• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT42| Embrace the Not-Knowing

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
So 385 is the max light eh?

M3djYfJ.png

Would explain why someone reached 386. Got it from faction package.

Finally got my book to rank 10 and unlocked the gear rolls I wanted. Chest and arms are ornamented up, but it's bullshit it takes 2 days or iron ornaments for the chest and helmet. Blah.

Are you saying that if you reclaim the gear after acquiring them a first time they'll give you different stat rolls when you infuse them up?

I wonder if Bungie messed up and had faction packages go up to 400 instead of 385 before HM came out. Cause they said 385 was the max until HM came out. Weird. Wonder if exotics are doing the same.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Looking for two partners to set up an extended Omnigul farm.
I'm a 558 Warlock looking to hit 365 on this toon, and then continue to get two more nearly full sets of 365 infusion fodder for my Hunter and Titan.

I'd like a Hunter with an extended Tether and another Warlock running Stormcaller.
Planning on entering the 350 SIVA Crisis heroic strike as a full team of three (arc burn), get to the pre-boss Omnigull fight in the "hill" room, have our Hunter tether where she spawns and shrieks initially (SILENCE HER SCREAMS), and then have us two Warlocks Stormtrance her to death. And the adds she surrounds herself with to extend the Hunter's tether duration. Clean up with high level Zhalo Supercells if she survives the two arc supers, suicide, rinse, and repeat. Arch shotties would probably work too.

High level Zhalos and/or Bolt-Caster arc exotic swords help. A high level Y3 Gjally on the Hunter could probably help too. But the idea is to not rely on heavies so that we don't have to blow synths or waste time on purple crate farming runs. Once we get the system down, it should be pretty easy to kill Omnigul once every two minutes or so, and get her incrementally increasing blue (non-engram) drops to steadily climb to 365.

Mics are nice, but not necessary. Being at or near 350 helps, though if we get this working, not being 350 is probably only a temporary setback. Come with minimal gear on-hand so you have room to pick up lots of trash. We don't want to break to head to the tower, since RNG'ing back into the strike from the playlist could take a while.

My PSN is Mejilan. Please feel free to look me up and enter my party chat. We can coordinate our session from there. Please don't reach out if you only have like half an hour or whatever to farm.

Pro-tip: Don't infuse the non-365 blues she drops. Just wear them to "artificially" boost your average light. Once she's consistently dropping 365 blues for you, that's when you can start infusing your preferred gear or vault the for alts.

guybrushfreeman

Unconfirmed Member
So how am I supposed to faction grind exactly? 2 hours of heroic stirkes has turned out to be completely pointless. Couldn't even advance a single light level.

JayHayabusa

Looking for two partners to set up an extended Omnigul farm.
I'm a 558 Warlock looking to hit 365 on this toon, and then continue to get two more nearly full sets of 365 infusion fodder for my Hunter and Titan.

I'd like a Hunter with an extended Tether and another Warlock running Stormcaller.
Planning on entering the 350 SIVA Crisis heroic strike as a full team of three (arc burn), get to the pre-boss Omnigull fight in the "hill" room, have our Hunter tether where she spawns and shrieks initially (SILENCE HER SCREAMS), and then have us two Warlocks Stormtrance her to death. And the adds she surrounds herself with to extend the Hunter's tether duration. Clean up with high level Zhalo Supercells if she survives the two arc supers, suicide, rinse, and repeat. Arch shotties would probably work too.

High level Zhalos and/or Bolt-Caster arc exotic swords help. A high level Y3 Gjally on the Hunter could probably help too. But the idea is to not rely on heavies so that we don't have to blow synths or waste time on purple crate farming runs. Once we get the system down, it should be pretty easy to kill Omnigul once every two minutes or so, and get her incrementally increasing blue (non-engram) drops to steadily climb to 365.

Mics are nice, but not necessary. Being at or near 350 helps, though if we get this working, not being 350 is probably only a temporary setback. Come with minimal gear on-hand so you have room to pick up lots of trash. We don't want to break to head to the tower, since RNG'ing back into the strike from the playlist could take a while.

My PSN is Mejilan. Please feel free to look me up and enter my party chat. We can coordinate our session from there. Please don't reach out if you only have like half an hour or whatever to farm.

