• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT42| Embrace the Not-Knowing

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Hello...
I have 2 warlocks, finished the expansion with one and doing strike 320 getting 350+ blues.

Started the expansion with the other, get to the new social tower and did 3 320 strike... Blues only drops at 340... Why is that?

you need to finish or at least start the story missions.

Shiv47

Great post. Almost completely agree.

There is absolutely no reason to change the light level progression after you hit 350. All of a sudden Faction, vanguard, exotic and legendary engrams have a 50% chance to drop below your light level. Ridiculous. It's the classic bullshit Bungie system of gating progress.

TTK also got you raid ready (290) relatively fast by just earning blues simply by playing the game. You didnt HAVE to run strikes or play grind bosses. The quests gave you 300 gear. You even got 310 exotics and artifacts. Now the raid drops were horrible and the grind to 310 was even worse, but at least you were raid ready without grinding and simply by playing the game. I have yet to grind but i played for five hours yesterday and only went up one level. thats not cool.

Lastly, so glad the crucible quests are gone. I nearly went crazy doing the weekly crucible quest last year when it had you win like a 100 games while getting kills with different weapons in different modes. the last word quest broke me.
The post-350 change really pissed me off last night. I had maybe 8-10 potential improved drops that saw only one come out higher than what I had. Everything else was either the level I was at or one below. The message then becomes "don't do this legit, because it's a waste of your time"

The post-350 change really pissed me off last night. I had maybe 8-10 potential improved drops that saw only one come out higher than what I had. Everything else was either the level I was at or one below. The message then becomes "don't do this legit, because it's a waste of your time"

As of last night, lets see what the raid brings, you should be able to do it <10 light the recommend.

Jinjo

373 is the highest I can get without a ghost. I did 15+ faction rank ups and no Ghost. GG Bungie. You really knocked it out of the park this year.

This is the first time people have the capability to hit max light before the raid even started so I don't know what is "worse" about this year. You're getting worked up over nothing. It is clear 365 is the intended 'max' you'd be able to reasonable get before the raid, as most people don't even have the resources to grind packages as you are able to. You are more than well-geared, enjoy the raid in an hour and I'm sure that ghost (and other gear) will be a lot easier to get.

Eilt

Neo Member
Raid at 2pm EST (little more than 2 hours from now)
Two spots open

1. Hzoltan969
2. Bitofadrizzle
3. Drizzle's friend
4. Subtervotion?

EDIT: Looking for a fun raid, but to avoid unnecessary frustration, please be over 360.

Sent you a message on PSN if you have room - only 356 but should be able to get 360 before 2.

Two spots open

1. Hzoltan969
2. Bitofadrizzle
3. Drizzle's friend
4. Subtervotion?

EDIT: Looking for a fun raid, but to avoid unnecessary frustration, please be over 360.

I wanted to chime in and let you know that I found another group for a 1pm raid. Sorry and GL.

Wallach

I got two different "But Not Forgotten" sniper rifles from the Archon Forge this morning. Love the sound the thing makes. One of them rolled Perfect Balance / Hammer Forged, Explosive Rounds / Single Point Sling, Hidden Hand / Triple Tap, which seems like a pretty flexible set of perks.

Has anyone gotten "The Unbent Tree" from there? That's the weapon I'd really like to get from the Forge as the only other decent bullet hose on the vendors seems like "The Continental" from Vanguard, but I don't know how long it'll be before I have 175 LMs again while I grind out Light levels.

nOoblet16

It's a DLC made in 9 months compared to the 1+ year they had for TTK. Its not a mind blowing expansion but there are things that still gives me hope that Destiny 2 can be something out of this world.

I hope the live team do bring it since they made a big emphasis that they will not leave us out to dry waiting for some new content through out the year.
See the problem with the situation is that TTK took 1+ year to make and then had the April update which was sort of a small addition to breath some life into the game. You could say they could afford to have the April update be small due to how large TTK was.

But despite all this I make a prediction that the April update for year 3 won't really be any bigger than April update this year, and no one would care because we Destiny players will eat up anything. In fact the next April update may even be less and people will just say it's the live team working on it which is small since most of the studio is on Destiny 2. Which is entire another issue, what happens once Destiny 2 launches ? Will we have the same skeleton crew for live team releasing nearly amount of content while the bulk of the studio works on Destiny 3?

nOoblet16

If I don't have a Raze Lighter, would the new exotic sword be good enough a replacement for doing the Omnigul farm?
No...it takes way too much ammo.
Dark Drinker is a suitable replacement and is just as fast as raze lighter.

That suggestion about two warlocks is good too but it only works in heroics but why are you even running heroics when you can take her down in 10-15 seconds in 320 strike with no danger while with heroic there is always a riwitof failure since it's arc burn.

Toki767

That suggestion about two warlocks is good too but it only works in heroics but why are you even running heroics when you can take her down in 10-15 seconds in 320 strike with no danger while with heroic there is always a riwitof failure since it's arc burn.

Ah well I do have a dark drinker at least so I suppose I'll use that.

X-Frame

Damn. The difference between Enhanced and Perfected SIVA offerings is huge. Whereas the others Bosses die in like 1 hit, the Perfected Servitor is a bullet sponge.

