• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT42| Embrace the Not-Knowing

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Bungie said there were less mechanics. Seems like the raid is going to be about 30 minutes when on farm. Pretty sweet though a bit disappointing that it's not more involved. Part of the appeal of VoG was that it was so hard at first.
They didn't say less mechanics just less unforgiving mechanics.

SPOILER TAGS FOR RAID STUFF.

FFS PEOPLE.

Do we need to call a mod here?

spyder_ur

Bungie said there were less mechanics. Seems like the raid is going to be about 30 minutes when on farm. Pretty sweet though a bit disappointing that it's not more involved. Part of the appeal of VoG was that it was so hard at first.

Honestly, I'm not sure they'll ever be able to duplicate that. It was so unique for a FPS and for the game itself. At this point, Bungie has us well-trained in terms of what to look for and notice with regards to mechanics, so I'm not sure what they could introduce that would rival getting lost in Gorgons or the Oracles at this point.

They'd have to find a way to totally reorientate what we expect a raid to be, and that's risky. Maybe there are some possibilities in D2 by dropping the old consoles.

V1ctIm

Neo Member
What do you have to do at the second boss while "critical siva overload"?

Anyone?
Go in one of the four rooms that lights up and shoot the circular light switch on the wall to create a clean room. Looks like you can only do it 4 times though. Before that siva critical state a monitor can be broken sometimes to prevent his red explosion. We're still trying to figure it out. I think our LLs are just too low.

NeOak

From the FAQ:

Spoiler Etiquette

What is a spoiler?
A spoiler is anything which can hinder a person's enjoyment of something by telling them something they might not have known beforehand. This is not limited to story elements but can also cover surprising gameplay developments/changes in the course of a game or surprises in terms of secrets and unlockables. The threshold each individual person has for spoilers on a range of subjects will vary greatly.

When not to use spoilers
If a thread is specifically marked as post-game discussion, and spoilers are warned about in the title, there is no need to use spoiler tags regarding that topic inside the thread. There is no point having an entire thread filled with black bars if everyone is on the same page regarding what is expected in the thread. The same applies for threads about the sequels of existing games. If you have not played the previous game(s) in the series, it is probably not a good idea to wander into a thread about the latest game, especially if it is a direct sequel to a story-driven game.

Avoid putting spoilers in thread titles
If you are making a thread, consider for a moment that some people might want to avoid knowing certain things about a game/movie/TV show/whatever. As such, being a little more vague is better than being inconsiderate.

Mark spoilers appropriately
When posting spoilers about anything, always mark it properly. Using a spoiler tag alone is often not the best way because no one will know what you have hidden behind the tag without reading it first. Using proper marking can make it very helpful for others to know if they want to highlight the spoiler tag or not. Mixing spoiler tags with regular text in a single sentence is also often a bad idea when dealing with a story spoiler, especially if it makes it obvious.

The following is an example of what is good and bad spoiler usage:

Correct spoiler marking strategies.
This is a spoiler for the 4th boss fight in Zelda
I can't believe the part when the boss breaks out a deck of cards and starts playing poker with himself!

Incorret spoiler marking strategies.
I can't believe
link
dies at the end of the boss fight against
megaman
or
Dude, I can't believe link just died

Keep posting spoilers from the raid in this non-spoiler thread and be prepared to face a mod when they are called.

IF YOU HAVE POSTED SPOILERS, please go back and spoiler tag them.

Keep posting spoilers from the raid in this non-spoiler thread and be prepared to face a mod when they are called.

IF YOU HAVE POSTED SPOILERS, please go back and spoiler tag them.

giphy.gif

jaaz

Honestly, I'm not sure they'll ever be able to duplicate that. It was so unique for a FPS and for the game itself. At this point, Bungie has us well-trained in terms of what to look for and notice with regards to mechanics, so I'm not sure what they could introduce that would rival getting lost in Gorgons or the Oracles at this point.

They'd have to find a way to totally reorientate what we expect a raid to be, and that's risky. Maybe there are some possibilities in D2 by dropping the old consoles.

I would be happy if they just made it longer. Like Naxxramus long.

j-wood

I haven't been able to watch any streams, but does the raid look good? I'm at 342, really hope it's better than Crota! (loved VoG and KF)

Matt Frost

Go in one of the four rooms that lights up and shoot the circular light switch on the wall to create a clean room. Looks like you can only do it 4 times though. Before that siva critical state a monitor can be broken sometimes to prevent his red explosion. We're still trying to figure it out. I think our LLs are just too low.

Ok thank we already found that room but still havent tried. Will work yours steps :)

I don't think this is a spoiler, but I will put it in tags anyway.
Raid seems kinda short to be honest regardless of LL.
Possibly, it just seems the adds aren't causing them any trouble whatsoever whereas in KFs first they were definitely DPS limited at points, particularly at daughters and Oryx.

Lima

Raid weapon spoiler aye lmao
The raid weapons lmao. They couldn't have put in less effort even if they tried.

Seems rather short (time-wise) for this kind of thing. I mean, some raids have taken this long even when you know exactly what to do.

People are just becoming more aware of the design language for the raids. It was always going to happen. He mentioned they picked up on the mechanics almost immediately and simply executed.

Zocano

I would be happy if they just made it longer. Like Naxxramus long.

I have been wanting this out of the raids since the very first day.

But MMO raids are also 1000x more gear reliant. You. Will. Get. Gear Checks. And you will not pass them in the first week or even the first fucking month some times.

People whine and moan that they are just barely under level in these raids. This is nothing compared to big boy MMO raids. It's a completely different paradigm and I don't think Bungie is willing to go to that step.

I think a different solution they could take is at least another raid. Basically how actual wow/14 raids work. You get a new one every couple months and you get slow steady progression between the raids. Bungie definitely doesn't have the infrastructure to accommodate that pipeline at the moment but we might see a completely different style with destiny 2. At least I would hope.

Top Bottom