• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT42| Embrace the Not-Knowing

vin-buc

Hi Destiny GAF -
Feel kinda silly about posting this - but I have to. I'm really trying to do alot in Destiny but I have no one to do these things with. I have the Destiny app where you can "recruit" - it's been awful and I've had a really hard time finding more than ONE person to play with. Especially for Trials which I really want to play (finished 4 games and lost 1). Really want to see the lighthouse and I don't think i need to be carried (maybe).

I have a Titan (307) and Hunter (309). My light comes from finishing the story, very EASY strikes and Crucible. Never did a raid. I want my light higher, want good stuff like everyone else.

Sorry for community begging. Can anyone put me on? Help me!

PSN
VIN-BUC

Thanks!!

Hi Destiny GAF -
Feel kinda silly about posting this - but I have to. I'm really trying to do alot in Destiny but I have no one to do these things with. I have the Destiny app where you can "recruit" - it's been awful and I've had a really hard time finding more than ONE person to play with. Especially for Trials which I really want to play (finished 4 games and lost 1). Really want to see the lighthouse and I don't think i need to be carried (maybe).

I have a Titan (307) and Hunter (309). My light comes from finishing the story, very EASY strikes and Crucible. Never did a raid. I want my light higher, want good stuff like everyone else.

PSN
VIN-BUC

Thanks!!

You don't need to be apologetic. This is a pretty welcoming community. Just post about a specific event you want to do and give a time, or jump in when someone else is looking for a fire team. People always need to round up help for certain spots. Be one of those who's willing to jump in & help, and your friends list will fill out pretty quickly.

JJShadow

Many thanks to glaurung, raindoc and robo (as well as robo's son and Yuhuu) for guiding and helping me on my first King's Fall raid, awesome job guys!! Special mention to glaurung for being such an incredible sherpa, really communicative, talkative and patient all the way through... I promise to get better on the jumping ships puzzle for next time haha

Geist-

Hi Destiny GAF -

PSN
VIN-BUC

Thanks!!

/r/fireteams is how I personally find groups for raids. It's a bit hit or miss, but generally I'm able to complete the Raid every week even if it takes a couple tries. Just go to new and message anyone LFMs.

GG Bungie. Great bladedancer tracking. :| They certainly need a nerf.
Nothing wrong with the arc blade tracking in Kadey's gif. The hunter hits her, but she's already got the armor from her super, so it doesn't kill her. The second slash misses because she's still moving backwards in the air, and out of range. They she just wrecks him before he can get in another hit.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
Nothing wrong with the arc blade tracking in Kadey's gif. The hunter hits her, but she's already got the armor from her super, so it doesn't kill her. The second slash misses because she's still moving backwards in the air, and out of range. They she just wrecks him before he can get in another hit.

It's difficult to tell precisely because the framerate of gifs, but I just think regardless, that second slash missing is kinda silly.

njd_online

Banned
Hey DGaf,

I haven't been lurking on here for a while and just have to say that I found the tribute and words about Drizzay to be very touching.

Its always sad to hear of someone taken before their time but its wonderful to see people respond in the way that they have. DGAF is a strong group and its nice to come here, honestly its made me want to interact with you guys more and I'll try to do that in the future.

Sounds like Drizzay was the true embodiment of a guardian. RIP, dude.

NastyBook

If I don't pass out when I get home, I plan on running CoE with all my characters, with fresh runs for both my Hunter and Warlock. Afterwards, I will just try to boss rush for stuff and Variks rep. Anybody is welcome to join me.

PSN: GibbShift

Again, this is all based on whether or not I'm even awake in the car by the time I get home.

sono

Gold Member
So my PS+ sub expired today. I was curious to see if Destiny would let me log in and to my surprise it did. So it seems all the single player stuff still works, but anything MP,Coop etc says "requirements not met". So a lot of the game is still playable. I had the impression that PS+ was required for all of Destiny..

If I don't pass out when I get home, I plan on running CoE with all my characters, with fresh runs for both my Hunter and Warlock. Afterwards, I will just try to boss rush for stuff and Variks rep. Anybody is welcome to join me.

Again, this is all based on whether or not I'm even awake in the car by the time I get home.

I'm down for a couple of runs. I want to get a Sigil done with my Hunter.

