• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT42| Embrace the Not-Knowing

So i got Gjallarhorn earlier today and it dawned on me that this expansion is really not adding anything to the game.

Yes there are a few new spaces, gear and quests, but what has Bungie really done this time? Where is the innovation? As far as I can see, it's just more content on top of the new mechanics and QOL updates they did last year with TTK. Everything is an updated or remixed version of an existing location, mechanic or idea. Archon Forge for instance, as fun as it can be, is literally Court of Oryx in a less convenient location with even less convenient drop rates.

Quests still have me running around vast expanses chasing triangular shaped drops. The Splicer Fallen are pretty much exactly the same as the normal Fallen. People are still running around in the Crucible the exact same way they've been running around for the last two years.

I wasn't really expecting much to change given the scope of the expansion and the timeframe it was made in, but I'm sitting here with virtually no interest in the new Raid and no desire to farm Strikes and chase blues all over again.It's not like the game is dropping me interesting shit like the transition from HoW to TTK. I'm just infusing everything I already have because why use anything other than Hung Jury and an Exotic Sword? Even Gjallarhorn pales in comparison to the fantasy brought on by the Swords and yet it was used to give the expansion's marketing campaign some weight.

I felt lost in the beginning of The Taken King because there was so much new stuff and so much to do. I feel lost in Rise of Iron too, but for a different reason - because I've seen all of this shit already.

Yep, its really half assed. I'm 350 light and cba to do anything else. Horn Quest is sitting there, Archon forge is a hot mess, Khostov is crap and I doubt if I could get better PvP gear than I already have

I know some people like it but the questification of everything is terrible, esp as you have no idea what you're aiming for 90% of the time. The 350-65 hard stop has also fucked me off no end

As ever the game will live or die by how replayable the raid is and PvP

Yep, its really half assed. I'm 350 light and cba to do anything else. Horn Quest is sitting there, Archon forge is a hot mess, Khostov is crap and I doubt if I could get better PvP gear than I already have

I know some people like it but the questification of everything is terrible, esp as you have no idea what you're aiming for 90% of the time. The 350-65 hard stop has also fucked me off no end

As ever the game will live or die by how replayable the raid is and PvP

I guess you should stop playing.

Kyne

Ok so 320 strike playlist

Sondid they really remove strike legendaries from the drop table and put them in the chest only?

the key drop rate is the same as the would-be strike specific legendary. What this means is that when it does drop, you actually get to pick your strike specific legendary drop rather than be at the mercy of RNG (after already being at the mercy of RNG).

nOoblet16

Ghorn is kind of crap now, can't even kill majors in one hit. Plus the Wolfpack rounds are unreliable, often times I won't even see them.

You can say it's "inline" with most other things in the game but we've got two swords the dark drinker and raze lighter that do tremendous amount of damage several times more than a Ghorn can fire rockets. You can say you need to go close to the enemy but the swords can block incoming damage and almost nullify it.

Do I even need to raid?

CtCL4q5UMAA8eQw.jpg

All 3 toons at 380+
What did u farm post 365+?

Ghorn is kind of crap now, can't even kill majors in one hit.

You can say it's "inline" with most other things in the game but we've got two swords the dark drinker let and raze lighter that do tremendous amount of damage several times more than a Ghorn can fore rockets. You can say you need to go close to the enemy but the swords can block incoming damage and almost nullify it.
Yeah but to be honest, if you're blocking all the damage until you're close enough, it's gonna take a little while to reach your target because you go so slow. Also, blocking damage takes up some of your heavy ammo.

nOoblet16

Yeah but to be honest, if you're blocking all the damage until you're close enough, it's gonna take a little while to reach your target because you go so slow. Also, blocking damage takes up some of your heavy ammo.
Who said anything about blocking to get close. You run in full health, do DPS and then use block to run away when you are low on health.

And like I said ammo is not much of an issue with sword.

Question: On my iron record book it says to do Siva Crisis strikes from the playlist (350 LL) i have been doing them for a while but it still does not progress, i am still at 0. Anyone know why that is?

Feorax

Question: On my iron record book it says to do Siva Crisis strikes from the playlist (350 LL) i have been doing them for a while but it still does not progress, i am still at 0. Anyone know why that is?

Are you doing siva or heroic siva? There are the heroic is 350, normal playlist is 320

Are you doing the heroic strikes? You have to do the regular strikes in the strike playlist. Pretty sure it's the same name but without the heroic part of it.

deadduck

350 artifact holding me back.

Brought 3 class items and nothing. Ranked up Eris and nothing.

Anything else apart from grinding shitty coo?

ZXoneXZ

Neo Member

I made same mistake, played couple of heroic strikes and no progress on Rise of Iron Record Book.
Then played couple of normal siva strikes and that worked.
It is kind of weird that heroic strikes are not eligible on that Rise of iron book thing.
They are the same strikes but harder.

Weekend's almost here, hopefully I'll be able to dig into RoI properly and get raid ready for next week.

Looking forward to reading your impressions on the raid when it releases.

spyder_ur

Whats the best and most efficiant way to Light level from 365 to 385?

Presumably the raid, right?

I popped a few exotics after getting to 360 last night and noticed I was getting items 3-4 above my light again. Jumped to 364 quickly and probably could get higher, still got 20 or so exotics.

Just happy to get raid ready without omnigul.
Do I even need to raid?

CtCL4q5UMAA8eQw.jpg

All 3 toons at 380+

Despicable. I hope you outleveled raid drops Ruffles.

You guys going at reset?

nOoblet16

I don't understand people who are annoyed at the game for being stingy with 350+ gear...progression above 350 is mainly suppose to come from raid gear and NF.

But atleast there is a way to do it otherwise unlike how it was before where after a certain point raid and NF were the only options. Apart from that legendaries will drop higher with a good chance and you can get 3 guaranteed legendaries everyday.

Raid recommended level might say 360 but you can easily tackle anything 10LL above without much penalty...that's how it has always been. But now atleast you have a way to exceed that limit before you even play it but it doesn't mean you have to.

Just because there are people who are hitting 370 and 380 via sinking enormous amount of time does not mean you have to as well. You won't get left behind.

Farside

Unconfirmed Member
If I am at 338 light, I should not try the farming trick, right?

And the Gally quest is fucking obtuse. (And the jumping bits can suck it.)

lt519

Going dark, have fun with the raid and see you suckers next Friday so I can bitch about how you all already have cheese methods for each boss and we're stuck on the first one :p

Top Bottom