• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT42| Embrace the Not-Knowing

So does the mission select work the same as vanilla Destiny where you would simply choose an icon on the map? I keep seeing people mention something about strike playlists or whatever and I'm confused. I'm assuming the playlist are the strikes with the special rewards? Sorry, haven't played this in a very long time.

Zakalwe

Banned
So does the mission select work the same as vanilla Destiny where you would simply choose an icon on the map? I keep seeing people mention something about strike playlists or whatever and I'm confused. I'm assuming the playlist are the strikes with the special rewards? Sorry, haven't played this in a very long time.

Strike playlists can be selected either from the icons at the bottom left of the Director, or from the Vanguard section of the map.

If you compete in playlists the various strikes will rotate, if you stay for 3+ you get a rep bonus.

Heroic has matchmaking, Nightfall requires a pre-made fire team.

Strike playlists offer unique rewards once a week, and also have higher chance of dropping strike keys.

You can still select strikes directly from the director, but generally the rewards aren't as high.

Zakalwe

Banned
PSA: if you see a guardian punching something, please don't shoot it. There may be a very good reason they are, like attempting to proc a life-saving perk...

Strike playlists can be selected either from the icons at the bottom left of the Director, or from the Vanguard section of the map.

If you compete in playlists the various strikes will rotate, if you stay for 3+ you get a rep bonus.

Heroic has matchmaking, Nightfall requires a pre-made fire team.

Strike playlists offer unique rewards once a week, and also have higher chance of dropping strike keys.

You can still select strikes directly from the director, but generally the rewards aren't as high.

Thank you!

aarcane

Hopefully the raid is good. My hunter is only 344 so I won't be going this week, but it'll be nice to have something to look forward to. I'll probably watch a DGAF stream as opposed to any of the usual Twitch lot.

In general, I just hope I don't have another experience like Y2. I got left behind in light level early on, so by the time I was ready to run King's Fall, the people I raided with in Y1 didn't want to run it anymore. Tried KF a couple of times, was put off by the mechanics and the lack of patience from others, so never got beyond Daughters and therefore MoT was never going to happen. I'm on XB1 and UK-based, which cuts down on available help from DGAF. My levelling in Y2 was done by grinding Iron Banner and 3oC, mostly solo. I really don't want to do that again and I can see myself dropping the game if it feels like it's going that way.

Zakalwe

Banned
Hopefully the raid is good. My hunter is only 344 so I won't be going this week, but it'll be nice to have something to look forward to. I'll probably watch a DGAF stream as opposed to any of the usual Twitch lot.

In general, I just hope I don't have another experience like Y2. I got left behind in light level early on, so by the time I was ready to run King's Fall, the people I raided with in Y1 didn't want to run it anymore. Tried KF a couple of times, was put off by the mechanics and the lack of patience from others, so never got beyond Daughters and therefore MoT was never going to happen. I'm on XB1 and UK-based, which cuts down on available help from DGAF. My levelling in Y2 was done by grinding Iron Banner and 3oC, mostly solo. I really don't want to do that again and I can see myself dropping the game if it feels like it's going that way.

There are quite a few Xbone players here, it's really up to you to get proactive and hunt them down and build up your FL. You're at a disadvantage in comparison to ps4 of course, but you will easily have enough players to build regular groups with if you make the most of this place.

Also LFG and other sites, just add add add everyone.

aarcane

There are quite a few Xbone players here, it's really up to you to get proactive and hunt them down and build up your FL. You're at a disadvantage in comparison to ps4 of course, but you will easily have enough players to build regular groups with if you make the most of this place.

Also LFG and other sites, just add add add everyone.

Yeah, I know there are Xbox players, I've got quite a few on my friends list. It just seems that most of them are US-based and playing when I'm not around/awake. Sometimes I think I should start a clan called "Wrong Console, Wrong Country".

Tried LFG, not a fan.

Jinjo

Omnigul farm could have gotten you to 365 in two hours.

I did my 350-365 grind legit, by doing full heroic strikes with GAF buds. Took me 10+ hours, but had an incredible fun time, can't see Omnigul yielding the same fun experience. People got caught up in the grind so much they forget to have fun.

