• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT42| Embrace the Not-Knowing

Zocano

They need to give us a carrot that's really hard to reach.

More than anything about the raids, this structure is what I've been wanting. I haven't played WoW since BC and barely into WOTLK but I played a good chunk of FF14 and 14's launch raid was a huge crazy partitioned thing that took people months before server firsts started popping.

I hear Xur is offering the Monte Carlo, never used that weapon, any opinions on it?

I haven't messed with it too much but I hear it's alright in crucible.

OH MAN GOTH JUST WIPED AT 1%

OH MAN

latest

goth did it

grats on being world 50th goth

Destiny hasn't had a "damage this giant wall before it kills you" DPS race yet so it's not an MMO until that happens.

But it will happen.

Just make it a giant hive with a 5 minute enrage timer and you have to damage it while avoiding hooks everywhere

benzopil

I personally think this raid is
one of the worst and won't be fun and interesting after a month. Absolutely pointless jumping sections (they've never been so pointless before), same mechanics (with minor differences) for killing (almost) every boss... It's pretty good for a Live Team, but it's just a little bit better than Crota. It looks like a mix between PoE and strikes like Devil's Lair

I personally think this raid is
one of the worst and won't be fun and interesting after a month. Absolutely pointless jumping sections (they've never been so pointless before), same mechanics (with minor differences) for killing (almost) every boss... It's pretty good for a Live Team, but it's just a little bit better than Crota. It looks like a mix between PoE and strikes like Devil's Lair

Have you played it?

Are we seriously using spoiler tags for the Light Level items drop at in the raid based on your current Light?

This is getting out of hand. I understand mechanics, secrets and gear but not fucking numbers.

NeOak

Are seriously using spoiler tags for the Light Level items drop at in the raid based on your current Light?

This is getting out of hand. I understand mechanics, secrets and gear but not fucking numbers.

Raid Details.

Drops and their LL/perks are details, aren't they?

NeOak

You're in a discussion thread. We're here to discuss details of the raid.

non-spoiler thread.

Please review the member etiquette http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=428781

And GhaleonEB's post:

To keep it simple, please spoiler tag raid details for a week. IIRC that's the standard we've used in the past, but if it was longer someone please correct me.

Just as a courtesy to those not blasting through the content.

All that is needed are spoiler tags for a week for the raid details. How hard is that?

Bold One

Imagine if Destiny was developed by CD PROJECT RED,

Think of the amount of content, just all over your face. They released one of the largest scale RPGs ever, replete with an epic campaign, too many side quests, massively long cutscenes, dozens upon dozens of characters a year after OG Destiny and still managed to release 2 full expansions each equalling the entire Destiny catalog in size.

Oh, what could have been.

SkylineRKR

Think of the amount of content, just all over your face. They released one of the largest scale RPGs ever, replete with an epic campaign, too many side quests, massively long cutscenes, dozens upon dozens of characters a year after OG Destiny and still managed to release 2 full expansions each equalling the entire Destiny catalog in size.

With shit gameplay.

I mean TW3 is my GOTY and all, but the gameplay is meh.

GhaleonEB

Raid Details.

Drops and their LL/perks are details, aren't they?

Personally, I think folks should spoiler tag encounter and mechanical details, and maybe specific rewards, for a while. When you get to stuff like light levels I don't think it's a big deal.

And while I appreciate your passion for it, you don't need to police the thread. Please let it go.

####

So, I have not picked up Rise of Iron. I'm on the fence about it. My main hang-up is not the amount of content, but rather state of the PvE sandbox. The April update whacked shotguns and snipers in PvE pretty hard, IMO, and dinged my favorite scout (MIDA) along the way. That was a last straw for me, and I've only played twice since the April update.

How are things now? I felt like shotguns and sidearms were neutered in PvE, leaving snipers (which were nerfed in ways I hated) and fusion rifles (don't like using them). I couldn't get a sense from the patch notes how the new balance is.

Is the new loot a light remixing of the old, or is there some genuinely new gear that changes things up?

Jblanks

Destiny has been trending upwards, and last gen consoles will be ditched for Destiny 2; hopefully they get better at designing PvE content and balancing though (separate balancing for PvE and PvP... not that hard); Archon's Forge and PoE when it came out... awful. It's bad I'm already getting hyped for Destiny 2, and I haven't been enjoying ROI as much as I'd hope.

owlbeak

This fucking silver dust....bought four treasure boxes...got the same ornament four times. Still don't have enough to buy the ornament I want from Xur. GG, bungie. >:|

Arrrammis

Put CD Project Red in charge of the writing, take Activision out of the equation, and leave Bungie in charge of the gameplay. Even the small world that we have in current Destiny could be more epic with CDPR writing the script.

SkylineRKR

I would've bought this at 19. Still on the fence too and only 310 because I quit just before KF HM. I was expecting Destiny 2 this year and sort of bummed they grinded out 1 even more.

But though I didn't like all TTK changes, Bungie has come a long way regarding MMO type or loot games or whatever Destiny is. I have faith in a sequel. Last-gen is finally dropped as well.

Put CD Project Red in charge of the writing, take Activision out of the equation, and leave Bungie in charge of the gameplay. Even the small world that we have in current Destiny could be more epic with CDPR writing the script.

I'd let Bungie help with the lore. Because it's pretty damn good.

It's the delivery that needs work.

Top Bottom