• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT42| Embrace the Not-Knowing

I look like a bag of skittles. FWC >>>>>>>>>> everything

Screenshot-Original.png

Zocano

Just a small part of the big picture in getting players to play regularly. In this case it is all about making the player use Legendary Marks.

I don't see how that involves the marks at all. Just run strikes for blues and you'll hit 365 in no time.

I'm at 364, should be raid ready enough. Unfortunately I won't be available at launch because I will be in class. Would there be a group willing to go any time past 4pm CST?

Lots of progress so far, Hunter went from 298 to 340 ll, with about, oh, 7 hours of total play.

Let me tell you though, I had my best ever streak of blues decrypting to purples, something like six today.

MrDaravon

Oh god real quick, I just turned in the Glory and the Taking of It quest and Shaxx is giving me the 3 weapon options; the Matador I just got is the same element with slightly better rolls so that's off the table, but what's better between the fusion rifle and sniper rifle?

Edit: Eh, multiple reddit threads indicate the rolls on all 3 are pretty meh, and they're only 320 so I'll just grab one and shard it.

Ha, got a Crucible rankup and I got a shitty Two to the Morgue (but was a slight LL upgrade for the time being at least) but also got an "Unbelievably Old Cloak" that looks fucking great and rolled good stats-wise. Once I'm done with this FWC quest totally using this thing.

I don't see how that involves the marks at all. Just run strikes for blues and you'll hit 365 in no time.

I'm at 364, should be raid ready enough. Unfortunately I won't be available at launch because I will be in class. Would there be a group willing to go any time past 4pm CST?

Well, yeah, that's the "efficient" way of doing it but I bet a lot of folks are infusing as they go and using up marks. I kind of went half way with this as a liked using my own gear along the way to maximize the fun factor.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Looking for patient chill scrubby people to check out the raid blind tomorrow at 5:30PM Eastern. Min LL 355. No other requirements, just want to throw ourselves at it and see what sticks. Not under any pressure to finish the thing, so if you are looking for a way to check it out and can deal with many wipes, I will do my best to keep morale high ;)

Quote this post for a spot

1. Hawk
2. Androo

Griffith

Banned
Looking for patient chill scrubby people to check out the raid blind tomorrow at 5:30PM Eastern. Min LL 355. No other requirements, just want to throw ourselves at it and see what sticks. Not under any pressure to finish the thing, so if you are looking for a way to check it out and can deal with many wipes, I will do my best to keep morale high ;)

1. Hawk
2. Androo
I'm in.

PSN Azolith.

Zocano

Kinda stunned that ghorn still viable for dpsing bosses. Totally gonna use for Cabal and Gate Lord bosses.

Well the older strike/encounter design is still there and highly susceptible to the super high dps weapons (e.g. Ghorn)

1. Hawk
2. Androo

Definitely up for it and at a perfect time for me

Zocano

Is the raid really tomorrow or next week? I'm hearing people saying it's upcoming Tuesday.

Bungie update today confirmed tomorrow at 12pm CST

edit:

Need to decide what to spend my skeleton keys on. I know the Kovis strike gives out an artifact so that's a good way to get a 365 artifact, but I dunno what are just desirable drops besides progression materials. Grasp of Malok maybe. Already have a perfect Treads Upon Stars, a Darkblade Helm I like, and Devil's Dawn.

Bungie update today confirmed tomorrow at 12pm CST

edit:

Need to decide what to spend my skeleton keys on. I know the Kovis strike gives out an artifact so that's a good way to get a 365 artifact, but I dunno what are just desirable drops besides progression materials. Grasp of Malok maybe. Already have a perfect Treads Upon Stars, a Darkblade Helm I like, and Devil's Dawn.

I've gotten artifacts from all the strikes in the Siva Crisis Playlist. Just got two in back-to-back Valus and Sepiks Perfected strikes.

ElNarez

Banned
The jumping puzzle in Felwinter Peak is fucking terrible and anyone defending it is a fucking idiot. It is the worst thing ever put in Destiny and I hate it with a burning passion.

