• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT42| Embrace the Not-Knowing

Archons forge was giving me green SIVA offerings (2 al least). Dont know if i just got lucky or if its now the norm.
Warlock now at a more presentable LL.
Will need to grind strikes with the Hunter

Any item that was updated to y2 can be infused to the new maximum.

The y1 versions that cannot be updated will still be useful. They can be broken down for exotic shards which you will need plenty of to infuse your new exotics. Make sure to max them first so you get 2 shards per dismantle.

You can also still use all y1 items in normalized pvp (but bear in mind some of the updated ones have had additional perks added or improvements made, so they won't be quite as good).

Oh wow i had NO idea about the 2 shard info... that goes for every exotic? Shit i've messed that up a ton then lol. Though trying to max out never used year ones might be a pain in the ass!

Thanks for the tips!

Zakalwe

Banned
Oh wow i had NO idea about the 2 shard info... that goes for every exotic? Shit i've messed that up a ton then lol. Though trying to max out never used year ones might be a pain in the ass!

Thanks for the tips!

I think every one yes, at least every one I've tried.

It works similarly for Y2 Legendaries, too. If you dismantle with no xp you'll get weapon parts and 3 marks.

If you max them you'll get weapon parts, 2-3 motes, and 5 marks (and you donn't need to apply any resources to the nodes, just max the green bubbles and leave them empty).

You can also max them about half way to get 1-2 notes and 4 marks, but I'm not sure where the exact cut off is.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
So i got Gjallarhorn earlier today and it dawned on me that this expansion is really not adding anything to the game.

Yes there are a few new spaces, gear and quests, but what has Bungie really done this time? Where is the innovation? As far as I can see, it's just more content on top of the new mechanics and QOL updates they did last year with TTK. Everything is an updated or remixed version of an existing location, mechanic or idea. Archon Forge for instance, as fun as it can be, is literally Court of Oryx in a less convenient location with even less convenient drop rates.

Quests still have me running around vast expanses chasing triangular shaped drops. The Splicer Fallen are pretty much exactly the same as the normal Fallen. People are still running around in the Crucible the exact same way they've been running around for the last two years.

I wasn't really expecting much to change given the scope of the expansion and the timeframe it was made in, but I'm sitting here with virtually no interest in the new Raid and no desire to farm Strikes and chase blues all over again.It's not like the game is dropping me interesting shit like the transition from HoW to TTK. I'm just infusing everything I already have because why use anything other than Hung Jury and an Exotic Sword? Even Gjallarhorn pales in comparison to the fantasy brought on by the Swords and yet it was used to give the expansion's marketing campaign some weight.

I felt lost in the beginning of The Taken King because there was so much new stuff and so much to do. I feel lost in Rise of Iron too, but for a different reason - because I've seen all of this shit already.

Look, Everything you said is a valid complaint but like others have said this was put together after plans to put out Destiny 2 this year fell apart. I also dislike the fact that there was only 5 new exotic weapons this time around when last year we got three times that, but it's not like they hyped up this expansion as the second coming. they didnt lie about there being just one new strike, one new mode. they detailed everything and were very open about the content or lack thereof.

I agree with all of your complaints and have a few of my own, but it's an easier pill to swallow when you go in with lowered expectations.

- Really liked the Gjallahorn quest missions. They were challenging and felt rewarding.
- Khovostov is a fantastic gun, and the quest while simple had a pretty decent final mission. Nostaliga done right.
- Plaguelands is huge and had enough secrets to keep me interested for the first three days (10 hours).
- Archon Forge could be better (more drops please), but it's super challenging and hectic. It's better than CoO to me.
- Campaign had a couple of really good missions. Love the final boss fight.
- New Strike is great. Supremacy is awesome!

It's no TTK. But it's no The Dark Below either.

Tillbo

Looking to get back into Destiny and was going to pick up Rise of Iron from the PSN store...

However, does anyone know if the expansion itself includes the lvl 40 boost? If I buy the 'Complete Collection' it states the boost is included but doesn't mention it for the expansion on its own?

Lnkn52

So i got Gjallarhorn earlier today and it dawned on me that this expansion is really not adding anything to the game.

Yes there are a few new spaces, gear and quests, but what has Bungie really done this time? Where is the innovation? As far as I can see, it's just more content on top of the new mechanics and QOL updates they did last year with TTK. Everything is an updated or remixed version of an existing location, mechanic or idea. Archon Forge for instance, as fun as it can be, is literally Court of Oryx in a less convenient location with even less convenient drop rates.