Lost my Perfected offering, me and another random couldn't do it. :(

etta

my hard graphic balls
Hey guys, so originally I was going to wait for Destiny 2 to jump into this world but with the recent Iron expansion which covers everything in snow (I just fucking love snow and winter environments) which had me intrigued, and just today the Taken King Legendary edition went on sale at Best Buy Canada for $20, I decided to say fuck it and jump in now.

The main reason I wanted to wait initially was because this all looks overwhelming, but having gotten it now, is there an easy beginner guide or some sort of advice on how to start? I assume just go through the story missions and then figure out what raids are and what things to grind and what not?

Is there a particularly good but indirect way to level up or get guns or cool armor...etc?

Also, last question, I assume the snow environment turns on only when you get to the expansion missions, right? Or can. Start with the Iron questline so I get the snow right away?

Many thanks!

Edit: also, does the Trial contain everything, just locked? I see it's 46GB, so can I just use that and pop the disc in when it gets here?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Okay, a couple of these were ambiguous but I did my best:
I'm in.

PSN Azolith.

Well the older strike/encounter design is still there and highly susceptible to the super high dps weapons (e.g. Ghorn)

Definitely up for it and at a perfect time for me

I'd like to request a slot. Not for me, but maybe.
Oh and farming the Heroic Omnigul with 2 stormcallers and 1 nightstalker is perhaps even easier. The orbs refill supers faster than hoping for heavy.

I'm in if there is still a place. Im currently at 351 but will be farming Omni or Sepkis to get above 355.

Im jayforone on PSN
These four were the first to commit, though I'm not sure what Mindlog meant by not for you?

1. Hawkian
2. Androo
3. Azolith
4. Zocano
5. Not Mindlog?
6. Jayforone

Please toss Hawkian on PSN a friend request if we don't have each other yet!

These are additionally potential alts:

I'd like to do it but I don't know if I'll hit minimum LL in time. Currently 346.
Can I sign up conditionally? Ideally I'm looking for a group 2-3 hours earlier, but if I can't find one I'd love to join. 363 at the moment, hoping to hit be closer to 370 by then.
Did this fill up? I'll be on all day....
Blunoise (via pm)

---

If anyone on the list can't make it, please let me know. If anyone listed as a tentative alt definitely CAN make it, also please let me know so you can be the first I grab.

Also, if you do plan to come, please don't watch streams or look up videos/impressions/etc. I really want us to discover this for ourselves.

I'm working from home but going to take a break here and there and grind a bit more to maybe get a little above 355 and with a loadout I can actually rely on.

I see the inevitable backlash has already begun but for the moment I am really, really pumped. Can't wait to jump in!

Zocano

The only thing truly disappointing about this expansion is that the Splicers are actually just a reskin of the Fallen unlike the Taken which were quite different and had their own personality and tactics.

Lima

Wait the normal strike playlist also drops up to 365 blues from bosses? Wut

Wallach

Damn. The difference between Enhanced and Perfected SIVA offerings is huge. Whereas the others Bosses die in like 1 hit, the Perfected Servitor is a bullet sponge.

Lost my Perfected offering, me and another random couldn't do it. :(

Yeah, they're a good bit tougher. Especially the Perfected Shank one, which seems like its in a class of its own compared to the other three. I've cleared the other three but I don't think I've seen the Shank one down yet, I can't remember. Some salty fucker sent me a PSN message when we failed the Shank one this morning because he started it with a bunch of ~340s who got mega reamed, like I was supposed to save the day with a Blessing bubble (which would not have done shit for those dudes trying to play axe hero at that Light level) when I was a Sunbreaker. I was pretty glad it was his offering that gave me that other sniper.

For the Servitor one, it is probably the easiest one to do if you take up a position sort of behind the dome that isn't surrounded by fire. You can avoid most of the angles the other Servitors have on you and just Gjallahorn and snipe them down and take cover behind the dome as needed.

Man. I was having no luck finding people in Archon's Forge last night. I played a few rounds, but after we all ran out of offerings there was nothing more we could do. It's a lot of fun, though.

Went up to 349. My Ghost is holding me back, so I'm just gonna buy one from one of the vendors.

Hzoltan69

Seems like we are full, just need the 6th spot confirmed.

1. Hzoltan969
2. Bitofadrizzle
3. Drizzle's friend
4. Ipitythafool32
5. OsoLucky
6. Eilt85 or HMD?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
The only thing truly disappointing about this expansion is that the Splicers are actually just a reskin of the Fallen unlike the Taken which were quite different and had their own personality and tactics.
I totally agree, that's disappointing and pretty surprising. I thought Splicer Dregs would have "a thing," like Taken Psions, that makes them a memorable addition. They really are all just basically reskins with a few different weapons.

Ragarra

Our 6th had something come up, so I am in need of a 355+ light guardian for a 7pm eastern blind raid. Just quote this post if interested with your PSN name.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Still looking for Raid Crew, any spot?
368 Warlock, 366 Titan & Hunter

Got fucked over by people I trusted

Top Bottom