• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT42| Embrace the Not-Knowing

Ambitious

CtG940KWgAApr_2.jpg

Also: Explosive Rounds vs Hand-Laid Stock.
Man, I don't know.. Firefly is useful for adds and Triple Tap helps with bosses, so I think I'm gonna infuse the CR into the Hung Jury.

nOoblet16

I think one of the things people could do to smooth out the final boss is this
after the first teleport you know he isn't spawning in the same spot meaning the empowered person assigned to that side can immediately head to the servitor platform and FPS from there...so that he can supercharge for the next DPS phase.

Something else you can try is that the person doing the first slam can be ready to take the front centre spot in case he spawns there....if it's getting hard for the middle person to cover both teleport locations...provided the first teleport itself isn't in the middle but this might be a too much trouble for too little gain.

nOoblet16

371 appears to be the point at which the shanks and captain aren't Red level

my group hit a brick wall there too.. a single death is almost an automatic wipe which sucks considering it's normal not even hard

Grinding faction packages is such crap.. imagine the people that don't have all these materials to trade in
The guys who did worlds first had 2-3 deaths near the end of the encounter, they managed it. It's doable...I think the problem comes from communication and awareness side of things.

Does going higher than 380 do any more DPS? Or should I not bother.

I don't know but someone was telling me today that there is zero difference from a 370 LL and a 379 LL as far as DPS goes which I assume would hold the same weight in the difference from a 380 and a 380+.

I just know that there is a lot that can wrong in that last encounter but we got it to about 25% left and wiped, I've spent way too much time today in the same place.

371 appears to be the point at which the shanks and captain aren't Red level
my group hit a brick wall there too.. a single death is almost an automatic wipe which sucks considering it's normal not even hard

Grinding faction packages is such crap.. imagine the people that don't have all these materials to trade in

It's a bit complicated, overall 380+ itself won't mean you do extra damage, but at the same time the more attack your weapon has.. the more damage you will do, so if you were 380 and shooting a 380 enemy with a 385 sniper...you'd do more damage than what you would if you were 380 and shooting the same 380 enemy with a 380 version of that sniper. In any case going higher will help with your armour however.

As for damage penalty, 370 is not the same as 379...even if enemies aren't yellowed out. Each LL for the first 10 LL under the recommended will make you do about ~2.85% less damage, the curve is the steepest here. So you do about 15% less damage if you are 5LL below, 29% less damage if you are 10LL below, ~43% less damage if you are 20LL below.
https://m.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGa...t_levels_stats_and_how_they_affect_damage_in/

HMD

So I if I want a ghost drop from my faction packages do I go with armor or chroma? Cause I've opened a lot of packages and I'm still stuck with my 365 ghost.

Farside

Unconfirmed Member
Hey DestinyGAF. I've never played Destiny and I've always been interested. With the new expansion out I see that The Taken King edition is $20 at Bestbuy here and I was wondering if it's still worth it to start from there or do I need to be up to date? Would I lose out on any content other the newly released one etc?

If you start a TTK you can bump a character to 25 and then work your way to 40. Probably take a week or so depending on time. Add me if you are PSN (name's in profile), I'd be glad to help you with some of the grunt work.

Yep. I infused my regular into my Iron. You can always buy either one back at the kiosk.

Fuck... I thought we just need to dismantle the regular after you get the Iron. Ugh... And what kiosk are you taking about?

And I'm at 341. Still too low to farm Omni?

Because I'm pretty sure the only thing is the loot table is motherfucking cloaks.

Armour for each slot (well, at least head, arms, chest and class item), and two special weapons.

Have personally rolled all the above except the sniper rifle. Armour makes my warlock look like a slightly pregnant Jedi.

Fuck... I thought we just need to dismantle the regular after you get the Iron. Ugh... And what kiosk are you taking about?

And I'm at 341. Still too low to farm Omni?

You can infuse any heavy into Iron Horn, doesn't have to the one you get from the quest. You also get 2 Ghorns this way if you don't dismantle or infuse normal Ghorn..

WeTeHa

I'd really like to join but my light level is only 350 right now. Didn't think the recommended level would be this high. Unless we just try and get as far as we can?
I think 350 is too low, especially for a first run. You will have red enemies even in the raid entrance. We won't be able to beat the final boss anyway, but i think 365 is necessary to at least get to the boss.

Farside

Unconfirmed Member
You can infuse any heavy into Iron Horn, doesn't have to the one you get from the quest. You also get 2 Ghorns this way if you don't dismantle or infuse normal Ghorn..

I'm going to check it out today-- I can't believe I didn't know that you could do this and dismantled the year 1 Ghorn. Derp. Does it push the damage past 350?

Oh, I'll be on around 1130-1200 EST so I'll accept all FRs from yesterday and make sure I am in the clan. Thanks again, everyone!

I got to level 2 of the Moment of Triumph for Year 3, which nets me a box of Iron Armor Gauntlets, one pair for each class. But after opening the box, I was able to get a second one from the book. The same for level 2 of MoT. What's up with that?

Farside

Unconfirmed Member
I got to level 2 of the Moment of Triumph for Year 3, which nets me a box of Iron Armor Gauntlets, one pair for each class. But after opening the box, I was able to get a second one from the book. The same for level 2 of MoT. What's up with that?

I noticed this too for RoI stuff. But you don't get anything if you dismantle the dupes. Or at least I didn't.

I am assuming you mean the ROI book? And yes you can keep grabbing the packages but they are only 3 light. It's mainly for getting different rolls and if you like that certain roll you can infuse a higher LL armor into them.

Getting some great rolls on scouts!
Dorbit just gave me a Keystone with the choice of explosive rounds/full auto, triple tap/smallbore and firefly.

EL CUCO

Didn't realize Memory of Timur only grants the chance to turn enemies into allies...ugh.

I should've listened to everyone when they said it sucks lol FeelsHipsterMan

MrDaravon

deaf are we still on for this morning? Just woke up tired as shit, but just talked with two IRL friends who said there's like zero chance we're beating it with the levels we had when I got off last night. Did you guys get any higher (ayyyyy)? I'm still stuck at 362ish and that's only with certain pieces.

I know it's only the second day of the raid but I cannot understand some people's inability to communicate/work as a team/use critical thinking. I've been stuck on
Phase 2 of Aksis
for the majority of yesterday until now purely because of my raid teams not understanding their roles even after 2+ hours of attempts. I'm not expecting to find a god squad this early on but when people still believe things like
the Empowered players being the only ones capable of throwing bombs
it's a bit much. I've had to on more than one occasion
slam Aksis as an Empowered player all three times
because everyone is screaming at each other and no one is actually listening to important call-outs. I've been with at least four different teams now that have had enough DPS to kill the boss easily but it never pans out purely because of miscommunication and a core misunderstanding of the mechanics involved.

Sorry for the rant but I just needed to vent a little. :p

Top Bottom