• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT42| Embrace the Not-Knowing

Doberu

Loving the this expansion. It took me away from Legion. Already hit Rank 6 in the Iron Lords book. Those Iron Days gear are pretty good for Alts.

Strider

Yea just did the Bannerfall mission... pretty good. The music during the captain fight
dac15_fantastic.gif

Captain also dropped me an exotic engram which turned into a 4th Horseman. Higher LL than the other one I had so I can at least dismantle that one for a shard.

shermas

The gondola part of the first mission was cool, but would it be faster/more space agey to just FLY to the top of the mountain? You know, instead of getting dropped out of our ship so we could hop in a big metal box hanging by a string... :p

Thanks to whoever threw me into a DestinyGAF clan! :D

DestinyGAF47 though? Damn. What's the size per clan? Should I have joined a GAF West Coast clan instead, or do we not have regional clans?

Also, still not sure about how to get into the Discord.

Edit: Scratch that. I figured out how to use the "search thread" feature.

351 on 2 chars now. Alt became 350 immediately from infusing extras and then 351 from 2 faction rank ups (lucky). But damn, soooo slow after 350.

Vic_Viper

Anyone know where the last Iron Medallion is in the Wretched Eye strike? Or mind helping me get it? I found the first one easily but couldnt get the second one to show up.

PS4 SN: Squadon
LL 335

X-Frame

How do Public Events work in Plaguelands if you are going back into the Cosmodrone?

Do the usual PE's spawn in the Cosmodrone? Does the new Plagueland areas have their own PE's?

Anyone know where the last Iron Medallion is in the Wretched Eye strike? Or mind helping me get it? I found the first one easily but couldnt get the second one to show up.

PS4 SN: Squadon
LL 335
All of the Iron Medallions are located in areas you can reach from either the social hub or the patrol alone? Unless I'm confused?

How do Public Events work in Plaguelands if you are going back into the Cosmodrone?

Do the usual PE's spawn in the Cosmodrone? Does the new Plagueland areas have their own PE's?
You can't reach the Cosmodrone from the Plaguelands. They're separate areas. From space, you launch into the Plaguelands patrol, or you launch into the Cosmodrone patrol.

void666

Banned

The cosmodrome that is part of the plaguelands is separate from the original cosmodrome. There are some old areas but the rest is blocked by closed doors, snow, rubble, etc. Plaguelands specific public events spawn in this version of the cosmodrome as well.

From memory the areas are breach, divide, rocketyard, dock 13, and the areas leading to sepiks assault.

theres 2 in the Wretched Eye Strike
I'm thinking of the Iron Medallions needed for the Gjallarhorn. There's 7, and they're all obtainable solo, 1 in social hub, and 6 in Plaguelands patrol.

Edit: It looks like there's more or something? What are they for?

Oh wow nvm you can get the other 2 in the plaugelands. in the guide I was using it said they were in the strike. I guess you can get them either way, my bad.
That's a relief. I thought for a second I was going to have to find more of them or something.

Vic_Viper

Oh wow nvm you can get the other 2 in the plaugelands. in the guide I was using it said they were in the strike. I guess you can get them either way, my bad.

loki 16

I have done some heroic strikes and they have not counted towards the 20 on the book. I'm I missing something? Also what are the fastest ways to level up the book to get the armor?

I have done some heroic strikes and they have not counted towards the 20 on the book. I'm I missing something? Also what are the fastest ways to level up the book to get the armor?
There are SIVA strikes and Heroic SIVA strikes. Pretty sure you have to do the regular ones which are in the strike playlist. It's kind of dumb.

So is the Last-Ditch 001 shotgun any good? I have one with:
  • Aggressive Ballistics
  • Extended Mag/Hip Fire
  • Hammer Forged/Kneepads
  • Rangefinder

You need smooth ballistics to make it max range. With smooth and hammerforged its the same range and impact as PC+1 but it loses out at range because it doesn't have aggressive

Its ok but PC+1 and Matador are what you need

Very good. It has more base range, and I think more base impact, than the Matador. But it also has CT-D levels of RoF iirc.

