• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT42| Embrace the Not-Knowing

deafmedal

And I'm at 341. Still too low to farm Omni?
No. Swords, tether, and shock 'lock gets it done bueno :)

deaf are we still on for this morning? Just woke up tired as shit, but just talked with two IRL friends who said there's like zero chance we're beating it with the levels we had when I got off last night. Did you guys get any higher (ayyyyy)? I'm still stuck at 362ish and that's only with certain pieces.
Yup. I wouldn't be adverse to some last minute grinding to edge out those last little bits. I'm at 365, artifact would push me to 366-367. Unfortunately I found a SK and opened a chest... got a bond and strike specific loot :mad:

hydruxo

Didn't realize Memory of Timur only grants the chance to turn enemies into allies...ugh.

I should've listened to everyone when they said it sucks lol FeelsHipsterMan

Well to be fair it's a pretty high chance. But yeah, after using it for a few days I'm ready for a different artifact haha. It's not as useful as it sounds like it would be.

owlbeak

So all my gear is 361-362 except my ghost (357) and artifact (351) and they are holding me back from progressing.

What's the best way to get upgrades for these?

Nothus

So all my gear is 361-362 except my ghost (357) and artifact (351) and they are holding me back from progressing.

What's the best way to get upgrades for these?

I think artifacts have a chance to drop from strike chests, and also maybe from levelling up Eris.

Ghosts I'm not sure. Has anyone run the KF raid since the update to see what LL the loot drops at? Could try doing the first part of that and see if you get lucky with a ghost drop...

nOoblet16

I know it's only the second day of the raid but I cannot understand some people's inability to communicate/work as a team/use critical thinking. I've been stuck on
Phase 2 of Aksis
for the majority of yesterday until now purely because of my raid teams not understanding their roles even after 2+ hours of attempts. I'm not expecting to find a god squad this early on but when people still believe things like
the Empowered players being the only ones capable of throwing bombs
it's a bit much. I've had to on more than one occasion
slam Aksis as an Empowered player all three times
because everyone is screaming at each other and no one is actually listening to important call-outs. I've been with at least four different teams now that have had enough DPS to kill the boss easily but it never pans out purely because of miscommunication and a core misunderstanding of the mechanics involved.

Sorry for the rant but I just needed to vent a little. :p
Even the pro Gaf raid team had issues....it happens.
It can be tiring.

Farside

Unconfirmed Member
No. Swords, tether, and shock 'lock gets it done bueno :)

I'd be down for that around 1130 or so, if you are on (or anyone else for that matter). Titan so I'll bring the sword. May have to walk me through the process, but I'll check youtube before.

nOoblet16

People are way too focused on LL. Only if you
hit every slam in every phase
and
wipe to enrage
should you blame the team DPS.
Yes but low light level can also at times lead to deaths due to low armour. But I agree it is not so much about LL as it is about execution.

There are teams here who have done it with most or even all team members below 370.

HF2014

Was thinking about picking up Taken King on PS3, will it still worth it ? I realise i can give this game a chance and multiplayer is free. So worth picking up?

Edit: Also wondering if spending like 5$ just on original Destiny worth it, will i be able to play the game?

Kalamari

20 Archon's Forge Victories?
hahaha how? Every time I visit the place theres is no one...

Protip: crouchwalk from the room in Archon's Keep through the tunnel to Archon's Forge, this gives the game time to matchmake you into a more active Archon's Forge, it works!

Sometimes it takes a couple tries, so if you don't get matched with anyone, just run back out to Archon's keep, shoot some guys for a minute and try again.

nOoblet16

Look at this these guys 3 manned the entire raid..and one of them was under leveled for final boss.

https://youtu.be/jbSglyFuiKY

Granted these guys are good, it atleast tells you that DPS and LL are not an issue. Keep in mind that their DPS with a 375, a 380 and a 382 will still be lower than the DPS of a full fireteam averaging say 368-370 LL especially because they didn't use (final boss mechanic)
supercharged

How did you level pass 365? What's the best method

I claim this top post for clan WIPE and Hunters everywhere.