I'm game as well, for at least two cards, also for my hunter and warlock. Psn is same as gaf.

robo

Many thanks to glaurung, raindoc and robo (as well as robo's son and Yuhuu) for guiding and helping me on my first King's Fall raid, awesome job guys!! Special mention to glaurung for being such an incredible sherpa, really communicative, talkative and patient all the way through... I promise to get better on the jumping ships puzzle for next time haha

Glad you got it done, the next quest for the malice is best done with 2or 3. It's a bit hectic if your not careful.

Nice to see raindoc jump a few levels as well, over 300 now.

Yawnny

Hi all,

First, sorry for your recent loss, DestinyGAF.

I've never played Destiny but I have a friend who is still devoted to the game.
I've been following this game (and lurking on DestinyGAF) for quite some time but have never taken the plunge.

I hear with Destiny 2 one can transfer over they're Destiny character? Does this make jumping in to Destiny as a complete new player (although not new to strats, mechanics, etc.. from all types of games) still a wise option? I wouldn't want to invest too much time with all those hours going to waste if the sequel is going to turn it's nose up at anyone playing the original.

A you folks out there still encouraging to a PS4 player, such as myself, to jump in to orbit for the first time?

Regards,

Is there a place to view enemy models? I feel like in game you never get a good look at them.
There isn't unfortunately. I was just wishing there was a model viewer in the game this morning. So many really great designs, but it's hard to get a detailed look with knight swords and boomer shoots raining down on you while you try.

Trakan

Hi all,

First, sorry for your recent loss, DestinyGAF.

I've never played Destiny but I have a friend who is still devoted to the game.
I've been following this game (and lurking on DestinyGAF) for quite some time but have never taken the plunge.

I hear with Destiny 2 one can transfer over they're Destiny character? Does this make jumping in to Destiny as a complete new player (although not new to strats, mechanics, etc.. from all types of games) still a wise option? I wouldn't want to invest too much time with all those hours going to waste if the sequel is going to turn it's nose up at anyone playing the original.

A you folks out there still encouraging to a PS4 player, such as myself, to jump in to orbit for the first time?

Regards,

The Collection is a great time to jump in. Destiny 2 is over a year away, you have plenty of time to experience the game. You'll be able to transfer your character to the next game, yes. We don't know how weapons/armor will work. I'd definitely encourage you to join your friend and play.

Moments of Triumph left:
-Challenge Mode Calcified Fragments (Golgoroth, Oryx)

-King's Fall Raid Heroic

-Crucible Quest (9pts Elimination, then the last step The Mountaintop)

Meanwhile I still have exotic quest for No Time To Explain (Need the Eye of Atheon from VoG) and The Chaperone (on the Jolly Holiday portion of the quest) to complete.

Anyone up tonight that feels like helping with anything? VoG run would be nice for sure.

MrDaravon

Holy goddamn shit, are all of the super hardcore PvP people playing Rumble today or what? I've been doing pretty good all day in Crucible bouncing from mode to mode for the various Crucible quests, I get to the 4 points in Rumble part and every fucking game 3+ people in the room are goddamn fucking gods. In the match I just played I was literally 360 no-scoped by two different people, and another guy was somehow 2-shotting me with the MIDA 100% consistently which as I understand is impossible. Like, I'm not even getting 6 kills in an entire match with a Scout Rifle for a separate quest and I'm going like 0.3 K/D coming off of every mode where I'm going 1.5+ easily. What the goddamn fuck, none of the other modes have even remotely approached this, some teams will have one or two noticeably good players but that's been it so far. Are people just grinding for the 100 wins or what?

JJShadow

Glad you got it done, the next quest for the malice is best done with 2or 3. It's a bit hectic if your not careful.

Nice to see raindoc jump a few levels as well, over 300 now.

Yeah, it was a big boost in light level, jumped from 299 to 307 :)

aarcane

Just in case the lighthouse list gets round to me, I won't be on any more tonight. Downside of being UK-based and having to get up early for work. Hopefully I'll be around for a run next week (and that it's a map I like more than Pantheon).

To everyone helping out with the lighthouse runs: you're awesome.

MrDaravon

tumblr_n9307qUryR1txrzruo1_500.gif

DocSeuss

I need to beat challenge mode TODAY. Is anyone up for it? Gotta kill Warpriest and get my final fragment. This is my last chance, right?

Top Bottom