• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT42| Embrace the Not-Knowing

Alright so my 3 characters are 366/365/362

What are the best methods to get them to 370? I want to be at least 370 for the raid. At least for one of my characters.

I've done Nightfalls x3 and leveling factions for packages. However what else can I do to get gear that's above 365?

Also how do you get a Skeleton Key? I got that free one from doing the first few ROI quests but I haven't seen another drop since.

Thanks, TY and CaptScience for the nf. Was smooth until the end, but now we know how to do that final encounter.

Got an "I don't know" emote.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I could reach max if I really wanted to.

DhbGoX7.png

^No, we haven't beaten it yet. Fatigue was on overdrive.

Alright so my 3 characters are 366/365/362

What are the best methods to get them to 370? I want to be at least 370 for the raid. At least for one of my characters.

I've done Nightfalls x3 and leveling factions for packages. However what else can I do to get gear that's above 365?

Also how do you get a Skeleton Key? I got that free one from doing the first few ROI quests but I haven't seen another drop since.

Three of Coins for Exotics (infusion fodder mostly) is one helpful method but by itself would take awhile but does help in combination with Faction Packages, Skeleton Keys, etc.

Skeleton Keys seemingly drop at random from strikes.

400 is max isn't it? ^

Also have a 360 Siva offering for AF if anyone wants to jump in and do it. A few levels under but should be fine
Max is currently 385. Max becomes 400 when HM comes out. So it seems like the usual, raid, IB, and trials are going to be the only ways to reach the true max.

Not playing this again until they sort out all these problems with gearing up to 350 and beyond. Ridiculous that Strikes can drop 240 gear. Ridiculous that decrypted blues have a 340 cap, and yet predecrypted blue drops can be up to 365. And AF is terrible.

Cheesing a specific boss of a specific Strike is not enjoyable end game. I hope this isn't indicative of what we can expect from Destiny 2.

Hope the raid makes up for it. Avoided as much as I could about it.

nowai

Curious as to what weapons people are using for final boss.

I had my group pair up with Raze Lighter and Ghorn.

The person grabbing the cannon used Raze Lighter to two shot the captains and continue to use the cannons during the damage phase. The person throwing the SIVA balls used ghorn.

I was a cannon user and once my ammo was depleted, I switched to a sniper. I use an Eirene with triple tap and replenish and it's VERY forgiving to get easy head shots on him when stunned.

I would fire 5 shots of Eriene, cast tether, then instantly fire 5 more shots. In addition to the cannon damage, it was massive.

We also had people die in the last round, but just delayed killing the captains to allow people to revive then proceed.

123rl

I finally got an Imago Loop but it's not a great roll. It's got explosive rounds, exhumed and life support. I'll keep it though

Not playing this again until they sort out all these problems with gearing up to 350 and beyond. Ridiculous that Strikes can drop 240 gear. Ridiculous that decrypted blues have a 340 cap, and yet predecrypted blue drops can be up to 365. And AF is terrible.

Hope the raid makes up for it. Avoided as much as I could about it.

Nightfall also helps, but not by much.

But yeah, after 365 the only thing you got going are faction / vanguard / crucible packages.

AF you still need to get lucky (with a group + drops. The last two perfected I helped beat didn't net me anything).

So for now, looks like I'm gonna be 370 for a minute.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
Oh wow, the Monte Carlo feels amazing

Yep. I was hoping Xur would have a good auto rifle as I hadn't found any new weapons I liked at all yet.

Edit: short lived though as I just got a Suros Regime from an exotic engram and infused the Monte Carlo into that to get it to 350. Works for me as I was hoping Xur would have a 350 Regime.

The blues capping at 340 is stupid. They had a decent system worked out that made blues relevant with TTK then they went and messed it up. This has be a mistake

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
I have two skeleton keys. Is there a strike that drops a ghost? Mine is stuck at 355 keeping my overall light level down.

nowai

But yeah, after 365 the only thing you got going are faction / vanguard / crucible packages.

Don't forget exotics as well as any rank up package.

I farmed CoE for a Variks rank up, CoO to rank up Eris for an artifact, the gunsmith and even turned in my remaining 30 Etheric Light I had to Petra for a Queen's Wrath rank up.

Freeman76

So its been out a few days, for missions and drop wise has it been worth the money for you guys? I know the story is short that doesnt worry me, its whether there is more afterwards. Im not a raider really

123rl

The blues capping at 340 is stupid. They had a decent system worked out that made blues relevant with TTK then they went and messed it up. This has be a mistake

There has to be a grind somewhere and it's 350 onwards. There needs to be some catch somewhere to artificially lengthen game time. It's intentional and I don't see it changing any time soon

Dez_

Does that Omnigul strike need to be done on the heroic playlist, or can it be done at 320 difficulty setting? I've noticed the only blues that keep getting higher light are the bosses I beat only on the heroic strike playlist.

Also, I still only have one skeleton key, but I'm wondering if there is any good loot to be on the look out for in the new-ish strikes?

SCB3

Fuck these Wolf Medallions, I cannot find the last 3 I need for the Gjallhorn quest, why is there still no in game map?

Yep. I was hoping Xur would have a good auto rifle as I hadn't found any new weapons I liked at all yet.

Edit: short lived though as I just got a Suros Regime from an exotic engram and infused the Monte Carlo into that to get it to 350. Works for me as I was hoping Xur would have a 350 Regime.
I've been using Suros Regime as well. Can't find many exotics whose perks I like, and the Khvostov ended up being a complete bust.

When you are in the same area as one then it shows up as a grey marker to go towards.
You have to be really damn close to them though.

Fuck these Wolf Medallions, I cannot find the last 3 I need for the Gjallhorn quest, why is there still no in game map?
Not trying to excuse the lack of map, but each of the zones is generally small enough, especially the Plaguelands. Just watch a video guide or something? Sure there's literally something out there were someone starts out at the spawn in Plaguelands, and literally goes through the area picking them up, 1 by 1.

I remember day 1 of this DLC, when all we had to go off of were pictures of the medallion locations.

SCB3

Its the lack of of a map that still annoys me, Venus in particular is a pain to get around

I'll find them, focusing on levelling to do all the raids (Only finished Crotas End so far)

Top Bottom