• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT42| Embrace the Not-Knowing

I got to level 2 of the Moment of Triumph for Year 3, which nets me a box of Iron Armor Gauntlets, one pair for each class. But after opening the box, I was able to get a second one from the book. The same for level 2 of MoT. What's up with that?

Memory of Timur isn't so bad lol
xwryi34.gif

anyone up for a blind WoM run?

MrDaravon

Hit 362, the Omnigul farm is real and a ridiculous time saver over Sepkis etc. Still kind of annoyed though because I was hoping to hit 365 since my vault is literally completely full on armor from leg/exotic engrams and my weapon vault is starting to get up there. I've got about 45-50 engrams in storage at this point, and I know I could probably get myself up to 365 just from that but I know longterm it'd be better to hit 365 first. Raiding in the morning though so would have been nice to get that done. Still need to do the Gjallerhorn and Khostov (sp) quests as well.

Unrelated, but do any of the Strike chests have an equal chance at dropping an artifact like how some people are doing by waiting until it's your lowest LL item? I have 3 keys, but I don't know if any of the chests have a smaller item pool than others etc that would effect my chances in that regard.

I think it's it's own thing just like the past 3 were their own thing. Which is a good thing.

Honestly King's Fall is the most similar to Crota's End just cause the hive "aesthetic" and utilities/mechanics are going to be similar as far as rituals go.

Vex is all time and portals and stasis and stuff and this is appropriately more Fallen feeling. And it's quite a lot like how I thought a Fallen raid should feel which is good.

Now I just want my Cabal land tank raid where you chase after one on the dunes of Mars.

That's good to know. I'm curious about a Cabal raid as well. I'm imagining some crazy space WW2 affair storming space beaches and shit.

bitsurugi

Wow, without spoilers, was it much easier on subsequent playthroughs or was the challenge still there?

What Illini said. If there are not gona post some full proof-cheese strats on reddit, i'd say communication is top priority and people reacting on spot. This is way more important than light level.

Once you get things into your muscle memory, you will get it done and later on, on farm.

Nicodemic

WRATH OF THE MACHINE BLIND RAID SATURDAY 3PM EST

1. Light_Knight_Sky
2. Pandora_012
3. Traitor Weteha
4. Traitor Nicodemic (?)
5. -
6. -

Alts:
1. -
2. -
3. -
4. -

I'd really like to join but my light level is only 350 right now. Didn't think the recommended level would be this high. Unless we just try and get as far as we can?

Zocano

Well it sucks that I have a CP for what is presumably the final encounter so it'll be hard to find players who specifically want to start there. Maybe there will be people tomorrow or sunday up for it.

Why didn't they just make the Iron G-horn an ornament? I'd understand if it was it's own stand alone weapon but it's not. They literally have a system in place for this sort of thing. Unless they were against giving people 1 silver dust

DjRalford

Bleh. I'm still stuck at 349 light. Stupid special weapon won't drop something above 343.

Buy a 350 special with marks, i was stuck on 350 for ages with a 346 special, once i bought a 350 within an hour or so of patrols, crucible and a couple of faction packages i was upto a touch off 353

Is there a list somewhere of the possible loot from Archons Forge?

Because I'm pretty sure the only thing is the loot table is motherfucking cloaks.

darthbob

Is there a list somewhere of the possible loot from Archons Forge?

Because I'm pretty sure the only thing is the loot table is motherfucking cloaks.

I got two Saladin's Vigil drops, a lot of class items, and some legendary engrams. The new Iron Lord sniper rifle drops from the forge too.

Toddler

Could be RNGesus is drinking tonight, but I accompanied a friend on the last story mission (Iron Tomb), and at the last part
where you fight the Fallen in Iron Lord armor, I had a 3 of coins popped, got an exotic engram after he beat the first (I was helping with ads). So, I popped another, and got a 2nd one! He died so I handed the 3rd, but I didn't get any engrams at all, so maybe it's some crazy secondary thing some of you might want to try.

Jblanks

Got a But Not Forgotten; perks - perfect balance/oiled frame, quickdraw/snapshot, firefly/triple tap, looks good to me, any other opinions? It's solar, and was hoping it was void/arc because I still use my Solar 1YS, and need a sniper for the 2 other elements.

I got two Saladin's Vigil drops, a lot of class items, and some legendary engrams. The new Iron Lord sniper rifle drops from the forge too.

I've gotten 5 cloaks in a row. All but one was a year one remake. I'm super salty.

Just offered one of the purple level, um, offerings and got dick all for it. Not even a blue engram.

DjRalford

Forgot to ask this the other day, does the cryptarch not give out legendary engrams on levelling up anymore? every package i have had off him so far since the expansion has been motes / strange coins with a blue engram.

Jblanks

What's the deal with people leaving Heroic Strikes are the start? They trying to get a specific one? 3 times in a row now it's happened.

SheHateMe

It's funny, running the 10 Hard Story questline is super easy when you pick The Walls Come Down.

Got the time to right under 5 minutes per story completion.

Top Bottom