• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT42| Embrace the Not-Knowing

Oh my god, I just dismantled my Warlock Days of Iron armor...
Is there any way to get the pieces again?
Yes you can get them as many times as you want from the book. Duplicates will be 3 LL.

It's actually possible to keep redeeming it until you get the stat roll you want (I.e. INT/DIS). The weapon/ammo perks are static so the gauntlets will always have hand cannon reloader for example.

How many brand new exotics have people found so far?
Each class seems to have a new pair of gauntlets and boots. Nemesis Star machine gun, Trespasser sidearm, Khostov auto rifle, and that mini Gally SIVA weapon that's been shown in a few vids and will probably be the raid weapon. Or maybe, these SIVA clusters will build that like with calcified frags and ToM. There's also a new exotic sword.

Any I'm missing?

Ah yeah, Gally and Thorn. Hard to forget those lol

How many brand new exotics have people found so far?

Most of them are tied to quests - Gjallarhorn, Thorn, Khvostov, Raid exotic pulse rifle and Young Wolf's Howl. They can't be obtained via engrams.

Only ones from engrams are Nemesis Star and Trespasser afaik.

As for exotic armor, there are 2 new ones from each class, 6 in total.

Just beat the Nightfall with Igor and Messiek, and Messiek got disconnected as the boss was killed, and the boss resurrected with full health.

FUCK

doubt I'm gonna be raid ready unless Xur comes through with high light gear to infuse with.

just to be clear when you cross 350 the main methods of progression are Omnigul strat, CoE and Archon's Forge?

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
doubt I'm gonna be raid ready unless Xur comes through with high light gear to infuse with.

just to be clear when you cross 350 the main methods of progression are Omnigul strat, CoE and Archon's Forge?

Best is to get 2 other people

Go to Sepiks Perfected Strike Level 320
Do it, super easy, once you learn the waves or different enemies that spawn, it becomes a cakewalk
You can do it in 10 minutes

Boss drop 2 blues, they go up to 365
The best thing though is you get 120 (132 due to class item vanguard boost +10%) Vanguard Rep and 60 Faction rep repeat

Get to 360+

Then go do CoO, do Eris till rank package, have 75% chance @ Artifact than can go to 365
Also do those bounties for just going to CoO area, you make a chunk of Rep doing them

Each class seems to have a new pair of gauntlets and boots. Nemesis Star machine gun, Trespasser sidearm, Khostov auto rifle, and that mini Gally SIVA weapon that's been shown in a few vids and will probably be the raid weapon. Or maybe, these SIVA clusters will build that like with calcified frags and ToM. There's also a new exotic sword.

Any I'm missing?

Ah yeah, Gally and Thorn. Hard to forget those lol

Most of them are tied to quests - Gjallarhorn, Thorn, Khvostov, Raid exotic pulse rifle and Young Wolf's Howl. They can't be obtained via engrams.

Only ones from engrams are Nemesis Star and Trespasser afaik.

As for exotic armor, there are 2 new ones from each class, 6 in total.

Ahh okay. Hoping there's more yet to be discovered

Muzicfreq

Banned
Khvostov Pulse rifle sooooo good
Modernized Scope
Burst Fire
Braced Frame
Rangefinder
900 RPM

Probably the best pulse rifle I ever used

Mindlog

Just did like a dozen back to back forge runs with some randoms and a group.

My LL is steadily ticking along, but now my artifact and ghost are holding me back pretty hard.

I'm 371 now. I'm good to go for tomorrow. Back to quests/book stuff and some PvP because I could use the infusion fodder for weapons.

I'm down to run a Supremacy train

MrDaravon

At 345 right now; since I'm playing solo I've been doing the Sepkis Prime strike for his blue drops since that seems the safest/faster route to get past 340 solo. Killing me only because I'm up to ~25 leg/exotic engrams I'm stashing, but I want to hit 350 before I start cracking those at least. Sepkis keeps just giving me a class item + one other type every run, and I already have a 350 cloak from the speaker lol.

Edit: Also is the Gjallerhorn quest supposed to be hard solo or am I just terrible (or both)? I got wrecked trying to do it solo earlier when you have to defuse the bombs.

Muzicfreq

Banned
What is this from The Khostov I have is an auto rifle.

YvwUwTB.jpg

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Gonna add CoO for rank packages to that post in terms of getting past the artifact barrier at 365.

