• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT42| Embrace the Not-Knowing

Farside

Unconfirmed Member
Does a Y1 Icebreaker have any value in RoI, as an infusion or an upgrade? or should I just dismantle it for the shards?

Zakalwe

Banned
Won't it be all Gally?

I love swords for crowd control too.

I prefer Sleeper Stimulant to Gally.

So that or my Raze Lighter, most likely. I may decide to bring my Lord of Wolves though, if so i'll take my C Dragon (3 in the tube, cluster bombs, max blast radius - it's pretty much an exotic).

I prefer Sleeper Stimulant to Gally.

So that or my Raze Lighter, most likely. I may decide to bring my Lord of Wolves though, if so i'll take my C Dragon (3 in the tube, cluster bombs, max blast radius - it's pretty much an exotic).

I quit right around the time SS released. I got it and then pretty much stopped playing until ROI released. I remember people liking it, but it was considered nothing super amazing for an Exotic heavy weapon (couldn't compare to the Gally we had recently lost for example) IIRC. Did something happen? We figure out a new use? Or was it always amazing and we just didn't fully realize it at the time?

chur

I quit right around the time SS released. I got it and then pretty much stopped playing until ROI released. I remember people liking it, but it was considered nothing super amazing for an Exotic heavy weapon (couldn't compare to the Gally we had recently lost for example) IIRC. Did something happen? We figure out a new use? Or was it always amazing and we just didn't fully realize it at the time?
It's not super amazing, but I think it's better than what we assumed at first. I think I might go with SS.

Zakalwe

Banned

It's a very good HW, unless it was buffed I don't know why people thought it wasn't.

Perhaps it was the Gally comedown.

Can't believe people got paid to make a gametype like Supremacy.

It's a wonderful new mode! :3

Honestly heaps of fun.

It's a very good HW, unless it was buffed I don't know why people thought it wasn't.

Perhaps it was the Gally comedown.
But if we have the Gally back...

Sorry I know it's a preference thing but are you saying you would just prefer to use SS because you like it, or do you think it can actually go head to head with the Gally in the raid for usefulness?

Sorry to nag, just wondering if I should get mine out of the vault and level it up.

Zakalwe

Banned
But if we have the Gally back...

Sorry I know it's a preference thing but are you saying you would just prefer to use SS because you like it, or do you think it can actually go head to head with the Gally in the raid for usefulness?

Sorry to nag, just wondering if I should get mine out of the vault and level it up.

The new Gally is inline with everything else, really you should bring what you want. There's no clear cut best any more, all the weapons being discussed are good enough.

Farside

Unconfirmed Member
Like both modes of Supremacy, but I'm pretty shit at solo (even though I got 1st place in the first match I've played). Team play is great as everyone tends to stay in the same vicinity-- I love sweeping in and collecting several crests after the dust settles.

Zocano

Hi, there

Cs_yfo5UAAAqsoz.jpg

Stupid question: What is omnigul farming?

a nightstalker hunter and a stormcaller warlock and anyone else run the omnigul strike, and at the mountain (with the ogre) right before the boss, when the boss appears at the bottom you tether omnigull so she doesn't move for 10 seconds, stormcaller super all the adds, and kill her with 3 swords (maybe 3 gallys?) before she teleports. If you do it right (don't kill the adds up the hill) her body drops 2 blues up to 365 (+x from your current light level) and then you just die right there, it respawns you with the ability to kill her again, over and over.

its the same thing people used to farm grasp of malok in taken king

Westonian

So I've been away from Destiny for awhile and I'm trying to clean up my outstanding quests from TK. Can anyone help me with the First Firewall mission? It's kicking my ass.

PSN WestonianB

zoodoo

a nightstalker hunter and a stormcaller warlock and anyone else run the omnigul strike, and at the mountain (with the ogre) right before the boss, when the boss appears at the bottom you tether omnigull so she doesn't move for 10 seconds, stormcaller super all the adds, and kill her with 3 swords (maybe 3 gallys?) before she teleports. If you do it right (don't kill the adds up the hill) her body drops 2 blues up to 365 (+x from your current light level) and then you just die right there, it respawns you with the ability to kill her again, over and over.

its the same thing people used to farm grasp of malok in taken king

Thanks!!!

So i cant do it alone?

Farside

Unconfirmed Member
So I've been away from Destiny for awhile and I'm trying to clean up my outstanding quests from TK. Can anyone help me with the First Firewall mission? It's kicking my ass.

PSN WestonianB

I'm off right now, but if you wanna run some stuff tomorrow afternoon EST, let me know. I'd be happy to help you clear some missions.

HMD

If you guys wanna farm Omnigul just do it on the LL320 version, it's so much easier and faster and you only need a tether and three 320+ solar swords.

I have a question, how the hell do you get artifacts? they're really holding me back.

Zakalwe

Banned
358. Stopping for now.

Not a bad day's work:

Lord of Wolves
Gally
Sleeper Stimulant (finally)

A bunch of almost god roll legendary weapons.

Even found a skullfort and a thunderlord hidden in some blue engrams!

Onward and upwards on Xurday!

nOoblet16

If you guys wanna farm Omnigul just do it on the LL320 version, it's so much easier and faster and you only need a tether and three 320+ solar swords.

I have a question, how the hell do you get artifacts? they're really holding me back.

You dont need 3 solar swords, you don't even need 3 swords.
I farmed with 2 diff teams both times with 1 raze lighter, 1 dark drinker and 1 ghorn (the ghorn was only for emergency and finishing shot in case things went south). First time we had a nighthawk, tether and WoL, second time we only had WoL and tether but we had an arclock to take care of adds allowing easy DPS. Both times we managed to take her down under 15 seconds consistently.

You can tether her to her back left and attack from back right pushing her to a corner away from cursed thralls and wizards. I am sure it can be done with 2 dark drinkers too if you don't have a raze lighter, since it does about 95% of single target damage of raze lighter, the only issue is that if she starts going up then there is a certain point where your dark drinker R2 won't hit her because she will be above you but once you get the thing down you won't ever have to bother about that.

X-Frame

358. Stopping for now.

Not a bad day's work:

Lord of Wolves
Gally
Sleeper Stimulant (finally)

A bunch of almost god roll legendary weapons.

Even found a skullfort and a thunderlord hidden in some blue engrams!

Onward and upwards on Xurday!

First blue engram I decrypted when RoI launched turned into Dunemarchers.

It's always amazing when a Blue turns into an exotic. We've come a long way from Legendary engrams decrypting into Blues 75% of the time!

RdN

Tips to getting a higher light level artifact!?

Still stuck at the 350 one...

Does Court of Oryx drops them at high light levels?

Top Bottom