If you're not raid-ready today, you will tomorrow, or maybe next week. It's all good. I started raiding in TTK a week after the raid went live cause I just wasn't there with light level on release.

Fuck the haters Rise of Iron is awesome

Got to play all day yesterday and the only thing that felt bad was the heroic wretched eye

Its clearly the new hardest strike and thats only because we were 340 and there was arc burn (them shanks!)

It was just an impossible double whammy lol

I love everything else so far and I also love that just about any activity in the game is relevant and can contribute to progression

At least until 365

Zakalwe

Banned
I did my 350-365 grind legit, by doing full heroic strikes with GAF buds. Took me 10+ hours, but had an incredible fun time, can't see Omnigul yielding the same fun experience. People got caught up in the grind so much they forget to have fun.

If you're not raid-ready today, you will tomorrow, or maybe next week. It's all good. I started raiding in TTK a week after the raid went live cause I just wasn't there with light level on release.

Tbh, grind is grind. You're still repeating content for the sole purpose of the LL trickle. I really don't see much difference, especially if you're running with people you can chat with.

the reef

e8722d28735418307fd9ccb8fece0cb6.jpg
Yes the Warlock boots!!

Deku Tree

Lol $10 USD worth of ornaments for one ornament that fits on one piece? Destiny is for the high rollers. RIP

I had fun doing Omnigul and I'm glad that I didn't have to suffer through running 10+ hours of strikes. That sounds awful to me.

Omnigul farm could have gotten you to 365 in two hours.

Problem with Omnigul is you need a team of 3 competent peeps. Currently I was playing solo the past two days so simply loading up and breezing through Sepiks has worked decently for me. Still only LL 338 though so I won't be ready to raid tonight unfortunately...

Ok guys

So skeleton keys

Only drop from SIVA playlist and nightfall?
In order of lower to higher drop rates

SIVA Crisis strike playlist
Siva Crisis Heroic strike playlist
Nightfall

It's still a pretty low drop rate- About the same as before when trying to get a strike specific item to drop.

So i got Gjallarhorn earlier today and it dawned on me that this expansion is really not adding anything to the game.

Yes there are a few new spaces, gear and quests, but what has Bungie really done this time? Where is the innovation? As far as I can see, it's just more content on top of the new mechanics and QOL updates they did last year with TTK. Everything is an updated or remixed version of an existing location, mechanic or idea. Archon Forge for instance, as fun as it can be, is literally Court of Oryx in a less convenient location with even less convenient drop rates.

Quests still have me running around vast expanses chasing triangular shaped drops. The Splicer Fallen are pretty much exactly the same as the normal Fallen. People are still running around in the Crucible the exact same way they've been running around for the last two years.

I wasn't really expecting much to change given the scope of the expansion and the timeframe it was made in, but I'm sitting here with virtually no interest in the new Raid and no desire to farm Strikes and chase blues all over again.It's not like the game is dropping me interesting shit like the transition from HoW to TTK. I'm just infusing everything I already have because why use anything other than Hung Jury and an Exotic Sword? Even Gjallarhorn pales in comparison to the fantasy brought on by the Swords and yet it was used to give the expansion's marketing campaign some weight.

I felt lost in the beginning of The Taken King because there was so much new stuff and so much to do. I feel lost in Rise of Iron too, but for a different reason - because I've seen all of this shit already.

Feorax

So managed to make it to light level 341 and got the Gjallarhorn. Where best to start the grind? Siva strikes? Heroic Strikes? Omnigul?

Jinjo

I had fun doing Omnigul and I'm glad that I didn't have to suffer through running 10+ hours of strikes. That sounds awful to me.

Lol, fair enough. Felt less repetitive to me, but if you had fun doing it that's all that matters.

Tbh, grind is grind. You're still repeating content for the sole purpose of the LL trickle. I really don't see much difference, especially if you're running with people you can chat with.

True, you're right. It just had some extra drop excitement with exotic engrams and skeleton keys/chests.

Wallach

Begrudgingly doing my PvP dailies for the LMs, I got a Hopscotch Pilgrim with OAS, Counterbalance, Perfect Balance / Hand-Laid Stock / Smallbore, and Spray & Play. Seems pretty sweet.

Top Bottom