Also I'm gonna post sign-ups for a blind raid tomorrow at 5:30pm, in a few minutes. Just looking for a chill atmosphere and Min LL 355. Have 4 spots.

Zocano

I'm perplexed as to why they made legendaries decode/drop at such at restrictive pace and yet the strike blues always drop +2-3 above up to 365.

Triz

At 345 right now; since I'm playing solo I've been doing the Sepkis Prime strike for his blue drops since that seems the safest/faster route to get past 340 solo. Killing me only because I'm up to ~25 leg/exotic engrams I'm stashing, but I want to hit 350 before I start cracking those at least. Sepkis keeps just giving me a class item + one other type every run, and I already have a 350 cloak from the speaker lol.

Edit: Also is the Gjallerhorn quest supposed to be hard solo or am I just terrible (or both)? I got wrecked trying to do it solo earlier when you have to defuse the bombs.

I did it solo, lots of running around in circles with enemies trailing.

MrDaravon

Why have I been getting the most sweaty matches of all fucking time today in the Crucible? I have won TWO matches since RoI came out lol. I've been stuck on the FWC faction item quest for over two weeks now because in that entire timespan I have won a total of 5 crucible matches. Fucking kill me now.

I am really genuinely sick of going into matchmaking solo and constantly being on a team of all solo randoms against a fireteam of 3-6 people. It happens fucking constantly, I don't care what Bungie says about that supposedly not being a thing.

Edit: I am seriously drowning in Cryptic Dragons from Crucible matches for some reason. Are these any good with good perks? Most of them have been crap, but just got one with Crowd Control, Explosive Rounds/Injection Mold/Rifled Barrel, Outlaw.

Shiv47

I guess I'm not doing the raid any time soon, as all this grinding to reach 360+ sounds like torture at this point. Oh well. The 0.04 percent is too hardcore for me.

I'm perplexed as to why they made legendaries decode/drop at such at restrictive pace and yet the strike blues always drop +2-3 above up to 365.

Just a small part of the big picture in getting players to play regularly. In this case it is all about making the player use Legendary Marks.

MrDaravon

I lost what what have been my second win a row by one crest. I seriously cannot win two matches in a row for the goddamn book completion. Unfuckingbelievable lol.

On the plus side the game took pity on me for this and I got a Matador 64 from Shaxx's weekly bounty (? Wasn't a quest). It also rolled seemingly pretty solid?

Linear Compensator/Accurized Ballistics/Soft Balilistics
Cascade
Lightweight/Rifled Barrel/Reinforced Barrel
Crowd Control

Assuming these are decent rolls (Cascade is new as far as I know, seems alright?) how does the new Matador 64 compare the Party Crasher? I've got a PC with good but not godtier rolls (IIRC Rifled Barrel but other perks are eh).

Wallach

That's what I have. Does one of the traits change it to pulse? Sorry don't have Destiny open right now.

As an old hardcore PR guy (who's lately swung more into ARs), I will say that the burst mode on the Khvostov is a little different than the firing cadence of a PR. The RPM setting on the Khvostov is what controls your firing rate regardless of whether you set the gun to full auto, burst or semi-auto firing modes. That is, if you have the gun in 450 RPM, burst fire will still put out up to 450 rounds per minute if you can pull the trigger fast enough.

As such the impact increases from switching to burst or semi-auto modes on the Khvostov are awful and really require you to blow out your finger to do comparable damage to full auto mode. This is what makes these two modes basically useless compared to actual PRs or Scouts, which get much larger impact increases in exchange for actual forced breaks between trigger pulls (even if they are small for the high ROF archetypes).

Right now the Khvostov only serves any use in full auto mode. Do not use it as a PR or Scout replacement because it does not suit those use cases in any capacity.

lt519

Ran AF with like six people tonight and the offerings were flowing. Was really fun, the 360 Captain events are still a challenge. One short of finishing that bounty, may try tomorrow and I'll have all the Iron Lord bounties done.

Progress after 350 seems to pick up, about 1-2 LL per hour. I often get blues and legendaries three LL higher, just a matter if they are the right equipment or not. Most strikes we can finish in 15 minutes or less now. Coordinated team of arc hunters with Zhalo , arc snipers, and gjally can really wreck shit.

Top Bottom