ElNarez

Banned
Sounds like someone had a hard time with it.

It was dumb fun.

It's bad, and you're a bad person for liking it. Seriously. Everything about it is bad, and it is compounded by the shitty jumping physics, collision detection and checkpoint positioning.

guybrushfreeman

Unconfirmed Member
Seems like Bungie have nerfed moving around SIVA offering between characters to get more to drop, crazy. (Error message in DIM anyway)

Anyway I made it to about 364 now but I can't be around for blind raids, hopefully there will be some groups around the next day too.

The jumping puzzle in Felwinter Peak is fucking terrible and anyone defending it is a fucking idiot. It is the worst thing ever put in Destiny and I hate it with a burning passion.

It wasn't something I want to do again, but it was satisfying to make it to the top. Go slow, and jump THEN push forward.

XenoRaven

1. Hawk
2. Androo
I'd like to do it but I don't know if I'll hit minimum LL in time. Currently 346.

Hzoltan69

1. Hawk
2. Androo

Can I sign up conditionally? Ideally I'm looking for a group 2-3 hours earlier, but if I can't find one I'd love to join. 363 at the moment, hoping to hit be closer to 370 by then.

IbukiLordSA

Hey Gaf

Looking at getting back into the game, I haven't played since the first expansion so I think I was only level 28 with like 30 light or something. If I pick up the collection and use the level 40 character jump thing what will happen to my old weapons and armor, will it upgrade with me or will I have to get new loot drops?

I would hate to lose the Ice Breaker, am sure there are better weapons by now though :)

XenoRaven

Hey Gaf

Looking at getting back into the game, I haven't played since the first expansion so I think I was only level 28 with like 30 light or something. If I pick up the collection and use the level 40 character jump thing what will happen to my old weapons and armor, will it upgrade with me or will I have to get new loot drops?

I would hate to lose the Ice Breaker, am sure there are better weapons by now though :)
You'll have to get new weapons. Also, Bungie had trouble balancing Ice Breaker so there is no Y2/Y3 version as of yet.

Hey Gaf

You won't lose anything, but they will all be essentially obsolete in order to move up to the new light level system. Every piece of gear has a light rating and it now goes up to 385. Year 1 gear peaks at 170...

Mindlog

1. Hawk
2. Androo
I'd like to request a slot. Not for me, but maybe.
Oh and farming the Heroic Omnigul with 2 stormcallers and 1 nightstalker is perhaps even easier. The orbs refill supers faster than hoping for heavy.

Going to pass out now. Got to 360 with a bunch of infusion fuel that I'm saving for the actual raid encounters. Going to need a brisk morning run, a healthy breakfast and some PCP to wake up well tomorrow.

IbukiLordSA

You'll have to get new weapons. Also, Bungie had trouble balancing Ice Breaker so there is no Y2/Y3 version as of yet.

Ah ok, that weapon was the shit. Thanks.

You won't lose anything, but they will all be essentially obsolete in order to move up to the new light level system. Every piece of gear has a light rating and it now goes up to 385. Year 1 gear peaks at 170...

Cool thanks for info, think I'll pick up the game on the way home then.

So really quick. Complete Destiny noob here, picked up the game today, played through the tutorial and got to the tower.

Love it so far, but the tower makes me wish the entire game were in third person. I think because of how good the animation is and how awesome your character looks, even in the beginning.

Edit: Also, is there a destinyGAF group/community? I'll be in a clan with real life friends, but I'd love to be a part of the GAF community as well.

Jinjo

You mean the packages from Elders Sigil?

Is CoE really the only activity that gives drops higher than 365?

I dont think I have enough engrams to get to 370 :p

CoE does not drop above 365, bungie update said elder sigil's package rewards drop up to 365 only. Rank up packages from Variks do get you higher gear. Reminder: you can get easy 1000 rep by playing HoW PoE activities.

Top Bottom