Pro-tip: Don't infuse the non-365 blues she drops. Just wear them to "artificially" boost your average light. Once she's consistently dropping 365 blues for you, that's when you can start infusing your preferred gear or vault the for alts.

we can do the 320 one. Im in for an hour or so

Im jayforone. Can you please add me?

Chitown B

so do you have to be 350 before you start getting 351+ gear? Also, if I went into the raid at 350 would it just be pointless or could I maybe get through the first part to get gear?

guybrushfreeman

Unconfirmed Member
You can trade in 5 motes of light for 100 rep which is the fastest way for me at least IMO

Eh, to be honest this is exactly what I didn't want to be doing when I picked up Destiny again. I'm sure I can do the raid at 366. Spending hours grinding while little to no result is exactly how I ended up hating Destiny after TTK.

JJShadow

Is anyone down to do some Omnigul farming? Need to go from 362 to 365. I can only bring my Titan with WoL and Raze-Lighter, so any Hunter/Warlock is very welcome

PSN is JJShadow77

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Is anyone down to do some Omnigul farming? Need to go from 362 to 365. I can only bring my Titan with WoL and Raze-Lighter, so any Hunter/Warlock is very welcome

PSN is JJShadow77

358 Stormcaller reporting for duty? I'd like to hit 365 and stick around long enough to get extra 365 gear for my two alts.
PSN is Mejilan.

It sucks when your doing rank ups and two pieces are holding you back and they never drop. So you do a bunch of rank ups and get nothing of value. FeelsBadMan.

Still rocking the 350 artifact because RNG hates me. The next highest LL item up from the artifact I have is 361, so over 10 light higher. FeelsBadMan

Really? Why? Does it get really good loot drops at the end or something? I haven't ran the new version of it yet
Omnigul shows up and leaves right before her real boss fight. Kill her before she leaves mainly keeping her there with a hunter tether. She will drop items as if you finished the strike.
Then wipe
Then repeat
It's the equivalent of a strike clear in less than 2 minutes per run.

bitsurugi

Beat the raid a 4th time. Apparently you get siva key fragments even if you already did the encounter, so technically you could farm the raid for keys.

Eh, to be honest this is exactly what I didn't want to be doing when I picked up Destiny again. I'm sure I can do the raid at 366. Spending hours grinding while little to no result is exactly how I ended up hating Destiny after TTK.

It makes sense. Given this is less content than TTK. And TTK was setting up for a year of no new content other than boring events and the small April update.

They always have some new and cheap way to halt progress. I never ranked up factions and such because the grind was awful. Now it's the main way to progress. How boring.

Chitown B

Beat the raid a 4th time. Apparently you get siva key fragments even if you already did the encounter, so technically you could farm the raid for keys.

WTF? It just dropped and you've beaten it 4 times? How did you even know how to do it? Isn't it usually figured out over time?

guybrushfreeman

Unconfirmed Member
It makes sense. Given this is less content than TTK. And TTK was setting up for a year of no new content other than boring events and the small April update.

They always have some new and cheap way to halt progress. I never ranked up factions and such because the grind was awful. Now it's the main way to progress. How boring.

What frustrates me is the game actually has plenty of content these days but it's underutilised. As you level higher the game actually gets more restrictive as you can feel it grabbing you trying to hold you back. There's less to do that rewards progression as you level up, over 365 there's little that rewards you at all.

bitsurugi

Can you open the siva chest if you have a key and your on your 5th raid?

Yes, if you haven't opened it yet in the same week on the same character. Think of it as mouldering shards, but you can choose which encounter gives you the bonus item. I like it. I like even more that you can also reroll raid armor. Good job Bungie!

nOoblet16

IMO the problem right now is that earlier we thought raid was going to be the main route of progression past 365, it's no longer the case since they are no better than faction packages and you can only do once per character per week.

Kings fall was stingy with gear BUT it made sure that everything it dropped in NM was above 300 regardless of your LL. Which meant people could start the raid at 290 and approach 300 or above by the end of it since anytime they'd get something it would bump up their LL but one.

With wrath of machine the LL of drops is tied to your own LL meaning you can finish the entire raid and not even go up 1LL. And that is quite bullshit tbh.

Top Bottom