It has the same base range and impact as Matador (no upgrades) but it cannot roll rifled/reinforced, so with aggressive it will only have 29 range (conspiracy is 31, PC and Matador are 32). You need to have max range and max impact with aggressive as the drop off will leave them with a sliver without

It has the same base range and impact as Matador (no upgrades) but it cannot roll rifled/reinforced, so with aggressive it will only have 29 range (conspiracy is 31, PC and Matador are 32). You need to have max range and max impact with aggressive as the drop off will leave them with a sliver without
Huh, didn't know this. Especially the rifled and reinforced part.

Meh, it will probably just be easier and less expensive to just farm for Matador.

Rainmaker

Banned
I absolutely love the aesthetic and artistic direction this expansion takes. It's the first time Destiny has really felt like what that original concept art looked like. A true fusion of fantasy and sci-fi. Everything from the armor designs to the music to the areas you are going to.

Bungie if by some slim chance you read this please push more in this direction for Destiny 2 aesthetically

Agree 1,000,000 %

SaganIsGOAT

aww man. I thought the entire Cosmodrome had been changed to the new winter theme. Kinda bummed cause I wanted to check out the Forgotten shore but couldn't make it past Dock 13 :(

In the last 24 hours I have had 2 Legendary Engrams turn Exotic. In the previous 2 years I think that happened once for me. RNGESUS be praised.

Speaking of which, one was Heavy Machine gun Nemesis Star, anyone know if it's any good?

I have a feeling that the story lines of D2 are gonna be pretty obvious with all the stuff that's happened throughout D1. I can name three possible story lines off the top of my head for D2 and it's future expansions. Vanilla, TTK, and sort of RoI all have story lines that could easily continue in D2. Hopefully they get executed well if they happen because they could be cool.

Vanilla: where's the Stranger at? It would be nice if she finally got the time to explain....
XD

TTK: that distress signal to the cabal empire made it pretty obvious that that is going to be a thing.

RoI:
theyre continuing to make it seem like we will get a story that completely revolves around Rasputin because he was involved in the SIVA epidemic that got the iron lords killed.

It would be cool if they actually at least brought back the Stranger and continued that story. Seems pretty stupid to waste the entire launch story, or at least, a major part of it. Make the Traveler important again!

Zakalwe

Banned
I absolutely love the aesthetic and artistic direction this expansion takes. It's the first time Destiny has really felt like what that original concept art looked like. A true fusion of fantasy and sci-fi. Everything from the armor designs to the music to the areas you are going to.

Bungie if by some slim chance you read this please push more in this direction for Destiny 2 aesthetically

I'm with you on everything but the armour. The medieval aesthetic is almost as bad as the monster aesthetic from the hive inspired raids.

More straight-up sci-fi, please. Slick, futuristic looking gear. I'd love to see more weapons and armour that are sleek without all the pointless tubing, and pouches, and extraneous lopsided elements.

The hunter raid armour looks more in this direction.

Aside from that, I fully agree. The game looks incredible.

Why does my book say I have 6 archon forge victories but my shiro bounty still says 0?

have I just not gotten the shank specific encounter ?

lt519

So my crew is going to run the raid blind NEXT Friday around 6-8pm EST (still deciding on a start time). We need one more person that is willing to avoid spoilers and go in blind with us. If we can't complete it Friday we'll attempt to finish it on Sunday.

We're doing it next Friday so we don't have to grind super hard this week to get to the right LL.

Anyone interested?

...still looking.

Why does my book say I have 6 archon forge victories but my shirt bounty still says 0?

Bounties are for specific types of Forge events, like Shanks, Captains, Dregs, or Vandals.

I'm with you on everything but the armour. The medieval aesthetic is almost as bad as the monster aesthetic from the hive inspired raids.

More straight-up sci-fi, please. Slick, futuristic looking gear. I'd love to see more weapons and armour that are sleek without all the pointless tubing, and pouches, and extraneous lopsided elements.

The hunter raid armour looks more in this direction.

Aside from that, I fully agree. The game looks incredible.

Blue gear is still the best looking in the game

PS_Messages_20160921_201724.jpg

Top Bottom