• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT42| Embrace the Not-Knowing

The only thing truly disappointing about this expansion is that the Splicers are actually just a reskin of the Fallen unlike the Taken which were quite different and had their own personality and tactics.

I totally agree, that's disappointing and pretty surprising. I thought Splicer Dregs would have "a thing," like Taken Psions, that makes them a memorable addition. They really are all just basically reskins with a few different weapons.

I 100% agree with both of you. I'm really enjoying the new content, but this bums me out.

Wallach

Odd, I only saw max 340 stuff from that playlist. From the director though the strike bosses do drop up to 365.

Yeah, I wonder if that is a bug or not. I hope that if they fix it they do so at the same time they make some other kind of tweak to the loot system. Maybe moving those 340+ direct drop blues to Archon Forge drops if they can make the offerings a little more consistent and easier to use.

Yeah, I wonder if that is a bug or not. I hope that if they fix it they do so at the same time they make some other kind of tweak to the loot system. Maybe moving those 340+ direct drop blues to Archon Forge drops if they can make the offerings a little more consistent and easier to use.

I think PVP blues should drop up to 365 as well.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Anyone?

Raid spot open for a 368 Warlock, 366 Titan & Hunter?

Hoping for spot when Raid unlocks

Wallach

Can someone please explain to me the Omnigul farm? What light level do I need to be in order to attempt this?

Right now you can do it in the 320 version straight from the director.

Basically you go through the strike until you first see Omnigul at the end of the hallway before the final room. You have a Nightstalker tether her in place so she can't run up the hill like normal, and you kill her there forcing her to drop 2 blues that can go up to 365 Light depending on your own Light level. Either use those as infusion fuel or just equip them and keep increasing your Light level until you get higher blues. Generally people either use the Arc or Solar exotic swords to get enough damage to kill her before she can get away. Helps to have either a Warlock or Titan who can super all of the adds around her to create enough orbs to get everyone's super back by the time she is dead. After that you intentionally wipe (don't go up the hill) and you're back at the checkpoint where she's at the end of the hall again. Rinse and repeat.

That's a strike-specific drop, did you not have to use a skeleton key for it...?

I did. I'm trying to figure out what else i've gotten but i pretty much only ran 320 playlist yesterday and got a load of blue and purples around 340-350. Couldnt tell you for 100 which came from where though so i'll have to play more and track them and report back.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I'm pretty sure legendary gear always drops at or above your light level.
Up to 365, yes. And you can get legendary engrams from that playlist sure. But that one in particular is actually the unique helm from S.A.B.E.R. if I remember right. Do they still drop sometimes without skeleton keys?

Anyway yeah,
outright blue drops from bosses dropping up to 365:

Director 320 version - yes (not all strikes have been tested, but at least a few definitely do)
Heroic SIVA crisis playlist (350)- yes
SIVA crisis playlist (320) - no
I did. I'm trying to figure out what else i've gotten but i pretty much only ran 320 playlist yesterday and got a load of blue and purples around 340-350. Couldnt tell you for 100 which came from where though so i'll have to play more and track them and report back.
Ah, the chest at the end of a strike is the same no matter how you got there (regardless of playlist or whatever), but it will always get you the strike-specific legendaries from that strike, so you may want to save them to try to get the thing you actually want. Since they will also drop at light level based on your current one, you may want to save them until you're a bit closer to 365, though I can understand the desire to pop them before that too ;)

Dez_

I am nowhere near ready for the raid today. Maybe Saturday if I put more effort into the rng. Oh well, I am still having fun with this expansion.

Xion385

Right now you can do it in the 320 version straight from the director.

Basically you go through the strike until you first see Omnigul at the end of the hallway before the final room. You have a Nightstalker tether her in place so she can't run up the hill like normal, and you kill her there forcing her to drop 2 blues that can go up to 365 Light depending on your own Light level. Either use those as infusion fuel or just equip them and keep increasing your Light level until you get higher blues. Generally people either use the Arc or Solar exotic swords to get enough damage to kill her before she can get away. Helps to have either a Warlock or Titan who can super all of the adds around her to create enough orbs to get everyone's super back by the time she is dead. After that you intentionally wipe (don't go up the hill) and you're back at the checkpoint where she's at the end of the hall again. Rinse and repeat.
Thanks!

The only thing truly disappointing about this expansion is that the Splicers are actually just a reskin of the Fallen unlike the Taken which were quite different and had their own personality and tactics.

Yea it's definitely not nearly as big as TTK (even taking the $10 difference into account).

- All enemies had Taken forms, only fallen are affected by Siva.

-3 new strikes, reskins of all other strikes, compared to one that's pretty much new, one reskin

-I'm glad that old weapons can be carried through, but unlike TTK they just don't have enough new armor and weapons to leave everything behind.

-On that note, no new weapons types like Omolon, Hawwke, and the other that I forget.

Despite all that it did it's job, I jumped back in, and I'm having a blast. Hope the raid can compare to King's Fall.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Got my first 2 exotic drops in the new expansion!

Super Good Advice
4th Horseman

Alright then.

Does anyone stream somewhere other than Twitch? Like youtube or something. The T is blocked at work, and I think my best chance to experience a blind raid is by watching someone else do it blind.

nowai

2 spots for a raid starting at launch on PSN. 360+ LL please.

1. sunvsthemoon (me)
2. Zephyl
3. Gamer_at_Heat
4. x_Magik_ox

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Blind raid team for later on, please respond if you see yourself on this list and cannot make it!
1. Hawkian
2. Androo
3. Azolith
4. Zocano
5. Not Mindlog?
6. Jayforone

Please toss Hawkian on PSN a friend request if we don't have each other yet!

Zocano

- All enemies had Taken forms, only fallen are affected by Siva.

-I'm glad that old weapons can be carried through, but unlike TTK they just don't have enough new armor and weapons to leave everything behind.

There were a few points in the story missions where I thought they'd pull out surprise Hive SIVA enemies but that never happened :\

And the item carry over stuff is something I'll never be really sure on. Yah it's "fun" for the players but it is a symptom of the weird mishmash game they've made and settled on. The items we find have been very narrow in design since launch. There isn't a huge variance or depth in loot. Guns and armor don't have a huge amount of perks that make different rolls desirable and there aren't enough unique perks for specific items (like raid drops) that make chasing certain things worthwhile.

But I'll concede that's a crazy problem to attempt to solve. The design space is already limited because there's only so much that can be done to vary up shooting. I just wish they would try crazier options.

nowai

Now 1 spot for a raid starting at launch on PSN. 360+ LL please.

1. sunvsthemoon (me)
2. Zephyl
3. Gamer_at_Heat
4. x_Magik_ox
5. Fuzzy023

Top Bottom