Quests still have me running around vast expanses chasing triangular shaped drops. The Splicer Fallen are pretty much exactly the same as the normal Fallen. People are still running around in the Crucible the exact same way they've been running around for the last two years.

I wasn't really expecting much to change given the scope of the expansion and the timeframe it was made in, but I'm sitting here with virtually no interest in the new Raid and no desire to farm Strikes and chase blues all over again.It's not like the game is dropping me interesting shit like the transition from HoW to TTK. I'm just infusing everything I already have because why use anything other than Hung Jury and an Exotic Sword? Even Gjallarhorn pales in comparison to the fantasy brought on by the Swords and yet it was used to give the expansion's marketing campaign some weight.

I felt lost in the beginning of The Taken King because there was so much new stuff and so much to do. I feel lost in Rise of Iron too, but for a different reason - because I've seen all of this shit already.

It's a DLC made in 9 months compared to the 1+ year they had for TTK. Its not a mind blowing expansion but there are things that still gives me hope that Destiny 2 can be something out of this world.

I hope the live team do bring it since they made a big emphasis that they will not leave us out to dry waiting for some new content through out the year.

Looking to get back into Destiny and was going to pick up Rise of Iron from the PSN store...

However, does anyone know if the expansion itself includes the lvl 40 boost? If I buy the 'Complete Collection' it states the boost is included but doesn't mention it for the expansion on its own?

I "pre-ordered" the expansion, already had every other piece and it gave me one of those boosts. I don't remember the listing mentioning it at all, so I assumed everyone gets one.

EL CUCO

I'm completely burned out on power farming anything in Destiny. Looks like I'll be watching the Raid from the sidelines for the first time on launch day.

guybrushfreeman

Unconfirmed Member
If anyone is willing I can join in a blind raid but I probably won't make it to the end. I'd have to head off in about 3 hours 15 minutes from now. I can fill a spot until then though, LL364 now, hunter, PSN diggymow

Muzicfreq

Banned
the reef

e8722d28735418307fd9ccb8fece0cb6.jpg

That damn chest is pissing me off since this ep hit I have gotten that thing twice

oSoLucky

Our group of 5 is looking for 1 guardian on PS4 to run the raid blind this evening starting at 7pm Eastern. Will need a mic and a at least 355 light but would prefer 360. If we dont finish tonight we plan on hitting it sat afternoon to finish it off.

I'll be interested conditionally. I have a group that I was planning on going in with at 5 EST or so, but it looks like a couple of them aren't taking getting ready for raid seriously(all I want is them to be 350+ since we have good enough players to carry most likely). If I can't field my group then I'll be absolutely down to go. I'm 365 on Warlock and Hunter, and 361 on Titan atm, will likely get all to 365 before raid time though. Add me on PSN. KC_Darkness. I'm keeping myself blind no matter what happens until I can get in this evening one way or another.

Finaalllly beat a perfected siva offering. And with only 2 randoms haha. That was madness.

We did a couple of Perfected the other day and failed with 5 people, though we were all maybe mid 340s at the time. Now with 2 high 350s and me we blew through Perfected Dreg in like 20 minutes. There was a super ultra secret strategy to our success.

I went in and then:

Then he died.

So ornaments...do those drop anywhere at all? I got one for my sword, but that was it. Haven't seen another one since.

Also, is there a reason to do the heroic strike playlist over the normal one? I've been leveling up with just doing normal strikes.

Zakalwe

Banned
Maybe I'll rephrase that...

Are there two kindly guardians willing to help me run the NF now, please? I'd like to get it in before our raid run if possible. :3

Ragarra

I'll be interested conditionally. I have a group that I was planning on going in with at 5 EST or so, but it looks like a couple of them aren't taking getting ready for raid seriously(all I want is them to be 350+ since we have good enough players to carry most likely). If I can't field my group then I'll be absolutely down to go. I'm 365 on Warlock and Hunter, and 361 on Titan atm, will likely get all to 365 before raid time though. Add me on PSN. KC_Darkness. I'm keeping myself blind no matter what happens until I can get in this evening one way or another.

Actually got a private message from hoggart but ill add you either way.

darkwing

So ornaments...do those drop anywhere at all? I got one for my sword, but that was it. Haven't seen another one since.

Also, is there a reason to do the heroic strike playlist over the normal one? I've been leveling up with just doing normal strikes.

higher chance for skeleton keys on heroic strikes

Top Bottom