Lol. I'm Hunter main for year 3. So Yay hunters. But I've mained the other two the last two years. All classes are fun.

Anyway...

- Get to 365
- Use Exotic engrams
- Level up faction packages
- Grab a couple of Raid gear pieces.

That's really it. Unfortunately, it's a real grind this time around. Unless you have a ton of mats to spend on faction rank ups or have a lot of exotic engrams piled up, there is no quick way. You have to farm, farm, farm. Luckily I had enough of all that to worm my way up to 370 by the skin of my teeth.

I lol'd hard at the warlocks rubbish in the raid comment. My team last night had 4x Nightstalkers and 2x Stormcallers. Orbs and lightning everywhere all the time. Ads were never an issue, our low light level for
Aksis phase 1
meant a few of our team were getting one shotted.

Gonna give it another go tonight but probably run alts through the early parts of the raid first.

KxoZz

Curious as to what weapons people are using for final boss.

I used Raze Lighter for the captains with the cannons (you can two-shot them with it), people who weren't on cannon duty were using ghorns. Snipers and cannons for DPS. Hand Cannons for shanks seems like the best option. My Hung Jury needed 3 shots for each shank

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Look at this these guys 3 manned the entire raid..and one of them was under leveled for final boss.

https://youtu.be/jbSglyFuiKY

Granted these guys are good, it atleast tells you that DPS and LL are not an issue. Keep in mind that their DPS with a 375, a 380 and a 382 will still be lower than the DPS of a full fireteam averaging say 368-370 LL especially because they didn't use (final boss mechanic)
supercharged

It's the whole logic of you really don't base something off the absolute top echelon of players. 99% of the userbase won't be able to do something like that even if their light was max. Those guys have done stuff in raids that no one can ever come close to.
For the majority of the population they need to get as many advantages as they can.
Dying too much/fast and not doing enough damage to ads/boss can be less of a burden by simply just having higher light.

Ambitious

CtH3jDzXEAAqEgh.jpg

Also: Fitted Stock.
Haven't yet tried it, but it looks great.

shingi70

Banned
Haven't played since Tuesday, got in for five minutes today to buy stuff from Xur but that's it. Time to call art again on Monday because my internet won't work at all.

nOoblet16

Curious as to what weapons people are using for final boss.
Scorch canons, and abilities like nighthawk super out DPS anything you can do with your gun...and that seems to be the way. Still good to have atleast one night stalker for teather each round for extra damage who gets it charged each time with supercharge.

Hzoltan69

Protip: crouchwalk from the room in Archon's Keep through the tunnel to Archon's Forge, this gives the game time to matchmake you into a more active Archon's Forge, it works!

Sometimes it takes a couple tries, so if you don't get matched with anyone, just run back out to Archon's keep, shoot some guys for a minute and try again.

Actually, the best way is to crouch walk all the way from the patrol spawn point. Guaranteed to work on occasions!

nOoblet16

It's the whole logic of you really don't base something off the absolute top echelon of players. 99% of the userbase won't be able to do something like that even if their light was max. Those guys have done stuff in raids that no one can ever come close to.
For the majority of the population they need to get as many advantages as they can.
Dying too much/fast and not doing enough damage to ads/boss can be less of a burden by simply just having higher light.
Which is my point. That it is about execution rather than DPS... since despite how good they are, they cannot out DPS a 6 man fire team even if that 6 man fire team is under 370.

Them being good allows them to do it with ease with several handicaps, normal players should be able to atleast do 50% of that with none of the handicaps if they get their timing right.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Which is my point. That it is about execution rather than DPS... since despite how good they are, they cannot out DPS a 6 man fire team even if that 6 man fire team is under 370.

That's the thing. There is not much room for error for certain groups. Every raid thus far was the same. As time goes on with higher light and more experience, execution will be more lenient.

I'm loving the raid. Like the fast pace and seemingly many references to a lot of things.
Prometheus, Mad Max, Running man, etc.

Top Bottom