• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT42| Embrace the Not-Knowing

Reven

Looking for someone to help me beat Orxy's echo on Phobos. I'm plenty high enough light level but can't get it done.

PSN: PvtPyleFMJ

I love the raid set for the Hunt;er my Hunter looks so badass with the Bittersteel shader equipped. Completing the raid over an hour ago, I like it way better than Kingsfall. The final boss fight really keeps you on your toes.

Last boss spoilers.
*SGA: During the final stage of the Aksis fight, Empowered guardians can super-charge the entire team if they stand on the squares where the Servitors try to go to and hold down X, or Square. We just used this to crush that S.O.B. Easy peezy.*
Cause that changes everything. And I checked the person/ clan that did this. Did complete the raid. And others have chimed in collaborating for this as well. It's a damage boost.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I had to use a lot of resources to get to 380 so I can help my team with DPS.

ss3u4qS.png

Its really a bummer they didn't have the raid start at 350 and end at 375 (and then HM start at 375 and go to 400), that little gap from 350 to 365 to start the raid is a huge hurdle imo for the non grind lovers. I don't think I'm going to bother with the raid, I'm 352 or so after a few hours of omnigul farming (titan/hunter/warlock) and I don't really enjoy the grind at all.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
My group is stuck for the past hour at the final boss.. We're all 360-365 and I'm guessing we're being gear checked.

How does this work?

Three in mine are less than 370. I was 376 in our last encounter. We gave him all we could and barely did 15% in one run. That's why I went ahead and get myself to 380 so I could be on equal terms in doing damage to last boss.

My group made it to the final boss after a couple hours which surprises me. Usually we have A LOT of unnecessary bleeding when we first go through the raid. Guess we'll start the real bleeding tomorrow when we try to beat the final boss.

darkwing

My group is stuck for the past hour at the final boss.. We're all 360-365 and I'm guessing we're being gear checked.

How does this work?

exchange strange coins for heavy ammo, use heavy ammo to rank up your faction rep

another method is to get skeleton keys

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Last boss spoilers.
*SGA: During the final stage of the Aksis fight, Empowered guardians can super-charge the entire team if they stand on the squares where the Servitors try to go to and hold down X, or Square. We just used this to crush that S.O.B. Easy peezy.*
Cause that changes everything. And I checked the person/ clan that did this. Did complete the raid. And others have chimed in collaborating for this as well. It's a damage boost.

Doesn't seem to work.

Doesn't seem to work.
It does. Ruthless confirmed
Look for a red glow over one of the servitor plates as one of the other empowered guys slams the boss. A notification will pop in the left hand side that says "Guardians are supercharged".
Also, the timing has to be impeccable. Basically all it does is refill super, grenade, and melee. So you can probably tether every round now.

nowai

My group cleared it with three people 360-365. We did have three 370+ people that paired up with them though, so we were able to split the damage requirements.

Kensuke

We fucking did it. Took 12+ hours. But we beat the raid. Light levels 361-367. We had to execute almost perfectly and beat the boss at the last second.

Does going higher than 380 do any more DPS? Or should I not bother.

I don't know but someone was telling me today that there is zero difference from a 370 LL and a 379 LL as far as DPS goes which I assume would hold the same weight in the difference from a 380 and a 380+.

I just know that there is a lot that can wrong in that last encounter but we got it to about 25% left and wiped, I've spent way too much time today in the same place.

I don't know but someone was telling me today that there is zero difference from a 370 LL and a 379 LL as far as DPS goes which I assume would hold the same weight in the difference from a 380 and a 380+.

I just know that there is a lot that can wrong in that last encounter but we got it to about 25% left and wiped, I've spent way too much time today in the same place.

371 appears to be the point at which the shanks and captain aren't Red level

my group hit a brick wall there too.. a single death is almost an automatic wipe which sucks considering it's normal not even hard

Grinding faction packages is such crap.. imagine the people that don't have all these materials to trade in

Finally beat the raid lol. Final boss took many hours, but we stuck with it and eventually took him out, just as his wipe animation was beginning lol.
Not bad for having mostly <270s in a 280 encounter!

darkwing

371 appears to be the point at which the shanks and captain aren't Red level

my group hit a brick wall there too.. a single death is almost an automatic wipe which sucks considering it's normal not even hard

Grinding faction packages is such crap.. imagine the people that don't have all these materials to trade in

some people are just in a hurry, Destiny 2 is still next year, grinding faction packages are just for hardcore players

Top Bottom