2/Focus Lens FLA5/OEG
Armor Piercing Rounds/Full Auto
Perfect Balance/Outlaw
Hidden Hand

Does someone maybe have a link to something explaining the exact perks/stats you want for each type of weapon or something along those lines? I feel more lost than ever in terms of determining if stuff is good or not.

Don't bother to infuse the blues until at least 340. Just wear them and live with bad int/dis and reload.

Top Bottom