• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT42| Embrace the Not-Knowing

I really hope that the new raid is at least half of what VoG was. Haven't had a fun raid in over a year and it's been really lame. I feel like it's gonna be as good aesthetically if the few SIVAfied areas were any indication. Especially the last mission.

Light level grind is so bad, most casuals may give up before they even enter the raid.

It's even worse when you don't have a lot of spare time to game. I don't care about the raid, but I do want to be Iron Banner ready. Achieving 385 seems to be doable without it, so I'm good.

Strider

is there a good guide for the 5 quickest/easiest siva clusters for the gally quest?

Gonna hop on in like an hour and knock that part out first... Then wwill probably run some Supremacy 6v6

Zocano

That's exclusive to that strike. They all have the same perks. It's a decent PvE gun, but I'm not feeling the scope. It's a bit too zoomed in. It's a shame because I really dig the Fallen aesthetic.

I have really bad luck with Artifacts. I have 1 Skeleton Key, so here's hoping that I can get one tonight.

You can get it from Sepiks Perfected as well.

DjRalford

Another 5 legendary engrams and 1 exotic and I still don't get anything higher than the 350 I am already, they need to sort the light level increase rates, an exotic engrams should give at least a 2 or 3 light boost over your current level, not drop at the same level!

ryseing

Anyone doing the gjallahorn bannerfell mission?

Edit: did it, had to bob and weave solo.

For the final mission there's an easy cheese where you sit on the racks. I highly recommend doing so.

Slowly catching up in LL. I'm ~340 right now depending on equipment and about to start doing heroic strikes. Probably won't be ready for Friday but whatever.

How do I get some of these ornaments for my guns?

Radiant Treasures (one per week per character for doing a heroic strike) Xur will also sell then for Silver dust (the currency you get from dismantling said Ornaments). You also get a small quantity of silver dust in every Radiant Treasure.

soultron

Banned
Hit 350 today. Hoping to do NF tomorrow and maybe some HM ROI story missions (for the progress book item for 10 HM missions) to break above 350. Goal is to be 360 for Friday's raid.

The thread moves fast & it's easy to miss.

If you need a discord invite, PM me.

Hit 350 today. Hoping to do NF tomorrow and maybe some HM ROI story missions (for the progress book item for 10 HM missions) to break above 150. Goal is to be 360 for Friday's raid.

Don't forget about Challenge of Elder sigils! They give up to 365!

shermas

Was just looking over some database stuff and I noticed that The Wounded can roll Outlaw/Firefly. Time to grind FWC packages.

My main dude is with FWC and I've had four Wounded drops so far. None with full auto or outlaw/firefly. I have three of them on my guy, though... Trying to decide which roll I like the most.

The Beauty in Delivery quest in the Cosmodrome is seriously pissing me off. Anyone have any tips as to how to defend that spot when theres huge massive waves of fallen
Don't stay right by your ghost, move around! There's a circle defining the area just like the Warsat event, and it's pretty big. Just hit and run; I ended up just going in a circle letting the mob come to me.

Zakalwe

Banned
The Beauty in Delivery quest in the Cosmodrome is seriously pissing me off. Anyone have any tips as to how to defend that spot when theres huge massive waves of fallen

All I did was spam heavy weapons and supers, it was the first time I experience frame drops in Destiny...

If you're stuck though you can cheese it. Stand in the room with your ghost, facing out kneel against he left side of the door. Get ready to shoot a few shanks and dregs who poke their noses in, but you can sit here until the repairs complete without worry.

Will old Radiant treasure produce ornaments? And is it one guaranteed per treasure?

I bought $20 worth of ornaments & here's what I got.

3x Truth Prototype
3x Trespasser Fallen Assissin (right after each other)
1x Monte Carlo Super Spy
1x Hawkmoon Carrion (the bloody one)
1x Zhalo Supercell Shock one
2x Wolf Howl sword wolves remember

I also got 1 silver dust for each ornament so equipping is not an issue. I also got 3x Days of Iron ornaments for Armor & several boosters.

Dismantling extras gives 5 silver dust. If you have a stack you can dismantle one at a time *without* splitting the stack.

So, alll tolled, that's 6 unique & 5 duplicates.

Hope hope that helps other folks. I appreciate that this expansion has just cosmetic microtransactions and they all look cool so I went ahead and invested.

I bought $20 worth of ornaments & here's what I got.

3x Truth Prototype
3x Trespasser Fallen Assissin (right after each other)
1x Monte Carlo Super Spy
1x Hawkmoon Carrion (the bloody one)
1x Zhalo Supercell Shock one
2x Wolf Howl sword wolves remember

I also got 1 silver dust for each ornament so equipping is not an issue. I also got 3x Days of Iron ornaments for Armor & several boosters.

Dismantling extras gives 5 silver dust. If you have a stack you can dismantle one at a time *without* splitting the stack.

So, alll tolled, that's 6 unique & 5 duplicates.

Hope hope that helps other folks. I appreciate that this expansion has just cosmetic microtransactions and they all look cool so I went ahead and invested.
Thanks for sharing what you got so far.

And Xur will sell ornaments as well right? For 1 silver dust?

Top Bottom